Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Makes Decision To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO the guy NSB over rated more than any other fighter I've discussed on the forum. Regardless he seems to be getting out with his health and coming off a decent payday that should allow him to provide for his family going forward.

Congrats and good luck.

Comment

Lucas had a overall solid career and was the definition of a fan friendly fighter.

He should have got the wins over Zab Judah and Devon Alexander but he lost to both in their backyards.

He put on an absolute classic with Ruslan and John Molina. But after the Postol lost he was never the same.

Congrats on retirement. Hopefully he comes back to the boxing world as a trainer or some form of manager.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
        Sucks that he was chasing Danny Garcia so hard that he passed on the opportunity to fight for the IBF title vs Peterson. That was the ONLY time he beat an actual current title holder and he didn’t even get the belt because he essentially refused it. Lost every other world title match he was ever in, thus retiring without being considered a former world champ.

Lucas gave us some great fights early in his career and I wish him the best.
        mannn isn't that a what-if!? knowing how the IBF gets down, Lucas might have had to vacate to face Danny, in order to not have to fight a mandatory (who in May 2013 would have been Dierry Jean, followed by Amir Khan who was chasing Floyd)

Comment

Lucas Quitthysse got a very nice last paycheck

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
            Lucas Quitthysse got a very nice last paycheck
            Can he live like Maidana in Argentina or does he have to be his limo driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              2.5 million from Pacquiao is probably a good life in Argentina.
              dont forget the extra money he got to take a dive...

Comment

I wish him well, but there's no way he's going to get an office job with all his tattoos.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                  mannn isn't that a what-if!? knowing how the IBF gets down, Lucas might have had to vacate to face Danny, in order to not have to fight a mandatory (who in May 2013 would have been Dierry Jean, followed by Amir Khan who was chasing Floyd)
                  Moral of the story, if you’re fighting vs a world champ then fight for the title. Tomorrow ain’t promised.

Comment

Enjoy retirement champ! La maquina will be fondly remembered for the great fights he was in and will rightfully take his place in boxing heaven for the amount of entertainment he gave the fans

Comment

I say he should have a farewell fight in Argentina, just to get rid of the thought of coming back. Go out in style and live it up, Lucas! I just don't like to see a fighter end his career with a loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X