No announcement yet.

Why so much hostility towards Hearn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    first things first....who cares what he pays for certain fights? it doesnt matter...the only problem is it breeds spoiled brat boxers who want want want more and more.....but thats al's problem

and i could agree that not every guy gets the same treatment from al....but he has so many solid names under him that its almost impossible for him to get everyone the same amount of work and exposure...if anyone else had the quality and quantity of guys to get work for they wouldnt be able to pull it off either getting everyone the same amount of exposure and work

there are some guys al is going to have under him that hes using to help build other guys and get them set up....some fighters are going to be used as opponents for his more favored fighters
    In terms of sourcing fights and work etc Ithink that's the closeted nature of promoters not wanting to work or cross paths and networks..PBC were very internal at the beginning.

To that extent.. Hearn really doesn't give a **** about who he works in conjunction with... He's worked with Haymon..gbp..toprank..salita, sauerland and Mayweather etc etc

Ok maybe him and Warren could work more in the UK..but that's more on Warren really .

I see what you're saying..I just don't think you can attribute the closer business model to DAZN and Hearn when he's categorically saying he wants x amount but anyone else under promotion or whatever he is more than happy to work with and pay too

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      In terms of sourcing fights and work etc Ithink that's the closeted nature of promoters not wanting to work or cross paths and networks..PBC were very internal at the beginning.

To that extent.. Hearn really doesn't give a **** about who he works in conjunction with... He's worked with Haymon..gbp..toprank..salita, sauerland and Mayweather etc etc

Ok maybe him and Warren could work more in the UK..but that's more on Warren really .

I see what you're saying..I just don't think you can attribute the closer business model to DAZN and Hearn when he's categorically saying he wants x amount but anyone else under promotion or whatever he is more than happy to work with and pay too
      i really have no issue with hearn other than what i feel is his stalling of AJ/wilder....i could live with the fight being next year....of course id rather have it now...i firmly believe, as most sensible people do, that he is the sole reason right now

other than that i have no issue with him and could really care less what he does...im all for more fights...more quality fights...wherever they come from

Comment

No hostility from me. I like him and think he is good for boxing and will help make good fights happen.He wants to promote American boxers and he is making them good offers.

Comment

Same reason their was hostility towards other boxing figures like Arum, Oscar, Espinoza, Haymon. They’ve all went through a period of being hated by the fans. What makes Hearn so special? There are multiple threads a day attacking American boxing and their fans from UK fans and I never see anyone complaining. So what makes Hearn off limits?

Comment

As for "everyone in the UK hates him" no.. they don't. Alot give him stick as banter..he's a pantomime villain counting the gold in his castle .
            The only people that really don't like Hearn are the scummy.. unintelligent council estate mongoloids that raise Saunders and Fury and Warren onto morality pedestals, ignoring the lawsuits.. racism ..sexism ..drug cheating and general thuggery they've provided but loving to bring up "StubHub" "silver spoon" etc
            You want me to provide you with some comments from UK fans regarding Hearn? They hate him because he’s white? Lol

Comment

I'm trying to figure what Hearn has done for boxing in general. I can't name one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                You want me to provide you with some comments from UK fans regarding Hearn? They hate him because he’s white? Lol
                You know I'm referring to the LDBC in that statement..I can point to a good 5:1 ratio of positive to negative comments for Hearn in the areas that matter to him such as social media . You need only look at the hate Frank warrens getting today and the positivity surrounding Hearn by comparison because of it.

As I said to Mr Perfect .. I don't do black or white I call it as I see it. I suggest you keep arguing with the usual race bait crowd if that's where you're going to take this discussion

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  I'm trying to figure what Hearn has done for boxing in general. I can't name one thing.
                  If you were from the UK.. then you would surely see the huge amount of boxing content that has surfaced in comparison to before his gravitating to topdog here.

Anyone that states he hasn't done anything for a revival of UK boxing is a flat out liar. If you're in the US then his impact has been negligible at best because he simply hasn't made any effort before now to tap into that market.. now he is trying to make positive strides to do it.. and grow a stable and platform that allows fighters to get paid very well for fights people want to see. I can't see why someone would have an issue with this besides them not identifying with him culturally

Comment

Can you link me to where Finkel and wilder said that the revised offer they have received isn't enough? Oh you cant...? Well then..

Until wilder or his team come out and say they aren't happy with the financials given to them for the fight to be in the UK, then it's down to him not wanting to come here..the country of the A-side fighter, as the reason these talks aren't progressing.
                    I'm not convinced that is fair either to be honest though, Hearn has said they are in open dialogue still therefore let's just wait and see what happens before we start accusing either side of holding the negiotiations anymore. It sounded to me from hearns last interview that it was close but might not be the next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                      I'm not convinced that is fair either to be honest though, Hearn has said they are in open dialogue still therefore let's just wait and see what happens before we start accusing either side of holding the negiotiations anymore. It sounded to me from hearns last interview that it was close but might not be the next fight.
                      I think it'll be povetkin with wilder ringside should AJ win.. then the fight will be announced on the contingency of AJ beating povetkin. Much like the whole Molina / Klitschko ringside thing

Comment

Working...
                      X