No announcement yet.

Why Golovkin IS Avoiding The Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    When you take everything into account, it's pretty clear that Triple G is no longer interested in meeting Canelo in the ring.

This was pretty evident by the language used by Golovkin after finding out about the failed tests. He called Canelo a cheat and tried to call his whole career into question. Then, on top of that bad feeling, he is asking for a renegotiation that translates into at least an extra 10 million dollars.

No one should expect an extra 10 million simply because they had to wait a few months for a big payday.

It's not like I am this huge Canelo fan, but I know bullcrap when I see it, and Golovkin is full of it here.

He is looking for a way out.

And BTW, if someone is maintaining they are innocent, saying that the positive test was an accident- and apparently taking the steps to have hair sample testing and entering a 24/7/365 testing program- wouldn't renegotiating an already agreed upon contract be interpreted by some as a tacit admission of wrongdoing?

Golovkin has to know that, given Canelo's position on what happened, HE CAN'T RENEGOTIATE WITHOUT SOME SEEING IT AS KNOWLEDGE OF GUILT.

Again, this is why it has to be Golovkin's fault.

I know some will see different, and that's OK.

Just be sure to back your rebuttals with sound reasoning and facts.
    He is not asking for a renegotiation, it is a new agreement. Canelo and his action resulted in the previous agreement being terminated.

He said upfront 50/50. That was not an end point. Loeffler said he was still ready to talk. GBP said no.

Why would Golovkin who signed to fight want a way out. This is one of the most nonsensical things I have read. He clearly wants more, and considering what he believes he already conceded too much. The fact that Canelo unquestionably already fcked up the May fight it is not unreasonable for him to say I deserve more.

Canelo did do something wrong, he caused the May fight to get canceled. Whatever his explanation he fcked up. This remains me of the book Atlas Shrugged where every time someone f'd up and did not produce what they were suppose to they said it is not my fault, I cannot be blamed. Canelo f'd it up, the buck stops with him.

There are repercussions when one fails to deliver on their part of the agreement in subsequent agreements. In this case, yes Canelo should have to give up a little more. He is of course free to walk away but it is more than reasonable to say Golovkin deserves more based on Canelo's failure to meet his obligation.

You also did not provide any evidence why Golovkin would want to get out of this fight. It makes no sense. The guy has been waiting for this fight for years. He has altered his schedule in every way for Canelo. It is his biggest payday bar none. It adds to his legacy more than any fight. Canelo is as clean as he will get. More people will be rooting for GGG this time then the first time. Explain why Golovkin is avoiding the fight or as the clowns want to say "ducking" it.

Comment

Prb 3 reasons: Money split, failed drug tests & Adalaide Byrd style scoring.

The fight will happen, Golden boy will just have to cough up some more cash and have to give in to some of GGG stipulations imo.

Personally I think GGG has every right to ask for more money. The Adalaide Byrd scores, and the failed drug tests have made a shambles of the first fight & leading up to this proposed rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        Again, skew the topic to what suits your agenda best. What is the name of the opponent that garnered him his best selling ppv not named Mayweather? There is a reason for that...but yeah of course he's more popular but even with his level of popularity people aren't going to just pay to see him fight someone they consider inferior. So he needs his opponents just as much as they need him. So again how many ppv's did Cotto, Kirkland, Smith, and khan do and how many ppv's were sold when it was him and Golovkin? So he isn't entitled to more...really..considering one of those three names got the lionshare of money and still sold less ppv's....
        If you acknowledge that Canelo is more popular than GGG then what are you arguing about? Canelo is clearly the A side and GGG doesn't desereve a 50/50 Split. The bigger star who brings in more revenue = getting the bigger split.

Anyway lets compare their PPV numbers where both of them were the main attractions:
        Canelo:

Khan- 600,000
        Angulo- 350,000
        Lara- 325,000
        Smith- 300,000
        Chavez Jr- 1,000,000
        Cotto- 938,000 (cotto was the A side due to being a legend. Both of them were about equal in terms of popularity at this point)

GGG

Jacobs- 170,000
        Lemieux- 100,000

So please try and explain why GGG deserves a 50/50 Split
        Last edited by mcdonalds; 05-29-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I stopped reading at the title

Comment

smdh..anyone who thinks GGG is AVOIDING Canelo is an idiot..neither fighter is scared of the other so lets get that out of the way first. GGG lost out on a lot for that BUSCH League move by Canelo ( Unintentional or Not) makes no difference to me. With that said Canelo needs GGG more then GGG needs Canelo ( Not Financially )...GGG and Canelo fans know he needs to rebuild his image back again ( People think hes a CHEAT and you can't blame them ) so I don't mind GGG and his team asking for more money, now 50-50 is crazy but I don't mind them asking for it either.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Sure, he can recover from the PED test failure by staying in VADA and plugging the tainted meat excuse - which may even be true. But not fighting GGG will put his career in a bad place going forward, imo. Ok, he's young enough to wait out GGG, but not the young guns who are coming along in the MW division behind Golovkin.

