No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Finally Returns, Looks Rusty in Stopping Seferi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
    Wow, Pandas, you actually give Fury a shot at being champ again?
    Yes. I believe if he gets to around ~75% of the guy who beat Klitschko he can give Joshua & Wilder all they can handle if not beat them. And I had him pegged at about 30% this weekend so I agree he's gonna need to get better & I think he will. How much better is my main question.

If he regains the form he had vs Klitschko he plows through the HW division like a hot knife through butter. The former is possible as I see it Fury is only 29, 30 still. Plenty of time to figure sh^t out again. The latter is longer shot admittedly.

He couldn't even a drop lousy, much shorter, CW Seferi in his stacked "comeback" fight. Amazing.
    Fury isn't the wam bam thank you maam type so idk why this matters. And Fury was the most out of shape & the most rusty he's ever been & I don't think he took the fight all that serious to begin with. One of Fury's long standing bad habits is he fights to the level of his competition. Nothing has changed with that with his time off as I see it.

I mean, consider Mike Tyson in his comeback fight vs McNeeley, after 50 months away from the ring. Before Peter's manager jumped in the ring, causing Mills Lane to DQ him, Mike was absolutely destroying him.
    Are you really comparing the most destructive HW of our times vs the most guy who put on a boxing clinic vs a 10 year HW champion who's not known for his one punch KO's? Why would you compare them like there is anything to take away from this comparison when their fighting styles are so different?

Fury's not going far, trust me.
    I trust what I see more than what other say. And I see Fury as the most skilled HW by a mile when he's in shape & taking his opponent seriously. I don't take this one fight as meaning THAT much. Tyson is notorious for looking ho hum or even bad vs low level guys in nothing fights. He's a cat who knows he's capable of big things & has bigger things come to him now I suspect we shall see a more serious Tyson. If not then you might be right, but I would bet Fury gets further than most think off of this fight.

Worse case I think Fury gets a deserved title shot after beating a top ten caliber guy that he loses cuz its too much too soon perhaps. Thats about the worse case situation I see for Fury.

Comment

• No way to accurately assess fury, opponent was never a threat

Comment

• Bum ass fight, complete joke. Other than losing at least another stone of fat, he needs to sharpen them skills big time if he wants to face the best.

Sadly, think it might be over for Fury

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Yes. I believe if he gets to around ~75% of the guy who beat Klitschko he can give Joshua & Wilder all they can handle if not beat them. And I had him pegged at about 30% this weekend so I agree he's gonna need to get better & I think he will. How much better is my main question.

If he regains the form he had vs Klitschko he plows through the HW division like a hot knife through butter. The former is possible as I see it Fury is only 29, 30 still. Plenty of time to figure sh^t out again. The latter is longer shot admittedly.

Fury isn't the wam bam thank you maam type so idk why this matters. And Fury was the most out of shape & the most rusty he's ever been & I don't think he took the fight all that serious to begin with. One of Fury's long standing bad habits is he fights to the level of his competition. Nothing has changed with that with his time off as I see it.

Are you really comparing the most destructive HW of our times vs the most guy who put on a boxing clinic vs a 10 year HW champion who's not known for his one punch KO's? Why would you compare them like there is anything to take away from this comparison when their fighting styles are so different?

I trust what I see more than what other say. And I see Fury as the most skilled HW by a mile when he's in shape & taking his opponent seriously. I don't take this one fight as meaning THAT much. Tyson is notorious for looking ho hum or even bad vs low level guys in nothing fights. He's a cat who knows he's capable of big things & has bigger things come to him now I suspect we shall see a more serious Tyson. If not then you might be right, but I would bet Fury gets further than most think off of this fight.

Worse case I think Fury gets a deserved title shot after beating a top ten caliber guy that he loses cuz its too much too soon perhaps. Thats about the worse case situation I see for Fury.
            Frankly, I'm simply amazed that you give Tyson Fury a chance at taking over the division. The only things that he has going for him are his enormous size and good hand speed. You're telling me that a weak-punching, awkward, drug & alcohol abusing, over-weight, mentally disturbed man can be the top HW boxer of the world. For him to do that, he'd have to somehow be super-human despite his weaknesses, and the likes of Joshua, Wilder and even Ortiz would have to be absolute trash.

Comment

Frankly, I'm simply amazed that you give Tyson Fury a chance at taking over the division.
              Well in fairness he already did it once. And its not like he got beat. He f#cked up his own party.

The only things that he has going for him are his enormous size and good hand speed. You're telling me that a weak-punching, awkward, drug & alcohol abusing, over-weight, mentally disturbed man can be the top HW boxer of the world.
              I think he's the most talented pure boxer at HW. He's better than Ortiz although some may disagree with me there, but he does have a ton of physical advantages on top of that talented boxing pedigree. Joshua is garbage compared to Fury. He's up & down basic, but tough & strong. Wilder fights like the mean girl in grade school with the crazy sh^t he's doing half the time. Fury would make Wilder look ******ed out there. Probably have Wilder breaking his record for random events of falling down without a punch landed for him.

For him to do that, he'd have to somehow be super-human despite his weaknesses, and the likes of Joshua, Wilder and even Ortiz would have to be absolute trash.
              Again the man beat a guy who'd likely have beaten Wilder if they fought & had Joshua dead to rites but because Klitschko is risk averse to a fault he didn't take Joshua out like 90% of other top HW's who had Joshua that hurt would have. And he beat that guy like it was f#cking nothing. If anything close to that guy shows up in the ring again Joshua & Wilder are losing to a Homer Simpson looking like mentally ill giant mfer who uppercuts himself in the head yes they will lmfao.

