Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Couldn't Let Canelo, GGG Do What Me & Trinidad Did

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Couldn't Let Canelo, GGG Do What Me & Trinidad Did

One of the biggest regrets Oscar De La Hoya has from his career in the ring is that he didn't fight Felix Trinidad again. Not only would De La Hoya have had an opportunity to avenge his controversial loss to Trinidad, he would've made another enormous sum of money for their rematch. Fans wanted a second bout between them, but Trinidad eventually moved up to middleweight and was battered by Bernard Hopkins in their September 2001 fight at Madison Square Garden.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Anyone with a brain scored Trinidad/ODH 9-3. Trinidad was a bloody mess. His white trunks were red after the fight.

Comment

Oscar, you were a great fighter. As a promoter, you’ve became a little weasel that will do or say anything to promote a fight

Comment

Like I said ,this was all hype. This fight was never not happening. They just needed something to stir up the pot to get the fan bases talking.

Comment

Oscar said he put money from.his pocket to make the fight

Comment

I just read that chickenson has to fight some Ukrainian that is promoted by arum.....anyways GGG should ko Canelo the second time around.

Comment

Once GGG stops the cheating chica, hopefully we never have to hear from or about her again. Maybe coke la hoya can retire down in Costa Rica and run a local coke ring or something, dude is a washed up fruitcake who sticks salad spoons up his ass.

Comment

My my my, speaking of revisionist history; No, it was Oscar's own greed that prevented that rematch from happening. The man wouldn't budge. He offered Felix Trinidad only $8.5 Million for that rematch while he would have pocketed more than $20 Million for the rematch. That's why the fight didn't happen. I can recall Don King at the time telling Bob Arum to put his name on the new contract where his name was signed on the original contract and then they would have had a deal.

Comment

I know Oscar gave the last 3 rds to Trinidad by going on his bycle but he got screwed on that one. I thought he was comfortably ahead in that fight even with given the last 3 rds away.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                    I know Oscar gave the last 3 rds to Trinidad by going on his bycle but he got screwed on that one. I thought he was comfortably ahead in that fight even with given the last 3 rds away.
                    I agree with you totally. Gil Clancy told him to box, Trinidad needed a knockout to win. It was a terrible decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X