Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder on Team Joshua: I'm Sorry Guys, They Played Us All!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
    Maybe that is all Finkel and Hearn want in order to draw more people into the fight when the time comes.
    Maybe, but it seems so unnecessary. It's a HW unification fight, between two unbeaten champs across the pond from each other. The fight is pretty hot right now. I think they are more disappointing and angering fans than intriguing them.

Comment

• All you clown had to do was sign the contract
      and you have gotten a shot at multiple titles.
      Instead, you wanted huge money thinking you will lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I'm just presenting facts.

Facts are that Deontay had a contract for weeks and didn't sign. I'd like to know why.

You have your feelings, and that's great. But they're just feelings because you have a small man syndrome, an inferiority complex towards Hearn.

I like both Wilder and Joshua, and have criticized both on many occasions. and praised.

And that's the difference between a fan (me) and a fanboy (you).
        Jeez you're just as stupid in NSB as you are in the Lounge.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
          I guess the only thing that we know to be true, is that we don't know the truth. Both sides are crying foul against each other. It's a shame, really.
          Right, but one side's story makes sense and the other doesn't.

Hearn is saying April 2019 as the date, even though purse bids haven't been called for Povetkin yet, let alone actually occurred.

Hearn is saying the Povetkin fight is definitely next, even though purse bids haven't been called for Povetkin yet, let alone actually occurred.

There is still time for the fight to be signed this week for the fight to happen NEXT, all that has to happen is Hearn saying yes to the fight being next. But he never wanted the fight to be next and this whole dog and pony show was done to trick AJ fans into believing Hearn wanted the fight next even though he actually didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            the fight having more appeal doesnt benefit wilder if he was dumb enough to sign the old flat fee from before the fight was bigger.

your exact scenario is the greatest reason he shouldnt sign that far in advance for april. if the fight is going to have more appeal, his purse should be increased to reflect that value.
            True, good point, forgot about that. Hearn back to being a weasel for me-LOL!!!

Comment

Right, but one side's story makes sense and the other doesn't.

Hearn is saying April 2019 as the date, even though purse bids haven't been called for Povetkin yet, let alone actually occurred.

Hearn is saying the Povetkin fight is definitely next, even though purse bids haven't been called for Povetkin yet, let alone actually occurred.

There is still time for the fight to be signed this week for the fight to happen NEXT, all that has to happen is Hearn saying yes to the fight being next. But he never wanted the fight to be next and this whole dog and pony show was done to trick AJ fans into believing Hearn wanted the fight next even though he actually didn't.
              I'm not sure about that. If Wilder's people had issues with the date and venue being left blank on the contract, I think they would have been all over Hearn and social media about it. Instead, Finkle referred to "a couple of small issues" that they'd address, and then they'd sign. Now that the fight's off, they're raising hell after the fact. It's all very curious.

Comment

I'm not sure about that. If Wilder's people had issues with the date and venue being left blank on the contract, I think they would have been all over Hearn and social media about it. Instead, Finkle referred to "a couple of small issues" that they'd address, and then they'd sign. Now that the fight's off, they're raising hell after the fact. It's all very curious.
                It's not curious at all. When you think a fight can be made, you shut the **** up. Until Wilder's team knew for sure the fight wouldn't be next, there'd be no reason to raise hell and risk alienating the other side. There is a lot of ego in these kinds of negotiations and people stay quiet when progress is being made.

Hearn was telling them "I'll get you the date this week." So they downplayed things publicly while they waited for the date as they were hopeful the fight was on the verge of being signed. It was only after Hearn emailed Finkel to say the date would actually be April that Wilder's side went ballistic.

Comment

It's not curious at all. When you think a fight can be made, you shut the **** up. Until Wilder's team knew for sure the fight wouldn't be next, there'd be no reason to raise hell and risk alienating the other side. There is a lot of ego in these kinds of negotiations and people stay quiet when progress is being made.

Hearn was telling them "I'll get you the date this week." So they downplayed things publicly while they waited for the date as they were hopeful the fight was on the verge of being signed. It was only after Hearn emailed Finkel to say the date would actually be April that Wilder's side went ballistic.
                  Things didn't change until after Wilder's people delayed signing, although they said they would sign within a few days. Also, the 2019 announcement wasn't made until after the WBA mandated a deal be made to fight Povetkin within 24 hours.

Comment

Things didn't change until after Wilder's people delayed signing, although they said they would sign within a few days.
                    I understand that's how Hearn has portrayed things to you, the fan. I'm telling you as somebody that does this for a living that Wilder couldn't sign until the deal guaranteed the fight would be next. Hearn never ever sent a contract that would have guaranteed the fight would be next. That's why Wilder couldn't sign.

Also, the 2019 announcement wasn't made until after the WBA mandated a deal be made to fight Povetkin within 24 hours.
                    I understand that's how Hearn has portrayed things to you, the fan. I'm telling you as somebody that does this for a living that the WBA mandate was meaningless. Because if the 24 hour deadline passed, the WBA would then order a purse bid two weeks later and in the WBA, AJ vs. Wilder would have time to be signed until the purse bid took place. It's only in the IBF that the purse bid being ordered means you can no longer use a unification to trump the mandatory.

I don't expect fans to understand the intricacies of sanctioning body rules and Hearn doesn't expect fans to understand either. Which is why he knew he could trick fans by hiding behind that meaningless WBA deadline.

Comment

I understand that's how Hearn has portrayed things to you, the fan. I'm telling you as somebody that does this for a living that Wilder couldn't sign until the deal guaranteed the fight would be next. Hearn never ever sent a contract that would have guaranteed the fight would be next. That's why Wilder couldn't sign.

I understand that's how Hearn has portrayed things to you, the fan. I'm telling you as somebody that does this for a living that the WBA mandate was meaningless. Because if the 24 hour deadline passed, the WBA would then order a purse bid two weeks later and in the WBA, AJ vs. Wilder would have time to be signed until the purse bid took place. It's only in the IBF that the purse bid being ordered means you can no longer use a unification to trump the mandatory.

I don't expect fans to understand the intricacies of sanctioning body rules and Hearn doesn't expect fans to understand either. Which is why he knew he could trick fans by hiding behind that meaningless WBA deadline.
                      Well, if you do this for a living, Wilder had you fooled too. He just changed his story about why he didn't sign.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=786150

Comment

Working...
                      X