Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter Explains GGG's Position: He Wants Fair Split!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BDG View Post
    I usually don't resort to being petty, but if Nelo want he could call up TBE and you know...….

Comment

• Originally posted by Hnnnggg View Post
      Thank you for your insight, I’m not well versed in the logistics behind the financial distribution in fight cards so this was enlightening.

For me, it just seems unlikely that Jacobs is any kind of draw relative to a canelo vs ggg fight. But if taking his 80:20 split means he can clear more, I guess financially it makes more sense.

Money aside, I just figure canelo would want to cement his status in the mw division by having the opportunity to topple the mw kingpin. Especially after all the controversy behind his positive ped tests, victory could placate hardcore fans that he is legitimately the man at mw.
      It's The Canelo Show; as good a fighter as Golovkin may be, MGM Resorts made it clear with the suspension situation that they don't see him as a draw, and HBO, after basically 4 years of trying to build him up, made things crystal clear with how they handled the situation too.

Daniel Jacobs doesn't have to be a big draw to make the show run; he has to be a live opponent with some profile, and he's all beyond that.

For the last part, I get where you're coming from, but what has Golovkin actually done for Canelo, or anyone for that matter, to see him as being the man to beat?

Cotto was the man who beat the man (Martinez) who beat the man (Pavlik) who beat the man (Taylor) who beat the man who established the lineage (Hopkins), and Alvarez already beat him.

Looking actually at the context, Golovkin is the interim WBA champion, whose spent the vast majority of his run blowing through non-descript competition (Daniel Geale was legit, but his lack of pop basically put him into the situation where he was put out just as he socked Golovkin dead in the face) before having a competitive fight with an A-/B+ level welterweight (Kell Brook on form is really a special fighter, but I have Spence Jr as an A fighter, so those late adjustments nudge Brook down a bit), a 50/50 fight with Daniel Jacobs, and a 50/50 fight with Alvarez already.

Placating the hardcore fan hasn't ever really been Alvarez's move, but if he was really looking for any kind of "redemption", he'd fight Billy Joe Saunders, the type of long, slick, fast fighter that's basically given him serious trouble (Trout, Lara, Khan briefly) and will likely give keep giving him trouble, and a bonafide world champion (beat Andy Lee for the full title, admittedly in Lee's first formal defense apparently, and is set to make his 5th defense of the full championship).

There's no need for Alvarez to chase Golovkin

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Nice lil vid...Lmao

I said I was being Petty

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
          he didnt pay a dime you fool, it was cotto..
          Did cotto even end up paying lol, didn’t he end up vacated the wbc and it was only on the line for canelo??? Can’t remember, I’m remember something about him refusing to pay

Comment

• Ggg will never deserve an even split with canelo(as much as I wish he would).... canelo is the gravy train, I do agree after all the bull**** he deserves a fairer split, but canelos personality I can never see him allowing it....

Comment

• Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
              Ggg will never deserve an even split with canelo(as much as I wish he would).... canelo is the gravy train, I do agree after all the bull**** he deserves a fairer split, but canelos personality I can never see him allowing it....
              I really don't have a problem with GGG wanting a bigger split. I have a problem with GGG wanting GBP to give him more money instead of his team putting up the money for the fight since he is the Champ. GGG have your team put up the money and you wont have to worry about the split.

Comment

• Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                What about moving 3 weight classes? Or 4? Or is it 5?

Or Hagle.. Oh wait.. Maybe Monzo.. Shít.?
                RJJ was only MW for a brief time, where he fought nobody of note.
                Toney.. You think GGG could hit 250 pounds?
                Hopkins' first fight was at 180 pounds.

The reason why GGG hasn't moved up, is because he started pro late. He was a grown ass man.
                ggg wouldnt move 1 lb outside 160, stop with yuor fantasy...

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                  ggg wouldnt move 1 lb outside 160, stop with yuor fantasy...
                  He doesn't care he will deflect and bring up some other nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
                    Did cotto even end up paying lol, didn’t he end up vacated the wbc and it was only on the line for canelo??? Can’t remember, I’m remember something about him refusing to pay
                    yeah , not sure if he was sued and had to pay later, but canelo had no business in that...

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      And how do you think Canelo would do if he fought Vanes on 3 weeks notice?

Your boy is damaged goods .. severely damaged.

He was booed in the ring by his own fans after that rip off draw, and since then he's failed a PED test, withdrawn from VADA and been shamed into re-enrolling, and is currently suspended.

Would Canelo make more money fighting Spike O'Sullivan next than GGG would make against BJS in the UK or Ryota Murata in Japan?

Maybe, maybe not. One thing for sure ... he would make a ton more by rematching GGG than he could make against anybody else.
                      he wouldnt have to drop vegas venue or a ppv event, even at his worst ppv he well do at least 5 times more than ggg did vs vanes..

Comment

Working...
                      X