I don't even see how one can argue either have much of a shot vs Fury's potential. We've seen Fury's potential & its 7x better than anything we've seen from Joshua & Wilder. Wilder was life & death with 52 year old Ortiz & Joshua was life & death with an inactive 40 something year old Klitschko.

Why you have such confidence in Wilder & Joshua showing us something they never have vs the guy who yes is going through some sh^t & isn't quite there yet who'd expect him to be after 30 odd months out of the ring, who has shown us excellence (if boring excellence not unlike Floyd to many fans) before. I'll bet on the guy who's shown me a higher level not that long ago vs the guys who've been life & death with equal or lesser guys & never shown me anything as impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Well in fairness he already did it once. And its not like he got beat. He f#cked up his own party.

I think he's the most talented pure boxer at HW. He's better than Ortiz although some may disagree with me there, but he does have a ton of physical advantages on top of that talented boxing pedigree. Joshua is garbage compared to Fury. He's up & down basic, but tough & strong. Wilder fights like the mean girl in grade school with the crazy sh^t he's doing half the time. Fury would make Wilder look ******ed out there. Probably have Wilder breaking his record for random events of falling down without a punch landed for him.

Again the man beat a guy who'd likely have beaten Wilder if they fought & had Joshua dead to rites but because Klitschko is risk averse to a fault he didn't take Joshua out like 90% of other top HW's who had Joshua that hurt would have. And he beat that guy like it was f#cking nothing. If anything close to that guy shows up in the ring again Joshua & Wilder are losing to a Homer Simpson looking like mentally ill giant mfer who uppercuts himself in the head yes they will lmfao.

I don't even see how one can argue either have much of a shot vs Fury's potential. We've seen Fury's potential & its 7x better than anything we've seen from Joshua & Wilder. Wilder was life & death with 52 year old Ortiz & Joshua was life & death with an inactive 40 something year old Klitschko.

Why you have such confidence in Wilder & Joshua showing us something they never have vs the guy who yes is going through some sh^t & isn't quite there yet who'd expect him to be after 30 odd months out of the ring, who has shown us excellence (if boring excellence not unlike Floyd to many fans) before. I'll bet on the guy who's shown me a higher level not that long ago vs the guys who've been life & death with equal or lesser guys & never shown me anything as impressive.
                You should watch Wlad vs AJ again. After Wlad dropped him, I was impressed at how AJ ducked his big shots to avoid being finished. Wlad was swinging for the fences! If Klitschko had fought Fury the way he fought Joshua, we wouldn't be discussing this. You give Fury all of this credit for outpointing Wladimir in the most boring HW fight ever. You've already admitted that Fury is not a KO artist. Do you think neither Joshua nor Wilder would take the risk and go for the KO, knowing the same heat won't be coming back at them? I'll agree that Tyson is better skilled than Wilder, but I've also seen that Fury can go down. This gives Wilder that puncher's chance. I don't like the guy, but he can bang.

Comment

You should watch Wlad vs AJ again. After Wlad dropped him, I was impressed at how AJ ducked his big shots to avoid being finished. Wlad was swinging for the fences! If Klitschko had fought Fury the way he fought Joshua, we wouldn't be discussing this. You give Fury all of this credit for outpointing Wladimir in the most boring HW fight ever. You've already admitted that Fury is not a KO artist. Do you think neither Joshua nor Wilder would take the risk and go for the KO, knowing the same heat won't be coming back at them? I'll agree that Tyson is better skilled than Wilder, but I've also seen that Fury can go down. This gives Wilder that puncher's chance. I don't like the guy, but he can bang.

Wlad couldn't fight Fury that way because Fury's movement and speed had him confused and lost 90% of the time, and when he did want to let his hands go, Fury's sledgehammer jab was there to stop him, and his feints kept him guessing.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Wlad couldn't fight Fury that way because Fury's movement and speed had him confused and lost 90% of the time, and when he did want to let his hands go, Fury's sledgehammer jab was there to stop him, and his feints kept him guessing.

Honestly, I think some of that may be true. But I think what really messed Wlad up, was that he had never fought anyone who is actually bigger, taller and longer than he is.

Comment

Honestly, I think some of that may be true. But I think what really messed Wlad up, was that he had never fought anyone who is actually bigger, taller and longer than he is.
                      I don't buy that, because of his experience.

I would buy it if we were talking about a guy with 19 fights, but despite not fighting anyone exactly with Furys build, he still had defended his titles for over a decade. You don't get to that point without being a talented fighter, a disciplined fighter, and a fighter with high ring IQ. He had more than enough experience and ability to, if he could figure him out, or reach him consistently, make it more interesting, but he was completely shut down.

What can you do? I felt Clottey could have really worked Pacquiao but he stayed in his shell all night, credit to Pacquiao, but I understand the frustration of seeing a guy you think has it, can do it, but won't, and/or can't and you see the fighters limit in one area and it be his demise. That's why the rematch was compelling, but now not as much, there is less at stake.

Either way, Fury is officially back, and I believe he's going to be more in shape every fight and really when he's at his top, I really think he's unbeatable.

Comment

Working...
                      X