BJS is the same age as Canelo, and improving. And who knows how good GGG's 2 mandos, Charlo and Dervy, are going to be? They could turn out to be even bigger monsters than Golovkin!

Then there's the other Charlo, and Hurd, and Munguia, who might all become real threats at 160 soon.

The point I'm making is that Canelo won't be a PPV star for long if he doesn't go after the top guys and world titles in his new division, which is 160.

And he isn't likely to get as much money or respect for fighting any of those other tough guys in the next few years as he would get for fighting GGG now.

If I was Canelo I would bite the bullet and offer GGG 40% or even 45% and get the fight done.
              You make solid points but 40-45% seems like too much given Canelo is such a huge draw in Texas and Mexico and GBP has O'sullivan, Lemuix and Muniaga they can make money with in the short term. Zurdo at 168 as well.

GGG is in a lose/lose situation IMO. Thats why IMO its best to just shame Canelo in the media/internet and never fight him again. Troll him. Demean him. Humiliate him anyway you can since its obvious he doesn't want to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                When you take everything into account, it's pretty clear that Triple G is no longer interested in meeting Canelo in the ring.

This was pretty evident by the language used by Golovkin after finding out about the failed tests. He called Canelo a cheat and tried to call his whole career into question. Then, on top of that bad feeling, he is asking for a renegotiation that translates into at least an extra 10 million dollars.

No one should expect an extra 10 million simply because they had to wait a few months for a big payday.

It's not like I am this huge Canelo fan, but I know bullcrap when I see it, and Golovkin is full of it here.

He is looking for a way out.

And BTW, if someone is maintaining they are innocent, saying that the positive test was an accident- and apparently taking the steps to have hair sample testing and entering a 24/7/365 testing program- wouldn't renegotiating an already agreed upon contract be interpreted by some as a tacit admission of wrongdoing?

Golovkin has to know that, given Canelo's position on what happened, HE CAN'T RENEGOTIATE WITHOUT SOME SEEING IT AS KNOWLEDGE OF GUILT.

Again, this is why it has to be Golovkin's fault.

I know some will see different, and that's OK.

Just be sure to back your rebuttals with sound reasoning and facts.
                Why must one's rebuttal be based on sound reasoning and facts when your statement is unreasonable BS based on your stupid hatred of a good champion? "HE CAN"T RENEGOTIATE WITHOUT SOME SEEING IT AS KNOWLEDGE OF QUILT." How the hell is that GGG's problem and why should he give a damn about that??? GGG wants half and he is tired of taking the short end. Tough **** how giving GGG what he asks for would make Canelo look to some. That has nothing to do with anything. Instead of letting everyone decide for themselves about the situation you start the thread of ridiculous nonsense to try to make everyone believe it's all GGG's fault the rematch won't happen. I have read enough of your past threads and posts to know you are a full time GGG hater and your opinion on anything to do with him is bias and worthless. Asking for a 50/50 split is not saying I don't want to fight you. It's saying I am the champion and I am half the reason this rematch is huge. Pay me what I am worth and we will fight. There is nothing stopping Canelo from giving GGG half or at least more than 35% except selfish greed. If Canelo doesn't make a deal to fight GGG then he will also make a lot less money in his next fight. If the two camps don't come to terms and the rematch doesn't happen next it's nobody's fault. Lots of big fights don't happen because the two sides can't agree on the money split. You should find another reason to try to trash GGG because this one has no merit at all.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Dude these guys are the very same reason I stopped being a Floyd Mayweather fan. They all came rushing to slob on his knob and ate up that B-side bull****. Your ppv sales are only as good as the quality of your opponent when you are the biggest name in the sport. He couldn't get away with fighting Smith nor Kirkland on ppv and that says plenty. Big money events require opposition of that value. If he does fight Spike and it tanks they'll say it's because of the suspension or some other bullshhh. It's also telling just far people will go to defend someone who just pissed dirty not once but twice. It's not about the sport, it's about their personal agendas and fandom.
                  Tell me about it! If boxing didn't have PPVs half of these "fans" would have nothing to talk about.

What cracks me up is seeing US fans mocking UK fans because PPVs are cheaper over here.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                    Anyway lets compare their PPV numbers where both of them were the main attractions:
                    Canelo:

Khan- 600,000
                    Angulo- 350,000
                    Lara- 325,000
                    Smith- 300,000
                    Chavez Jr- 1,000,000
                    Cotto- 938,000 (cotto was the A side due to being a legend. Both of them were about equal in terms of popularity at this point)

GGG

Jacobs- 170,000
                    Lemieux- 100,000

So please try and explain why GGG deserves a 50/50 Split
                    Being dishonest by using Glaser's numbers for GGG, but not for Canelo, I see.

The most viewed video on YouTube regarding Canelo only has 4 million views. You'd think that if he really gets than many PPV, there'd be more.

GGG gets 10 million.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                      GGG can barely do 100k PPV buys without canelo

Canelo is the bigger star and brings in way more revenue. Asking for a 50/50 split is laughable and just insane.

SO blame GGG and his team
                      A GGG hater agreeing with another GGG hater. What a surprise.

Comment

Working...
                      X