No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Makes Decision To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThelronMike View Post
    Looked like a heavybag against pac and was down on the cards against that thai he faced at the beginning of the year
    Exactly. That's why he decided to retire, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Fake versace View Post
      Hall of famer without a doubt
      without a doubt...?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
        I wish him well, but there's no way he's going to get an office job with all his tattoos.
        He won`t need that.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          He won`t need that.
          Man...I hope you're right, but it's hard to say for sure. Someday he might need to fall back on his accounting background. He really should have thought about that before he tattooed his entire neck. And hands. And fingers. And arms. And head.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
            Maidana likely made a lot more off the back end this was just his guaranteed money.
            Source please, I'm curious what deals he made.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
              Man...I hope you're right, but it's hard to say for sure. Someday he might need to fall back on his accounting background. He really should have thought about that before he tattooed his entire neck. And hands. And fingers. And arms. And head.
              Stil better than Collazo. I guess Matthysse has much more money than Collazo. Collazo lives in NYC, life in NYC is much more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                Lucas had a overall solid career and was the definition of a fan friendly fighter.

He should have got the wins over Zab Judah and Devon Alexander but he lost to both in their backyards.

He put on an absolute classic with Ruslan and John Molina. But after the Postol lost he was never the same.

Congrats on retirement. Hopefully he comes back to the boxing world as a trainer or some form of manager.
                I think Garcia ruined him, he always seemed worried about his eye after that fight.

Comment

I wonder if his eye was badly damaged before the Garcia fight. He never looked like he could take a shot since that fight. I wonder if hes been fighting with a detached retina this whole time. When he took shots it wasnt like he was in pain or wobbly it was like his vision would be damaged and he was double thinking continuing.

At any rate he gave us some great fights and was always a gentleman. I'm glad he got his dream and had a belt in his career.

Comment

Working...
                  X