No announcement yet.

Why Golovkin IS Avoiding The Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    You make solid points but 40-45% seems like too much given Canelo is such a huge draw in Texas and Mexico and GBP has O'sullivan, Lemuix and Muniaga they can make money with in the short term. Zurdo at 168 as well.

GGG is in a lose/lose situation IMO. Thats why IMO its best to just shame Canelo in the media/internet and never fight him again. Troll him. Demean him. Humiliate him anyway you can since its obvious he doesn't want to fight.
    Munguia and Zurdo are Mexican, so that would help, but fights aren't PPV in Mexico and I can't see Canelo carrying on as a huge draw in Texas against the likes of Spike and Lemieux. His own fans booed him in the ring for saying he thought he deserved the win against GGG, so I think he has something to prove to them now.
    Last edited by kafkod; 05-29-2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
      Being dishonest by using Glaser's numbers for GGG, but not for Canelo, I see.

The most viewed video on YouTube regarding Canelo only has 4 million views. You'd think that if he really gets than many PPV, there'd be more.

GGG gets 10 million.
      If GGG gets more youtube views then why don't more people buy his PPV's????????

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        A GGG hater agreeing with another GGG hater. What a surprise.
        Am I lying though???

Comment

lol where were all you guys congratulating him for taking the canelo rematch initially? im sure the narrative was that he needs to 'move on' and stop 'chasing a payday' now you are all doing a u turn, this site is ridiculous lol

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
            If you acknowledge that Canelo is more popular than GGG then what are you arguing about? Canelo is clearly the A side and GGG doesn't desereve a 50/50 Split. The bigger star who brings in more revenue = getting the bigger split.

Anyway lets compare their PPV numbers where both of them were the main attractions:
            Canelo:

Khan- 600,000
            Angulo- 350,000
            Lara- 325,000
            Smith- 300,000
            Chavez Jr- 1,000,000
            Cotto- 938,000 (cotto was the A side due to being a legend. Both of them were about equal in terms of popularity at this point)

GGG

Jacobs- 170,000
            Lemieux- 100,000

So please try and explain why GGG deserves a 50/50 Split

How many did Canelo vs Golovkin do? So he grosses more money than every name on there for the event but he doesn't deserve better than 35%. Considering 1. They had a fight scheduled and he's not the one who couldn't fulfill the deal. 2. He had to suppliment the date with a last minute substitute and lost a bunch of money. Not sure what world you live in where it's ok to fck over other people and still try get over on them. He deserved to win the first fight, he was ready to fight the second time, and now he's supposed to take the same amount of money? Really. I also find it hilarious that you are up here defending someone who is currently suspended for using a banned substance and talking about who deserves what.

Comment

How do you know they don't?
              How does PPV work from abroad streaming services, and how do they count those?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Tell me about it! If boxing didn't have PPVs half of these "fans" would have nothing to talk about.

What cracks me up is seeing US fans mocking UK fans because PPVs are cheaper over here.
                I was actually in London during the Mayweather vs McGregor fight, I actually had more pleasant boxing talk at pubs there than I do here. People are more sensible and aren't as fixated on stars but more so the matchups than we are stateside.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  When you take everything into account, it's pretty clear that Triple G is no longer interested in meeting Canelo in the ring.

This was pretty evident by the language used by Golovkin after finding out about the failed tests. He called Canelo a cheat and tried to call his whole career into question. Then, on top of that bad feeling, he is asking for a renegotiation that translates into at least an extra 10 million dollars.

No one should expect an extra 10 million simply because they had to wait a few months for a big payday.

It's not like I am this huge Canelo fan, but I know bullcrap when I see it, and Golovkin is full of it here.

He is looking for a way out.

And BTW, if someone is maintaining they are innocent, saying that the positive test was an accident- and apparently taking the steps to have hair sample testing and entering a 24/7/365 testing program- wouldn't renegotiating an already agreed upon contract be interpreted by some as a tacit admission of wrongdoing?

Golovkin has to know that, given Canelo's position on what happened, HE CAN'T RENEGOTIATE WITHOUT SOME SEEING IT AS KNOWLEDGE OF GUILT.

Again, this is why it has to be Golovkin's fault.

I know some will see different, and that's OK.

Just be sure to back your rebuttals with sound reasoning and facts.
                  Well it's a pretty silly duck. Literally every other potential next fight for GGG isore difficult than the Canelo right minus Murata.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    I was actually in London during the Mayweather vs McGregor fight, I actually had more pleasant boxing talk at pubs there than I do here. People are more sensible and aren't as fixated on stars but more so the matchups than we are stateside.
                    Did you watch the fight in London, or come over for the London press conference?

Comment

Because the YT views are worldwide and the PPV numbers are from America only.

Comment

Working...
                      X