No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Agrees Two-Fight Joshua Deal, Per Reports

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
    I'm curious to the meaning of a two fight deal. Does that mean he would face someone like Whyte first in the UK? Or does that mean they are already working out the details should it necessitate a rematch?
    Edit - I think it is about the rematch which I cannot believe they are talking about already because what if it is one sided, for example? But be that as it may, this means that Joshua vs Wilder is next. Props to both sides if the fight is next.
    It doesn't matter who wins , a rematch is for both guys to fight in the U.S bc Joshua wants to also increase his profile and the rematch will be way bigger in terms of money ..

The U.S rematch is to entice Wilder and give him home field advantage even when he loses ... and he WILL lose this fight ....TWICE should it become official .

Team Joshua still has to look over their contract that Wilder sent and agree otherwise its just Wilder grand standing behavior as usual .

Until Hearn confirms a fight the forum can go WILD all it wants bc Wilder isnt exactly known for making fights actually happen and in his mind everyone is afraid of him . lol

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      Does a two fight deal mean the IBF will strip the winner for not fighting the mandatory?
      And put 5 star travel and one of the biggest sanctioning fees they can get in danger? I think not. No one wants to be off that gravy train.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        It doesn't matter who wins , a rematch is for both guys to fight in the U.S bc Joshua wants to also increase his profile and the rematch will be way bigger in terms of money ..

The U.S rematch is to entice Wilder and give him home field advantage even when he loses ... and he WILL lose this fight ....TWICE should it become official .

Team Joshua still has to look over their contract that Wilder sent and agree otherwise its just Wilder grand standing behavior as usual .

Until Hearn confirms a fight the forum can go WILD all it wants bc Wilder isnt exactly known for making fights actually happen and in his mind everyone is afraid of him . lol
        I just had this conversation over Crawford vs Horn where I said it is pointless to rematch a one sided fight. Trust me to talk about a rematch right now is like talking about the judges in that they might not be needed either, if the fight doesn't go the distance. If the fight doesn't happen I think we know which side has more to gain from postponing it but that's a discussion I've already had.

Comment

• Oh ****!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

First time I see a green whale in my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
              I take Joshua belts and he fans too.

After the fight Imma be King of America, United Kingdom, and The World.
              you are going to be KO’d and sleeping.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                $50million wasn't a flat fee, it was a minimum guarantee, with 50% revenue split. 12.5 was a flat fee with no revenue split.
                Ok that’s different, if it’s the minimum.

Do you have a source?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Ok that’s different, if it’s the minimum.

Do you have a source?
                  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/deontay-wilders-team-makes-50-million-offer-to-anthony-joshua-for-2018-super-fight/amp/

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Who don't want this fight? Look at the damn comments.

Even after Wilder says he's agreed to the terms being offered, Wilder fans are still saying "duh which excuse will he come up with now derp"
                    I'm surprised you're still trying to talk sense to those idiots. I gave it up as a lost cause weeks ago. Most of them are having so much fun hiding behind their keyboards talking **** about Hearn, AJ, cowardly Brits, etc, that they don't even want the fight to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
                      I just had this conversation over Crawford vs Horn where I said it is pointless to rematch a one sided fight. Trust me to talk about a rematch right now is like talking about the judges in that they might not be needed either, if the fight doesn't go the distance. If the fight doesn't happen I think we know which side has more to gain from postponing it but that's a discussion I've already had.
                      Rematch clauses with terms agreed before the first fight are not exactly unheard of in boxing doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X