No announcement yet.

Why so much hostility towards Hearn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so much hostility towards Hearn?

Why are people so desperate for him to fail in his mission to bring interest back into the sport in America? Why so much hostility towards someone who has really increased boxings popularity in the uk?
    Last edited by Prince Madison; 06-03-2018, 05:22 AM.

Because he's a Brit.

Comment

Because they see it as UK v US. The Joshua/Wilder negotiations back and forth is a catalyst for patriotism from the US fans in particular.

Comment

There's a nationalistic aspect to some of the peoples hate. They don't want an outsider coming in a taking over the sport.

But I think it's more than just that, not even the Brits like him that much to be honest, he's seen as bit of a daddies boy who got everything handed to him on a silver platter, though I think that's a bit harsh. Matchroom boxing wasn't all that before he took over.

Also there's a lot of haters in boxing and as the head of Matchroom he represents a lot of boxers people dislike and that dislike is transferred to him. Plus like any boxing promoter, he shouldn't be trusted, he's smarter than most other promoters and controls his image better but occasionally that mask slips and you see he's just as sly and tricky as the next promoter, almost everything he says has a double meaning.

Comment

His smile intimidates most haters.

Comment

I don't think anyone wants te see him fail. They just want to see him back up all his talk. If he can sign good fighters and put on good fights then I'm all for it.

I'm not dishing out 20 bucks a month to watch a bunch of domestic UK fights though. He needs to get guys from all over

Comment

He's British.. and for some.. it's because he's white and British.

Even Joshua's biggest detractors soften when you remind them of his heritage..but Hearn? Nooo white daddies boy.

If people actually did some background research or were interested then they'd see that it was alot of Eddie's work that brought darts back from the dead with the PDC.

He can be a smarmy ****.. but I'm a smarmy **** so I kinda appreciate how he operates and conducts himself .

As for "everyone in the UK hates him" no.. they don't. Alot give him stick as banter..he's a pantomime villain counting the gold in his castle .
              The only people that really don't like Hearn are the scummy.. unintelligent council estate mongoloids that raise Saunders and Fury and Warren onto morality pedestals, ignoring the lawsuits.. racism ..sexism ..drug cheating and general thuggery they've provided but loving to bring up "StubHub" "silver spoon" etc

Comment

It's because wilder joshua he has shown to be a liar.

He is lying about signing fighters.

He is lying about the Danz deal.

In any other business he would be convicted of fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                  It's because wilder joshua he has shown to be a liar.

He is lying about signing fighters.

He is lying about the Danz deal.

In any other business he would be convicted of fraud.
                  Still trying to get the fight made.. you just don't like it being in the UK. That's not a case of them not trying to see it through when wilder said he would fight in the UK. Has wilder or Finkel come out and said the revised offer wasn't worth it? No.

You have no evidence or anything substantial to back that up.. come end of June at the DAZN launch (that's how it's spelt) we'll see. Either you're right it wrong.. I'm guessing very wrong.

He has done absolutely nothing that would constitute an illegal act of fraud. Learn what that actually means in the true sense rather than attributing a veiled definition to your very obvious agenda.

Comment

He isn’t American and Americans are jealous someone outside is making noise. This isn’t something they are accustomed to because historically Americans have always led the way in boxing. Simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                    X