No announcement yet.

A brief chronology of lineal heavyweight champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post

rummy is absolutely incredible. a must sub if you at all care about the history of the sport. the guy is solid gold. opinions are opinions, and called them. mostly the guy is a documentarian and a boxing scholar / historian. love it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      rummy is absolutely incredible. a must sub if you at all care about the history of the sport. the guy is solid gold. opinions are opinions, and called them. mostly the guy is a documentarian and a boxing scholar / historian. love it.
      I remember him from E@STSIDEBOXING..

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Yes they are. Lineal vacancy can only be filled by #1 vs. #2. Magazine vacancy can be filled by #2 vs. #5. Lineal title can't be stripped for political reasons, it's only the man who beat the man. Magazine title can be stripped for not facing one of the magazine's mandatories. I understand you're just a fan and you are a little confused about the magazine belt. That's fine. But when somebody better educated comes along, somebody who studies this stuff for a living, you should do a little more research before you tell me I'm wrong. I'm just trying to help you out. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Ring Magazine had Corrie Sanders rated #3, but because magazine title and lineal title have nothing to do with each other, Vitali vs. Sanders was for the magazine title, but not the lineal title. Vitali was never lineal champion.

Wladimir re-established lineage against Chagaev, not Pulev. Stop posting false information please.
        Vitali won the Ring title by beating Corrie Sanders. That reestablished lineage. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          Vitali won the Ring title by beating Corrie Sanders. That reestablished lineage. The end.
          The ring title isn't the lineal title. #1 vs #3 doesn't fill a lineal vacancy, but can fill a ring vacancy.

Try to provide a credible source that tracks the lineal title that lists Vitali. You won't be able to. CBZ, Wikipedia, etc. Vitali nowhere to be seen. I'm sorry you were unaware that ring and lineal are different things. That's your problem.

Comment

The ring title isn't the lineal title. #1 vs #3 doesn't fill a lineal vacancy, but can fill a ring vacancy.

Try to provide a credible source that tracks the lineal title that lists Vitali. You won't be able to. CBZ, Wikipedia, etc. Vitali nowhere to be seen. I'm sorry you were unaware that ring and lineal are different things. That's your problem.
            They assigned the Ring title. That's a distinction for the ONE AND ONLY HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP. That's how it's done when the previous champion retires. Ring was the authority at the time. Nothing you say will change it. It's not about an opinion chief. This is a FACT that happened. The End.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              He's a good singer too, don't forget.

Comment

They assigned the Ring title. That's a distinction for the ONE AND ONLY HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP.
                you are free to value the ring title if you choose. but its not the lineal title. two different things.

ring is owned by golden boy. its a biased publication owned by a promoter. nobody credible takes it seriously anymore, but even if you choose to take it seriously, it has nothing to do with lineal anymore.

Comment

Aj N wilder need to fight, this back n forth is becoming annoying
                  Last edited by uppercut510; 08-06-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

you are free to value the ring title if you choose. but its not the lineal title. two different things.

ring is owned by golden boy. its a biased publication owned by a promoter. nobody credible takes it seriously anymore, but even if you choose to take it seriously, it has nothing to do with lineal anymore.
                    The Ring wasn't owned by Golden Boy in 2004 so keep telling yourself that because that's what you want to believe.

Comment

The Ring wasn't owned by Golden Boy in 2004 so keep telling yourself that because that's what you want to believe.
                      That's not how words work. I never said GBP owned it in 2004. I listed their ownership as a reason many disregard the title. That is separate from the fact that Ring and lineal have nothing to do with each other.

Adonis Stevenson is the lineal champion. He's not the Ring champion. Different things.

Comment

Working...
                      X