Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: Wilder is Definitely Going To Happen - Confident I'll Win!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
    Why say that?
    GGG asked for 50 and got 45%.
    I think hes being legit with his stance.
    I wouldnt want to get fuc.ed around the way Hearn and AJ did to him.
    GGG asked for 50 in the second Fight Not the first...Facts Wilder can do the same in the Rematch

Comment

"fast eddie" & the underwearsalesman are a couple of known liars

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        Like i said before, never rooted for them criminal commie Soviet Stalin style till now!

Go PEDvetkin, knock this lying cowardly pu55y stone cold stiff!

The look on Hearns face would be absolutely priceless!
        Why do you hate Wilder like that??

If AJ loses then Wilders career is basically ruined as well, he is only relevant because of Joshua, without AJ the HW division is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          Why do you hate Wilder like that??

If AJ loses then Wilders career is basically ruined as well, he is only relevant because of Joshua, without AJ the HW division is dead.
          If AJ loses Wilder can fight Povetkin, Miller, Ortiz, Kownacki, Usyk, and Gassiev! He won't make the money he could fighting AJ, but AJ don't want that smoke anyway, so no big difference!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Hopefully Wilder signs the contract. Let’s see how Povetkin goes first. The build up would be crazy. Wilder invading the ring face to face WBSS style.
            The "numbers" for AJ and Wilder's next fights are going to be as critical as the outcomes.

If AJ beats Povetkin and makes his usual $20 to $25million doing it, and Wilder picks up his usual $1.5million for beating one of AJ's leftovers, there will be no reason or justification for Wilder to ask for more than $15million to fight AJ and no reason for Hearn to give him any more.

Maybe the publicity Wilder has been getting by talking non-stop about AJ will reflect in better numbers for his next fight. Then he might be justified in asking for more than $15million, but not as things stand now.
            Last edited by kafkod; 07-18-2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I have to say, it's interesting the huge number of people who want Povetkin to knock Joshua out rather than Wilder doing it.

I was slightly concerned to hear Wilder say the same thing when interviewed by Brendan Schaub.

I, for one, would like to see the Wilder Joshua fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                The "numbers" for AJ and Wilder's next fights are going to be as critical as the outcomes.

If AJ beats Povetkin and makes his usual $20 to $25million doing it, and Wilder picks up his usual $1.5million for beating one of AJ's leftovers, there will be no reason or justification for Wilder to ask for more than $15million to fight AJ and no reason for Hearn to give him any more.

Maybe the publicity Wilder has been getting by talking non-stop about AJ will reflect in better numbers for his next fight. Then he might be justified in asking for more than $15million, but not as things stand now.
                Am hoping am right in regards to both teams in cahoot. I really cannot believe anyone in Wilder shoes choosing money over a chance at getting the other 3 belts.

Comment

Anthony Johnson's word means absolutely NOTHING outside of Eddie's World!

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                    "At some point" isn't really a satisfactory timeframe. There's no reason it couldn't have happened in September, and with all this posturing with Miller it probably doesn't happen in April either. For all we know the fight's more than a year away, if it happens at all - this is a dangerous division where a moment's lapse in concentration can result in a shock knockout, moreso than any other. The longer the fight is delayed the more opportunity there is for it to be derailed, and that's not even accounting for Hearn's absolute rabid fixation on having the high hand in all aspects of the negotiation that makes talking to him such a nightmare.
                    Why do people act as if they have never seen negotiations take place like this? When you have the power at the negotiation table, you always use it to your advantage! Just ask Dela Hoya, Floyd, Manny, Cotto, Canelo, Vlad Klits, and now Joshua are the only ones in the past 15 years to have that type of power! This is the position every promoter dream of being in. Hearn is just doing his job just like Arum, Oscar, & King did.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Am hoping am right in regards to both teams in cahoot. I really cannot believe anyone in Wilder shoes choosing money over a chance at getting the other 3 belts.
                      Especially as the money he's already been offered to fight for the other 3 belts is probably more than he's made in his entire career so far!

I'm pretty sure they are in cahoots. It's interesting that the present stand-off only became set in stone after Finkel and Barry Hearn, Eddie's dad, met up for their talk. Those two old rogues go back a long way!

Comment

Working...
                      X