Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: If No Canelo - Then Golovkin Has To Face Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All in for GGG- Charlo

Comment

G should take the 35 split KO the PED using punk and then deal with Charlo and then last the IBF

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
        fuc... Suleiman saying something as un-important as the split.
        WTF is wrong with this guy thats the most important thing for a boxer.
        Plus the way hes trying to blackmail GGG into taking this fight is disgusting.
        Maybe ggg should of never said dumb sh.it like, “I’m no businessman, i fight for legacy, I only want the belts, anyone from 154-168” all excuses to just stay at 160 his whole career.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          That Golovkin fight Charlo as his next WBC mando is quite reasonable, what is less clear is where that stands in regards to Golovkin's defense rotation. If the WBC are now saying that Golovkin must either fight Canelo next or fight Charlo next or be stripped one would have thought they should have made that situation clear at an earlier stage (ie. when it became clear that Canelo would be available to fight in September). By taking this step now it appears that they are acting in a way that deliberately and directly impacts on Golovkin's chances of negotiating the best possible deal for himself.

It does appear to me that they are being somewhat partial towards Canelo here, but since their own rules allow them to do basically exactly as they please there probably ain't much Golovkin can do about it. Furthermore given that the IBF are already currently making a decision on whether Golovkin should be obligated to fight his mando for them next (presumably acting under agreement with the WBC that they were next in rotation) one would hope that the WBC take account of their previous arrangements both with the IBF and WBA.

EDIT: Actually the more I think about it the more distasteful this appears by the WBC. They had already agreed to waive their mandatory requirement for this cycle and that the IBF were next in rotation. IMO that was the incorrect decision (i'm big on guys fighting their mandos), but having made that decision to then reverse it at a crucial stage in negotiations (both between the IBF and GGG and between Canelo and GGG) is blatant and unashamed favouritism.
          I somewhat agree with you, but I believe that both the IBF and WBC were very much so aggrieved by the way K2 and GGG handled the replacement fight in May. It was a perfect opportunity to get a mando out of the way and they chose not to. Combine that with GGG asking for a 50-50 split which no one can argue that he deserves, you get a WBC who wants change its image of letting fighters sit on the belt and an IBF who wants to see their mando's get title shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
            GGG team knows Charlo will knock his ass out. All the cab drivers GGG has fought has finally caught up with him.

Only way out is retirement for GGG.
            Charlo has never been hit by someone with GGG's power. He has never faced that level of power. Be careful what you wish for, it might just come true.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofbox View Post
              This is great! GGG has pinned himself in a corner with his ****** mouth. That's what he gets for making idiotic accusations, then bring proved wrong! Now open your mouth and take this pile of crap and eat it. Personally, canelo should NEVER give GGG a rematch. All that does is give GGG an opportunity to make the type of money he could only dream of without canelo.
              Change your user name to "fan of Canelos hairy box" & be done with it.

Comment

The plot thickens!

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                  Maybe ggg should of never said dumb sh.it like, “I’m no businessman, i fight for legacy, I only want the belts, anyone from 154-168” all excuses to just stay at 160 his whole career.
                  when big $$ are involved and its towards the end of a career he would be ****** not to want the money.
                  maybe boxing after all these years have made him a little jaded.
                  i think it would make anybody abit perplexed considering the amount of shady sh.. that happens.

Comment

WBC pressured C who didn't like it and dropped WBC.

Now WBC is pressuring GGG.

Why might that be? It's a honorable organisation after all. So it can't be just for the money. S wouldn't do that. He's not a greedy corrupt pig. We all know that. So I guess there's some point of principal here surely? I just can't figure it right now. Help me out would ya?

Comment

Ggg vs charlo, saunders or jacobs are all good options but won't generate the type of $he can vs canelo. And honestly, based on GGG's style, Canelo is probably the easiest of the bunch, especially since we know for sure he'll be clean this time. Canelo is more popular than he is good, he'd probably lose to all of the afore mentioned fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X