Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
    He is lying about signing fighters.

He is lying about the Danz deal.

In any other business he would be convicted of fraud.

Where is your evidence that he's lying?

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      He's British.. and for some.. it's because he's white and British.

Even Joshua's biggest detractors soften when you remind them of his heritage..but Hearn? Nooo white daddies boy.

If people actually did some background research or were interested then they'd see that it was alot of Eddie's work that brought darts back from the dead with the PDC.

He can be a smarmy ****.. but I'm a smarmy **** so I kinda appreciate how he operates and conducts himself .

As for "everyone in the UK hates him" no.. they don't. Alot give him stick as banter..he's a pantomime villain counting the gold in his castle .
      The only people that really don't like Hearn are the scummy.. unintelligent council estate mongoloids that raise Saunders and Fury and Warren onto morality pedestals, ignoring the lawsuits.. racism ..sexism ..drug cheating and general thuggery they've provided but loving to bring up "StubHub" "silver spoon" etc
      LOL that last paragraph is amazing but yeah I couldn’t have worded that better myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
        There's a nationalistic aspect to some of the peoples hate. They don't want an outsider coming in a taking over the sport.

But I think it's more than just that, not even the Brits like him that much to be honest, he's seen as bit of a daddies boy who got everything handed to him on a silver platter, though I think that's a bit harsh. Matchroom boxing wasn't all that before he took over.

Also there's a lot of haters in boxing and as the head of Matchroom he represents a lot of boxers people dislike and that dislike is transferred to him. Plus like any boxing promoter, he shouldn't be trusted, he's smarter than most other promoters and controls his image better but occasionally that mask slips and you see he's just as sly and tricky as the next promoter, almost everything he says has a double meaning.
        You took the words right out of my mouth such as silver platter, daddy’s boy etc etc haha

Comment

Because he’s exposed wilder as a coward

He now runs boxing period

Comment

because he's hiding anthony joshua behind dillian whyte and the atlantic ocean

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              Can you link me to where Finkel and wilder said that the revised offer they have received isn't enough? Oh you cant...? Well then..

Until wilder or his team come out and say they aren't happy with the financials given to them for the fight to be in the UK, then it's down to him not wanting to come here..the country of the A-side fighter, as the reason these talks aren't progressing.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i really hope whyte/ortiz happens

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT
                  The demographic are the ones that hate hearn! They see he is a threat to uncle al gaymon. Plus he's white so that also plays into it.
                  why so much hostility towards uncle al gaymon?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    why so much hostility towards uncle al gaymon?
                    Probably the paying too much for **** fights and the underhanded tactics if paying fighters to relinquish their world titles to not fight an opponent.

Quillin anyone?

Look I don't give a damn about black or white and all that ****. We banter but we read eachothers posts even if we disagree. But Al Haymon does not look after and promote everybody well or fairly. Lee Selby and James degale being prime examples

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                      Probably the paying too much for **** fights and the underhanded tactics if paying fighters to relinquish their world titles to not fight an opponent.

Quillin anyone?

Look I don't give a damn about black or white and all that ****. We banter but we read eachothers posts even if we disagree. But Al Haymon does not look after and promote everybody well or fairly. Lee Selby and James degale being prime examples
                      first things first....who cares what he pays for certain fights? it doesnt matter...the only problem is it breeds spoiled brat boxers who want want want more and more.....but thats al's problem

and i could agree that not every guy gets the same treatment from al....but he has so many solid names under him that its almost impossible for him to get everyone the same amount of work and exposure...if anyone else had the quality and quantity of guys to get work for they wouldnt be able to pull it off either getting everyone the same amount of exposure and work

there are some guys al is going to have under him that hes using to help build other guys and get them set up....some fighters are going to be used as opponents for his more favored fighters

Comment

Working...
                      X