Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Byrd: Wilder Can't Take Pressure, Almost Lost To Old Man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha look who's talking

Comment

Facts Ortiz never put wilder down to say he nearly beat him. On the other hand aj was put down. People can say wilder was OUT ON HIS FEET all day. Buttttt aj wasn’t on his feet at all. Y’all give wilder hell but praise aj for what? If u ask me Ortiz was more a active fighter out of him and wlad. Just because wlad took how long of a layoff before he took on aj? And he still managed to put aj on his ass. To be honest if wlad had fought aj months after tyson he would be reigning champ right now and not aj.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Everyone inside boxing circles know Ortiz is an old man >45.
        Know or assume?

Comment

Originally posted by pugil1st View Post
          The Klitschkos are pressure fighters?? I guess I don't know what pressure is then.
          You actually don't or has never seen them fight. Their dominance in the ring is legendary.

Comment

''almost lost to an old man....''

he lost a rd. these fncking over exaggerators, doe

Comment

who did ortiz beat to make him the most feared man in Hw, the guy was overrated..Dwhyte fighting parker makes sense than going for second mando against ortiz

Comment

Pretty much agree with most of what Byrd said. Wilder likes to be set to punch and is at his most dangerous when he can stand his ground and get leverage on his shots. If Joshua keeps him backing up he'll minimise the threat to some degree and it will give Joshua opportunities to get to Wilder as Wilder's awful footwork often sees him look off balance and disorganised when forced to move. But of course such a strategy comes with the risk of walking into a shot.

But Joshua isn't a pressure fighter. While he's good on the inside for a big man he prefers to sit back and counter, he's methodical when he needs to sometimes be a seek and destroy type fighter, it's what almost cost him vs Wlad. He tried to box and counter him and got caught on the outside because he all to often just stands there doing nothing and that's why Wilder has a chance.

Byrd wouldn't of never beaten Joshua but I agree Joshua would of been an easier style for him. Joshua is more willing to fight in close where Byrd can get a chance to land, while Wilder is more tentative and cautious of being countered so won't give Byrd as many opportunities to land as Joshua would.

Comment

Say what you will about Byrd but on a strategy level he has to know his shyt. He beat a lot of hard hitting heavies with a jab & footwork which is a big accomplishment considering he hit like bantamweight.

I think he's right *AND* he's right about wanting to fight AJ instead cause even tho Wilder is beatable (like any man) ........... AJ is more beatable.

Comment

Almost doesnt count when you end up knocked out on the canvis.

Comment

As much I respect Chris Byrd, I have to strongly disagree with him. As long as Luis Ortiz was boxing he was controlling the pace and distance by neutralizing Wilder's jab and beating him to the punch at will.

However, the very moment Ortiz decided to turn the bout into a firefight after getting dropped in the fifth he was in trouble. It was grave mistake on his part and of his own undoing.

Why? It's because nobody in the heavyweight division can match Deontay Wilder's firepower and that's including Anthony Joshua.

One has to stick and move against Wilder because he is slugger. Pressuring, trading and standing flat-footed in front of him is a recipe for disaster because the man is a dangerous puncher.

Comment

Working...
                      X