Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
    I agree. Kov was doing well but you could see he was susceptible to something big landing. He didn't look comfortable in there (although credit to Alvarez had a lot to do with that). I think the robbery in the first Ward fight did change him sadly. He worked his whole life to get that big fight, won, and then they robbed him and some people tried to act like it was legit.

I don't see how he will continue honestly. Who knows what his future is
    Totally agree. CoWard got beaten in the first fight and they robbed the crap out of Kovalev. In the rematch, CoWard cheated MASSIVELY throughout the entire fight and it was dismissed completely. That is the stuff that makes me DISPISE Ward, he never had to travel, he got to cheat in virtually every fight and the refs never said a word to him. That kinda crap doesn't fly with me, you play by the rules or you don't play at all.

Anyway, Kov was never the same after CoWard I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
      Never saw him saw Alvarez hurt. He was hitting him hard but he was taking it well. Then Alvarez turned it up and BAM.
      I agree, I dont think he really shook Alvarez up at all. The better man won tonight and its obvious Alvarez has some good power. I look forward to seeing him fight the other players at LHW.

Comment

• Tonight I picked Quillin (for whatever reason always a favorite of mine)(, Alexander, Bivol and Kovalev but I told my friends if I had to pick an upset it would be Alvarez over Kovalev. I thought Bivol would have problems with Chilemba (altho I think he had less problems than I thought) Krusher looked out of shape and disinterested...and I think there's a reason why Stevenson dodged Alvarez. I think his chin is slightly suspect but he's a good boxer with tricky power and he has tons of heart.

Comment

• Congrats to Ward on his 3rd victory over Kovalev. Or that's what I'm getting from reading the fanboy comments.

Alvarez ended Kovalevs career tonight. Ward merely stole 1 victory and low blowed himself to another. Give Alvarez the credit here, he got a beautiful, clean victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyr View Post
            Alvarez controlled rounds 1-3, kovalev controlled 4-6 and the BOOM happening in round 7. Neither guy controlled anything. I don't know what Harold ledderman and the judges were seeing
            I had Kovalev up but it was super close. Alvarez really turned it up, I thought his lunch volume was a little low. He seemed to start throwing much more than just the jab in that round before the big shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
              Kellerman continued to do everything he could to suck Ward’s D.

My God. That performance by Alvarez was more dominant than Ward’s performance in either fight.
              Ward gets a gift decision 80% of the press believed Kovalev won then a fluke ending where his opponent is bending over from a low blow, a crowd carries Ward away cheering.

Alvarez stops the same guy fair and square and does what Ward couldn't do. A crowd carries Ward away cheering.

Pretty perplexing stuff

Comment

• F.cking hell this was a great fight! After 2 years off, Alvarez with the big KO win. I’m soooo looking forward to Bivol vs Alvarez!

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Just a new ERA in the Light Heavyweight Division: Alvarez, Bivol, Artur Beterbiev, Oleksandr Gvozdyk

Kovalev had a fine career
                  Yep. Out with the old and in with the new. Kovalev is 36. Makes me think GGGs time is coming soon

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Bivol has power true but he doesn't have dimensions. If you are going to be good at boxing, you need to have dimensions, angles, gears. Alvarez appears to have some of that, but I wonder how much of that is Kovalev fading in his career/losing love for the sport.

He deserves credit for the win, he really needed that KO to win imo and he got it. I'm just wondering if this wasn't a degraded version of Kovalev for various reasons.
                    I don't necessarily think he was degraded. He fought well the first 5 rounds. Alvarez is just that good. And Kobavlev made the same mistake he did against Ward... That lazy jab.

I watched the fight with Alvarez and Bute. He ended it with one punch. He was beating up Bute before the KO. I think that's why Stevenson wanted no part of him.

Comment

• Congratulations Alvarez can’t even be mad at that but atleast now Stevenson kovalev has a real chance of happening

Comment

Working...
                      X