No announcement yet.

honest question for AJ fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    In a two fight deal, having the second fight at home is what matters. Whoever wins the first fight is irrelevant. Whoever wins the second fight has all the leverage in the negotiations for the third fight.

Wilder's offer was 50 million for a one fight deal, no rematch regardless of outcome. That's a ton of money, but if I was advising Joshua, I would have pushed for a two fight deal with the second fight at home so you can make the 50 million and even if you lose, whoever wins the second fight is all that matters anyway and the second fight is at home.
    Can you be any more contradictory ?

Having the fight at home is what matters as YOU stated thats why Joshua WILL in fact do that .

A second fight generates more money and the huge fight helps Wilders slack for a rematch however when Joshua knocks him out guess what ?

As far as your nonsensical logic here having a fight in the U.S makes ZERO sense had it took place this year bc neither have ever been on PPV and a first fight would then open a far larger audience to take advantage of a U.S fight IF they agreed to a 2 fight deal .

Also no one is talking about a third fight , Wilder has difficulties signing the 1st one and your talking about a 3rd one which comes with the assumptions Wilder will win !

How about we just stick to reality as we wait for " Money Dont matter " Wilder to do EXACTLY that ......... stop complaining about Money and SIGN a contract in 2019 bc he WASTED the fans time this year !
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-15-2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
      Same reason he fought klitschko and parker when he did instead of having 40 soft touches like wilder, because joshua is actually good! aka the real deal.
      bing. bang. boom.

/thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        You give up money if you want home court. That's why teams always have one at home and one away. Joshua is comfortable at home so it gives him a better chance at winning. You saying he wants it due to the ref is nothing but a biased assumption on your part.

No matter how many times you say it, I know you're full of **** and will twist everything to suit, so it doesn't matter. Your smears go no further than this forum, so it's a waste of time on your part. But if it makes you feel better (Which it so obviously does) Then feel free to continue making a tit out of yourself.
        That dude is delusional; he actually thinks he is "involved in the business." hahaha it's quite amusing. Nobody really takes him seriously, doe..

Comment

You give up money if you want home court.
          You don't want home court so you can sleep in your own bed. You want home court for refs, judges, etc. Although in this kind of unification fight, it'll likely be sanctioning body judges and you're really only talking about the ref and MAYBE one judge.

Nobody in history has paid 15 million for that before. It's insane. Every major fight in history has gone where the money is. To take 15 million less to pick the ref shows a fear of losing we've never seen from a major star before. Which at least AJ has been honest about.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Can you be any more contradictory ?

Having the fight at home is what matters as YOU stated thats why Joshua WILL in fact do that
            Nobody has ever given up 15 million for home advantage before.

No active heavyweight has ever turned down 50 million before. No heavyweight has ever made 50 million before.

I was asked if I would have advised AJ to take the 50 million, and yes, I would have. But I would have insisted on a two fight deal. Wilder wouldn't have given 50 million PLUS a one way rematch clause. So the compromise I would have pushed for is a two fight deal with 50 million guaranteed in the first fight.

Comment

If you tell us it goes no further than this forum.
              A forum read by the heads of most major commissions...

Nice try though...

Comment

If you're offered less than you already get, then you say so.
                How would you know? You have no knowledge, experience, or insight. You're just guessing.

Comment

I asked you to tell me why Wilder deserves a rematch clause even though it's never been done before in history. Go on, give me your best biased bull****.
                  Who said he deserved one? He already agreed to 50 million no rematch and 15 million one sided rematch. What else could you ask from him?

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    I would have advised him to counter with a two fight deal. Fight one in the US under the terms proposed. Fight two in the UK. 50/50 if Wilder won the first fight, 60/40 if Wilder lost the first fight.

AJ likely makes over 100 million in two fights in that scenario, with a lucrative rubber match on the horizon coming out of it.

AJ can snap an achilles at any moment. Suffer a freak knockout at any moment. It's not his responsibility to be a pawn for the launch of DAZN. He should be fighting a trilogy on US PPV to make as much as possible as quickly as possible.
                    Interesting reply thank you. I think that's a fantastic deal for Team Wilder and they would accept it like a shot, (indeed I think those are the figures Finkel has previously talked about being acceptable to them?) but given the disparity between the two guys in both boxing and financial assets it's a bad deal for AJ.

You are advising your unified champion and division star fighter to give away home advantage, parity on share and commercial control in the final stage of a unification process that his team have been working on for years to a one belt champion with limited commercial pull for a sum less than a third of your guys declared earnings the previous year?

I'm not saying it's a disaster. It would certainly see both fighters wealthy men after the two fights, but there's a far better path available to AJ and following it has little to do with fear of losing. I've got to get on now but I'll try and post an alternative approach later because I think AJ can do a lot better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holler View Post
                      Interesting reply thank you. I think that's a fantastic deal for Team Wilder and they would accept it like a shot, (indeed I think those are the figures Finkel has previously talked about being acceptable to them?) but given the disparity between the two guys in both boxing and financial assets it's a bad deal for AJ.
                      Only a "fantastic" deal for Wilder if his team is proven correct about the fight being worth so much more in the US than in the UK. Remember, Hearn claims this is only a $40 million fight in the UK and $45 million in the US, maybeeeee $50 million. So if Hearn is telling the truth, that would mean Wilder is fighting for free in the first fight so AJ can get his $50 million.

You are advising your unified champion and division star fighter to give away home advantage
                      Like every other non-American star before him. Are you saying Lennox Lewis shouldn't have come to America? Manny Pacquiao shouldn't have come to America? Canelo shouldn't fight in America? All those fighters were getting bad advice by coming here and making a bajillion dollars?

parity on share and commercial control in the final stage of a unification process that his team have been working on for years to a one belt champion with limited commercial pull for a sum less than a third of your guys declared earnings the previous year?
                      They spent 8 months discussing a two fight deal. It was only in the end that Hearn swerved them. If there was going to be a two fight deal, it's smarter for the A-side to have the second fight at home. That's the fight that determines the leverage for a potential rubber match.

You can talk all you want about Hearn's master plan, but his plan is what's best for him, not necessarily what's best for AJ. Telling a fighter to take 25 million to fight at home instead of 50 million to fight abroad is horrible advice.

I'm not saying it's a disaster. It would certainly see both fighters wealthy men after the two fights, but there's a far better path available to AJ and following it has little to do with fear of losing. I've got to get on now but I'll try and post an alternative approach later because I think AJ can do a lot better.
                      AJ can do better if he keeps winning, but at heavyweight, that is a serious risk for every fighter. This was a scenario that assured several insane paydays, even if he lost the first fight. AJ vs. Wilder is the fight the public wanted and easily could have been a trilogy that made AJ 150-200 million. Where is he going to make that in 3 fights? Why should his career be based on what's best for the launch of DAZN instead of what puts the most money in his pocket?

Comment

Working...
                      X