Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Wanted One-Way Rematch Clause, to Pick Officials

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Wanted One-Way Rematch Clause, to Pick Officials

Deontay Wilder and his team had several problems with the most recent contract promoter Eddie Hearn sent them for a proposed heavyweight showdown with Anthony Joshua. Their primary problem was that there was only a rematch clause in the contract in the event Joshua lost. If Wilder would've won, he would've had to fight Joshua again in an immediate rematch. If Wilder would've lost, Joshua wouldn't have been contractually obligated to a rematch with him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why would the B side get a rematch clause? When has that ever happened?

Comment

The side B argument went out the window once Joshua rejected Wilder's fifty million dollar guarantee (as Joshua was not the fighter bringing the big money to the fight). And as Wilder is an undefeated champion the contract must have a rematch clause either way. For Wilder to sign the contract without a cause granting him an instant rematch if he lost would be tantamount to saying that he was not a champion - that he did not hold a title. Hearn wrote a contract that Wilder had to reject, so don't be surprised that he did.

Comment

He makes some interesting points. Wilder isn't as known as Joshua, but he's still in the top 2 or 3 known heavies in the division right now. This would be a great 2 fight series (unlike a Parker/Joshua), so I don't quite understand the hesitation not to have rematch clauses for both. More motivation for Wilder to win the first one. He sounds like he'd love to fight him twice. Initially I thought Joshua wins easily. But having your handlers avoid a guy essentially saying you're not prepared yet could work against Joshua mentally when the time rolls around.

Comment

If I was wilder i wouldn't even be chasing that coward anymore....what has aj done to make all the decisions? He beat a fkn old klitschko where he nearly got knocked out and thinks he's mike tyson now lol....in every fight he looks gassed out slow and robotic...bum ass fighter...i know wilder isn't much better but at least the dude wants to fight....aj is the biggest fraud i swear...well time to move on these dude's are getting boring..wilder should just give up chasing that bum

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            Why would the B side get a rematch clause? When has that ever happened?

Reminds me of the Canelo-Golovkin deal.

Canelo had a rematch clause if he lost, Golovkin didn't have a rematch clause if he lost.

Lucky for us, the fight was made anyway.

Comment

He doesn’t deserve a 50/50 split(good on him if he gets it)
              Buts he’s right about the rematch clause... they should both have one or neither gets one... BBoC will have control of the ref/judges... not Joshua not wilder....but it seems like all foreign fighters that travel to the uk seem to have an issue with this

Comment

Hearn is too rich and holds too many cards, you have to enter the ring with a ball and chain to fight one of his guys

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
                  If I was wilder i wouldn't even be chasing that coward anymore....what has aj done to make all the decisions? He beat a fkn old klitschko where he nearly got knocked out and thinks he's mike tyson now lol....in every fight he looks gassed out slow and robotic...bum ass fighter...i know wilder isn't much better but at least the dude wants to fight....aj is the biggest fraud i swear...well time to move on these dude's are getting boring..wilder should just give up chasing that bum
                  All about the Benjamin’s baby!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
                    All about the Benjamin’s baby!!!
                    i know...this **** fight will eventually happen they're just doing the pacquiao/mayweather circus...trying to make it the most sold fight in history..it's getting boring tho..when you think about it...neither has beat anyone solid...king kong and klitschko combine 124 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X