This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    It is a reason why fans in the JS don't just jump on any and every fighter. When you've seen Ali, Ray Leonard, Hagler Roy Jones Jr, Mayweather the Standard and the expectations to fill those Boxing ICONS Shoes makes things unrealistic.

Same with with Sports like NBA Basketball! Kobe Bryant, LeBron James are held to or is expected to match the Standard of Michael Jordan which is UNREALISTIC!

So no in America we're not going to just crown Wilder KING, sure he has some bias fans who support him but NO Wilder is not a big Star yet because the Sport Fan in America need to see more first before crowning him.
    I agree with what you say here

But no one is putting Joshua in the brackets of HW greats, not even alongside Klitschko. He has to earn that first

The last great we had was arguably Lennox Lewis. Some would say Calzaghe, but I don’t really rate his resume as much as others

Comment

It is a reason why fans in the JS don't just jump on any and every fighter. When you've seen Ali, Ray Leonard, Hagler Roy Jones Jr, Mayweather the Standard and the expectations to fill those Boxing ICONS Shoes makes things unrealistic.

Same with with Sports like NBA Basketball! Kobe Bryant, LeBron James are held to or is expected to match the Standard of Michael Jordan which is UNREALISTIC!

So no in America we're not going to just crown Wilder KING, sure he has some bias fans who support him but NO Wilder is not a big Star yet because the Sport Fan in America need to see more first before crowning him.
      i gotta disagree, i see a lot of US fans hyping fighters prematurely, the problem is as soon as they lose their 0 they get tossed on the scrapheap and noone cares about them. A lot of them are scared ****less to take risky fights and i dont think its cause they are scared of the opponent, they are scared of knowing that the career ends with an 0 cause their 'fans' jump onto the next one. Case in point, american poster saying brooks career is now irrelevant after losing to 2 p4p top 10 level fights, which is what it would be if american. In UK he'll still be popular and him v khan would still be a huge fight even though theyve got losses between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
        I've never seen someone call Dillian Whyte an elite fighter outside of the British fans. What's wrong with them?
        It is not so much the real fans, mainly the casual fan who believes anything that come out of Eddie Hearn's mouth.

Joshua, for example is placed on the same pedestal as Jesus Christ. He ticks all the progressive media boxes - black, Nigerian, criminal, no father around, but now has 'turned his life around' through sport etc.

All total BS of course, but makes a great narrative.

Comment

exactly, its not like hes some bum but elite????? I don't understand why they think we are angry they have a few decent fighters? im happy for them but they have lost their minds! its like a bunch of children who never had toys and only saw them on tv and finally got ninja turtles. calm down uk fans you have a decent batch yes but gee wizz

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
            i gotta disagree, i see a lot of US fans hyping fighters prematurely, the problem is as soon as they lose their 0 they get tossed on the scrapheap and noone cares about them. A lot of them are scared ****less to take risky fights and i dont think its cause they are scared of the opponent, they are scared of knowing that the career ends with an 0 cause their 'fans' jump onto the next one. Case in point, american poster saying brooks career is now irrelevant after losing to 2 p4p top 10 level fights, which is what it would be if american. In UK he'll still be popular and him v khan would still be a huge fight even though theyve got losses between them.
            Yeah you're making the major mistake of allowing THE INTERNET to dictate to you what is what. Internet is very misleading it makes guys seem bigger than what they really are. A True Superstar and a Draw and REAL HYPE is packing in 90K like AJ. In the US ONLY CANELO is a STAR and a Legit Draw! The Rest are NOT, some Draw well but they're not anything close to Canelo in reality.

Try logging off the internet sometimes and let Reality Settle sometimes because the hype from a few online is not anything close to what is REALITY!

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              I agree with what you say here

But no one is putting Joshua in the brackets of HW greats, not even alongside Klitschko. He has to earn that first

The last great we had was arguably Lennox Lewis. Some would say Calzaghe, but I don’t really rate his resume as much as others
              a lot of them do bro, they act as if hes already an ATG!, hes a decent fighter but like all current HWs he still has work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
                I understand and applaud them supporting their fighters.

What I don’t get is Eddie Hearn’s cult-like following. The man openly contradicts himself and blatantly lies at times and some treat him as if his every word was carved on a stone tablet atop a mountain by God himself.

He’s a freaking promoter of the Bob Arum “Yesterday I was lying, today I’m telling the truth” variety who will say any and everything to get attention or sell a ticket, which is not unusual. But I’ve never seen a boxing promoter with a group of supporters who thinks he’s a golden idol the way some of these Brits regard Eddie.
                You do realise Hearn gets booed at every single event in the UK. I don't a single person who raves about Hearn.

Comment

problem is i never read anyone calling dilion white and elite fighter

Comment

No we just love a scrap. Beer and fighting has been a thing in Britain and Ireland for quite sometime now lol.

Comment

Yeah you're making the major mistake of allowing THE INTERNET to dictate to you what is what. Internet is very misleading it makes guys seem bigger than what they really are. A True Superstar and a Draw and REAL HYPE is packing in 90K like AJ. In the US ONLY CANELO is a STAR and a Legit Draw! The Rest are NOT, some Draw well but they're not anything close to Canelo in reality.

Try logging off the internet sometimes and let Reality Settle sometimes because the hype from a few online is not anything close to what is REALITY!
                      yeah, fair point...

Comment

Working...
                      X