No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mosley: In Their Prime, De La Hoya Better Than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Laypipe View Post
    I agree...prime Oscar, Mosley, Forrest, Trinidad, maybe prime cotto and Vargas....easily beat prime mayweather...
    No to Trinidad and Forrest

I lost interest when you included Vargas and Cotto. Idk why are you even here with that bs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      Of course he'd say that because he beat Oscar so in his mind
      -Shane
      -Oscar
      -Floyd

If he said Floyd was better than it would look like
      -Floyd
      -Oscar
      -Shane
      Bingo. Plus Shane lost it when Forrest took his soul.

Comment

• Let's get serious if Shane fought a Focus Judah would it be competitive?

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Sounds like you didn't even watch the fight & heard harold leddermans scorecard....LOL
          YOU didn't watch the first fight....that jab to the belly/hook up top connected most of the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            It's not his opinion, it's hate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kmuZU2LIRgo
            You're the one hating, mosley have fought them and his opinion is 10000000x credible than any poster here.

Comment

• I will give Shane the benefit of the doubt because he is probably punk drunk by now and concussed. I notice his speech gets worse every time someone puts a mike in his face. He is starting to sound like James Toney or Medrick Taylor. But I digress.

Let’s deal with the facts though. Shane did beat Oscar twice when Oscar was in his prime. Shane lost to Floyd when he was towards the end of his career. He was 32 when he beat Oscar the 2nd time and 39 by the time he fought Floyd coming off (2) straight wins against Mayorga and Margarito. Shane probably wanted that fight that never happened against Floyd in his prime so of course Shane will make that accessment. I don’t blame Shane for feeling this way.

However, here is where I disagree with Shane objectively. Let me preface this 1st by saying I’m not a Oscar fan, or a Shane fan, or a Floyd fan. I am just a boxing fan.

Oscar starting pro boxing (4) years earlier than Floyd, 1992 to 1996 respectively. So looking at both of their careers chronologically, Oscar won his 1st title ever, the WBO World Super Featherweight title against Jimmi Bredahl, in his 11 professional fight. Floyd won his 1st title ever, the more regarded WBC World Super Featherweight title against a much better champion, Genaro Hernandez, in his 18 professional fight.

In the same year of winning his 1st title, Oscar goes on to win the vacant WBO World Lightweight title against Jorge Paez and picks up the IBF lightweight title a year later against Rafael Ruelas. Meanwhile, 4 years after wining his 1st title, Floyd grabs the WBC World Lightweight title against Jose Luis Castillo. 3 years later, Floyd picks up another title in a 3rd division, the WBC World Super Lightweight title against Arturo Gatti.

Fast forward to Oscar, he picks up his 3rd division title, the WBC World Welterweight title, against the great Pernell Whitaker 24 years old, still in his prime. He goes on to lose that title against Felix Trinidad 2 years later. A year later he wins an “IBA” Welterweight belt; not sure what belt that is against Derrell Coley. He later loses that title to Shane along with a chance at the WBC Welterweight belt.

In Floyd’s separate career projectory, he goes on to win titles in his 4th division, the IBF and vacant IBO Welterweight belts against Zab Judah. And in the same year, picks up the WBC from Carlos Manuel Baldomir.

While still in his prime Oscar picks up a title in his 4th division, the WBC Super Welterweight title against Javier Castillejo. He goes on to win the IBF & WBA belts a year later, unifying the division against Fernando Vargas. At 30 years old, he loses all of those titles to Shane Mosley. A year after that he wins the WBO Super Welterweight title again against Felix Sturm and loses the same year to Bernard Hopkins in a bid for the middleweight title. A year later at 33 years old, he wins the WBC Super Welterweight title again against Ricardo Mayorga.

His very next fight at 34 years old was against Floyd Mayweather. He loses and Floyd picks up a title in his 5th division, the WBC Super Welterweight title. Floyd is 30 years old at the time of this fight. By the time he reaches 34 years old, he defends title against Hatton, Marquez, Ortiz, and Mosley.

From the age of 35 on, Oscar beats Forbes and loses to Manny. From 35 on, Floyd goes on to beat Guerrero, Cotto, Alvarez, Maidana twice, Manny, and Berto. I’m not counting McGregor.

Looking at this “objectively, who was better in their prime, objectively boxing fans??? And please don’t give me hypotheticals or what ifs or scenarios or conspiracy theories. I’m talking about what’s on record that can’t be removed from their careers.
              Last edited by markther; 08-06-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                LOL oh ok, but my thing is if he couldn't beat a 33 yr old Pernell in his prime he def couldn't have beat Floyd either because remember when Floyd said he sparred Whitaker right around those years and he pretty much said it was easy work and he could beat Whitaker bad in sparring if he wanted but that was 1 of his idols.

Honestly just a theory but I think when Oscar would hear Floyd name he realized the difficulty he had with Whitaker and didn't even want to entertain the thought of a fight with Floyd until the money was right due to the difficult style.

Let's not forget who Oscar trainer was for a few years. Floyd Mayweather Snr
                I never said Oscar would beat floyd in Oscar's prime. Oscar gave some issues to floyd with that jab when they did fight then either Floyd adjusted or Oscar abandoned it for some reason in the second half. Oscar and Floyd were both great fighters in their prime no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                  Let's get serious if Shane fought a Focus Judah would it be competitive?
                  Lol what angle you playing here? That a focused judah would beat shane or vice versa?

Judah could be as focused as he wants and Shane would bury him.

Judah was all flash, never beat the top guys when he fought them.

Comment

• They gave floyd hell while against pac they didn't win a sjngle round combined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      Lol now we finished on his “back foot” against Trinidad. I know you didn’t see the fight. If yiu had yiu would have saw Oscar literally running away from Trinidad that last four rounds. Lol. I can’t stop laughing.
                      Oscar picked Trinidad ass apart the entire fist half of that fight he thought he built up a big enough Lead. You could argue a DRAW but no way Trinidad beat Oscar

seen that fight live on PPV and multiple times after that I did not like Oscar so I was rooting for Trinidad when they fought

Comment

Working...
                      X