Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Worried: Povetkin is Incredibly Risky Fight For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
    I think u might take things too literally, that comment that wilder is not worth a percentage was a tongue in cheek comment more than likely because he just gave parker a percentage last fight!!!! Thats how things go, back and forth until a deal is hammered out. Promoters and fighters say a lot of things.

If wilder is holding out for 40% and that is the actual holdup and nothing else, then id say he will get that, if hearn wont budge past 35% then maybe wilder should go to the uk and ko joshua for that with a rematch in vegas, its all good.
    why is it that aj and hearn can just say things that make no sense and you all make excuses for it? if hearn negotiated a percentage from the get go then the 12.5 nor the 50mil would be of importance. "give me 50 mill and ill sign" and you guys say well no he meant 50 mill and in the uk. then you defend him taking a pay cut to have it in the uk... lol its all good man but gee wiz you guys are something else. this fight will happen after both fighters fight one more opponent, this is what hearn always wanted and its very clear.. hopefully all these excuses and contradictions wont exsist if they both win these next fights. and if you aren't an aj fan who is defending these things then my apology

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      When was Deontay on America’s favourite late night show?

When did he rock up to any event where people were like “ooh Deontay”.

Never. Because people don’t care about him.

I was in Chicago the other day, I swear this is true - I asked the uber driver, a young black male in his 30s if he knew who Deontay wilder was....

To be fair he did know it, but still! Haha
      how exactly does of this matter? u guys act like little girls this is sad to see

Comment

povetkin is a dangerous fighter. another top 5 opponent for joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          why is it that aj and hearn can just say things that make no sense and you all make excuses for it? if hearn negotiated a percentage from the get go then the 12.5 nor the 50mil would be of importance. "give me 50 mill and ill sign" and you guys say well no he meant 50 mill and in the uk. then you defend him taking a pay cut to have it in the uk... lol its all good man but gee wiz you guys are something else. this fight will happen after both fighters fight one more opponent, this is what hearn always wanted and its very clear.. hopefully all these excuses and contradictions wont exsist if they both win these next fights. and if you aren't an aj fan who is defending these things then my apology
          I like both fighters and know that both fighters want to make this fight. You think hearn is saying funny things? How about floyd and his team saying pac didnt deserve a % even when pac was a big ppv star at the time, were u up in arms about that too? How about all the crazy things floyd said in the run up to fights?

I'm a realist. This 50 mil offer is nothing without joshua coming over, wilder cant do that alone in vegas. As for joshua taking a cut to fight in london so what if he makes 10 mil less or whatever it is on the fight, thats not his main focus, going to vegas, he cant win a decision there, he gets his ref, his judges, his everthing, how much is that all worth?? Priceless, remember joshua makes 20 mil fighting anybody in uk. Its just business. Wilder makes 1.5 mil a fight. Thats unfortunate for him.

When the dust settles and we see what the final offer was then we can really argue about it. I think u guys, who seem to think the 12.5 is the final offer are going to be pretty red faced at the end of it all.

I'm pretty sure wilder will get offered 35% and he should bite hearns hand off if he has any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
            It's all about the money, why risk AJ now when there are a few more high paid to take. He's not putting AJ in that ring with Wilder until AJ loses to someone else first. Then the Wilder fight will be his last big payday fight, granted Wilder hasn't lost yet.
            I hope u are wrong about that. Joshua has said over and over he wants wilder and same with wilder. Joshua has said recently wilder needs to be realistic, im not sure what that exactly means, but it sounds like wilder is asking for more than joshua and hearn are currently willing to give.

Considering parker got 30 - 35% (so im told) im presuming wilder will get offered this in the end. Remember they are also arguing about rematch details etc so its taking awhile.

If joshua decides to not offer 30 - 35% to wilder and takes 2 more fights, he makes a lot of money, probably easy money, so im sure its tempting too. At the end of the day its about how much wilder wants the fight, how low will he go, looks like hearn is testing that out. Floyd made an art of doing that, he always got what he wanted in the end, because he knew they made more money fighting him, joshua also knows this.

I hope joshua offers wilder a good percentage, if he doesnt its a duck, simple as that, a duck to make some easy money and fight wilder next year. He will get murdered on it here for doing that, but i think he offers wilder something decent in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
              thats why I thought Wilder should have taken the fight. I like both but I think Povetkin could give both real trouble
              I think there is more at stake when its THE FIGHT to make than "Wilder should have taken the fight" cuz of x reasons. Its a bigger game at that level. But yea Povetkin is among the top guys in the division & even at his age I think he has the potential to beat any guy in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
                Man it would suck if povetkin messed up the big fight

Im hoping the wilder fight is next and hearn is just saying this to pressure wilder into signing
                Things always moving forward brother.

If Joshua loses the "big fight" is gonna be Joshua vs Povetkin II.

If Povetkin wins again, the big fight is Wilder vs Povetkin.

Whoever wins that one will make the big fight them vs Tyson Fury.

It ain't that serious. It would suck whenever the top 2 guys in a division for any respectable length of time like these two have been don't fight doe I do understand that. Its a shame Lewis vs Bowe never happened & its a perverse reality of boxing that that is true.

Comment

how exactly does of this matter? u guys act like little girls this is sad to see
                  We may act like little girls, but we're not little girls. Like you.

Comment

dont waste your time...youre dealing with a guy that swears hes not an aj fanboy/anti wilder guy...yet runs around with an unflattering gif of wilder in his sig...

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
                      I hope u are wrong about that. Joshua has said over and over he wants wilder and same with wilder. Joshua has said recently wilder needs to be realistic, im not sure what that exactly means, but it sounds like wilder is asking for more than joshua and hearn are currently willing to give.

Considering parker got 30 - 35% (so im told) im presuming wilder will get offered this in the end. Remember they are also arguing about rematch details etc so its taking awhile.

If joshua decides to not offer 30 - 35% to wilder and takes 2 more fights, he makes a lot of money, probably easy money, so im sure its tempting too. At the end of the day its about how much wilder wants the fight, how low will he go, looks like hearn is testing that out. Floyd made an art of doing that, he always got what he wanted in the end, because he knew they made more money fighting him, joshua also knows this.

I hope joshua offers wilder a good percentage, if he doesnt its a duck, simple as that, a duck to make some easy money and fight wilder next year. He will get murdered on it here for doing that, but i think he offers wilder something decent in the end.
                      Totally agree!

Comment

Working...
                      X