Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder fought Ortiz for 2million but wouldn't fight AJ for 15m??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aj could make more fighting Wilder then when he fought Parker or any other fighter. So AJ is clearly scared if we gonna follow your logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      The $100m value is made up in the media, not anywhere else.
      AJ being presented with 50 million proves it wasn't a made up value.

I agree. In my mind it should be where the fighters get paid most. AJ will lower his purse to get it in the UK. That’s up to himself, but he’ll need to match whatever Wilder could make if the fight was in the U.S in order for it to be fair.
      Wilder isn't even asking him to match that. Wilder is asking for 60/40 in the UK, which is fair considering the fight will generate so much less in the UK and AJ is the one that wants it there.

What did Showtime pay as a license fee for Wilder vs. King Kong? Why are you ducking that question?

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        AJ being presented with 50 million proves it wasn't a made up value.

Wilder isn't even asking him to match that. Wilder is asking for 60/40 in the UK, which is fair considering the fight will generate so much less in the UK and AJ is the one that wants it there.

What did Showtime pay as a license fee for Wilder vs. King Kong? Why are you ducking that question?
        Absolutely not. But AJ getting 50 mil doesn't mean Wilder also gets 50 mil.

Yeah and I'm sure he'll get the 40% probably. And then what are you going to say then?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Yeah and I'm sure he'll get the 40% probably. And then what are you going to say then?
          If Wilder is offered 40% in the UK, he'll take it and we'll have a fight. And I'll say may the best man win.

But why are you still refusing to acknowledge that you claimed to know what the license fee was for Wilder vs King Kong that Showtime paid and now you refuse to say what it was?

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            Ray, try to be reasonable. If the fight is worth 100 million, and Wilder's side is so convinced it's worth 100 million that they guaranteed AJ 50 million, don't you think 12.5 million to Wilder is a terrible offer? Parker got 33% vs. AJ. Wilder is far more well known than Parker, has the most valuable belt and brings the most valuable market to the table.

Yet Wilder should have accepted an 88.5/12.5 split?
            If I think it’s a 100million fight then of course it’s a terrible offer. Am looking at it from the point of what he has made before in his career, and the time the fight is happening. Relatively low build up, happening in the U.K. with the PPV etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
              Wilder only option is to fight the A-side in the uk and when the A-side knocks wilder clean out are you still going to call him a coward ? Btw. Spilka,washington,duhaupas are such brave choices for wilder to fight yes lol....twat lol
              Slow boring robot couldn’t even knock Takam or Parker out he need the ref to step in for Takam. So I know he not going to knockout Wilder.

Spilka,washington,duhaupas are such brave choices for wilder to fight yes lol

What does this even mean ******? Get an education!

Comment

• joshua is turning into the new golovkin, just sick of these back and forth threads, the fight is being negotiated and we will all know shortly and then the blame game really can start!!!! the fight is either next fight or sometime next year after joshua has made another 40 - 50 mil or so, we will just have to wait to see which

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  If I think it’s a 100million fight then of course it’s a terrible offer. Am looking at it from the point of what he has made before in his career, and the time the fight is happening. Relatively low build up, happening in the U.K. with the PPV etc.
                  Am looking at it from the point of what he has made before in his career, and the time the fight is happening.

This is irrelevant and ****** no fighter starts off making 20+million. Loma hasn’t earned over 3-4million a fight, so does that mean he wouldn’t deserve 15-20 million if a super fight with Pacquio came around? Of course it’s a 100 million dollar fight. If Dibella Haymon Finkel say its a 100M dollar fight then it is. They are more established and experienced in boxing than Hearn. Only thing he’s known for is AJ
                  Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 06-11-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    Am looking at it from the point of what he has made before in his career, and the time the fight is happening.

This is irrelevant and ****** no fighter starts off making 20+million. Loma hasn’t earned over 3-4million a fight, so does that mean he wouldn’t deserve 15-20 million if a super fight with Pacquio came around? Of course it’s a 100 million dollar fight. If Dibella Haymon Finkel day its a 100M dollar fight then it is. They are more established and experienced in boxing than Hearn. Only thing he’s known for is AJ
                    So yeah the range you mentioned 3-4 to 15-20 is more narrow than the initial offer to Wilder and his usual purse

In order for it to be a 100 million fight they need to do 1million PPV buys in the U.S.

It's funny, because all the Wilder fans tells me Joshua is an unknown in the U.S

Comment

• Do Wilder fans think that a potential 50/50 split (if the fight generates more than $100m), with home advantage, show control, judge control, glove sizes, entrances, etc all in Wilders favour is fair on Joshua?

Forget what he said in the interview. Do you think it's fair when Wilder only earns $2m per fight currently and AJ already earns $25m+ and holds 3 belts to Wilders 1 and has sold 250k tickets in his last 3 fights and being the only proven PPV attraction as well as having a better resume?

Comment

Working...
                      X