Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter Explains GGG's Position: He Wants Fair Split!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
    People forget the numbers canelo did against liam smith.....what was it 300k ? Whats canelo going to achieve without no world titles hanging over his shoulders and no other fighter will give him the nukbers that golovkin will give him...let canelo become mando and the golovkin go to purse bids lol......70-30 in favour of champion is the percentage no ? I am tired of that ginger cheat and deviant de la hoya taking everybody for a ride.
    I am really not bothered when that cheat fights again

Are you that Re_tarded? team golovking already try that the first fight you du**b Arss, Canelo answers to no sanctioning body, unlike GGG, Canelo is not defined by belts. unlike GGG.... so take your ******ed comment roll it up and stick it up your …...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Talks of guarantees don't matter, since Canelo owns his shows anyway; will keep that separate for now.

Fight clears $50m, even split gets each fighter $25m.

If Daniel Jacobs is the opponent, the Mexico TV money doesn't really change, and they still sell out T-Mobile Arena and do good business on the closed circuit with MGM Resorts (instead of Kazakhs making the trip, and Mexican-style fans enjoying MID weekend with Mexican and Mexican Americans, black folks and urban America will have a reason to make the trip).

The biggest factor left in flux is PPV, and here Alvarez will be working with an opponent who can easily do all of the English press in a clear and cogent way, with a story that can add a bit to the fight for the non-hardcore fan.

1.4m homes is an ask for Alvarez-Jacobs, but topping 700k should be easy, and I don't see 1m being out of the question.

Split the pot 80/20 Alvarez (voluntary fight for the lineal middleweight title, that's not unreasonable), and Alvarez gets his $25m with the fight doing well less of $35m.

A million homes at $65/$75, once all outside parties are paid, nets out something like $30m. The take with MGM Resorts for the fight (gate/closed circuit) is easily worth a net of $15m. The Mexico TV (the two-tiered setup is pretty ingenious) is likely worth another likely $10m. The rest of the revenue add their bit to the pot.

My point is that even if the PPV did zero business, there's still enough money coming in from everything else, on a 80/20 split with Jacobs, to basically get him what he'd get by splitting things 50/50 with Golovkin, so such a deal wouldn't make sense.
      Thank you for your insight, I’m not well versed in the logistics behind the financial distribution in fight cards so this was enlightening.

For me, it just seems unlikely that Jacobs is any kind of draw relative to a canelo vs ggg fight. But if taking his 80:20 split means he can clear more, I guess financially it makes more sense.

Money aside, I just figure canelo would want to cement his status in the mw division by having the opportunity to topple the mw kingpin. Especially after all the controversy behind his positive ped tests, victory could placate hardcore fans that he is legitimately the man at mw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        Did you read the article? GGG brings more to the table now than Cotto did then. GGG-Canelo is a way bigger fight than Canelo-Cotto. The gate money AND PPV money prove it. Both much higher for GGG-Canelo. Please, stick to the facts.

If that's the case. How come He couldn't even fill the stub hub arena that so small, if he has such power to gather the masses, why did he do 150 vs Martirosyan? I bet you anything Canelo makes at least 350 with same fighter, so no Canelo still is the CASH COW in steroids (pun intended) so GGG bows down to THE MAN or go get another million vs a nobody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hnnnggg View Post
          So hypothetically let’s say the pot is 50 million, with canelo and ggg splitting the pot evenly. Both would walk away with 25 million. If you’re saying that canelo vs Jacobs with a 75:25 split in favor of canelo would yield a larger pay day than his 50:50 split with ggg. That would mean the total guarantee for both fighters would have to be at least 33.3 million just for him to be on par with a hypothetical 50:50 purse against ggg. Do you really see him earning over 25 million going against Jacobs? Canelo made a guaranteed purse of 8 million with Chavez jr, which was a much bigger fight in terms of narratives than canelo vs Jacobs. His last guarantee with ggg was 20 million, 2.5 times against Chavez... there’s no way for him to make more with any other opponent. Better to take a part of a big pie than all of a tiny one, it’s poor business practice to decline when there are no other alternative options.
          The Canelo Show (Canelo vs a broom; ie Alvarez vs TBA) I worth more than folks seem willing to acknowledge.

Still facing his suspension, MGM Resorts already has the date/venue reserved, the Mexican TV is in order, Tecate already has their money ready, and HBO is already set to run the PPV.

Alvarez can basically fight five guys not named Golovkin, and that wouldn't change (Jacobs, Saunders, Charlo, Andrade, and maybe Spike O'Sullivan; even with O'Sullivan, Golden Boy can take the fight to JerryLand without much of a problem).

And in every one of those scenarios, Alvarez gets no less than 80% of the money generated.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
            fact is GGG was heavily ducked during his prime nobody wanted a piece not sturm not martinez not joto nobody. We know how good he is the best damn middleweight since probably hagler. he's been a dominate champion for almost a decade!
            I agree that he was heavily ducked hence the reason I said he should have moved up. If you stay in a weak division to break records fine, but don't try to act like he couldn't move up to 168-175 for fights.

Loma has zero problems moving up or taking on tough comp

Kovalev has taken on tough comp and still seeks it

GGG has not done that

Comment

how so? the ggg fight did better numbers than the joto ggg vs clenelo did well over 1 million buys while clenelo vs joto couldn't even crack 1 million. ggg should get paid accordingly
              ggg cant sell more than 150k on his own, he sould be paid accordingly..

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
                Canelo's drug test failures diminished his legitimacy and value. GGG is now the "A" side as a legitimate champion. Canelo will reap what he sewed. Without GGG his big money PPV fight are gone.
                without canelo how did ggg just did again???
                newbies are dumber every time...

Comment

• Originally posted by BDG View Post
                  Its on par with Rosado. You fool Rosado isn't a better fighter but he as been in fights where he is the clear underdog. Example Rosado vs Quillen, Rosado vs GGG

GGG have fought people that are not even on Rosados level. Vanes, Wade, etc...

So if you only count Jacobs and Canelo as his big fights where he is the favorite, please show me where GGG has taken a fight where he is even remotely in danger.

Glen Tapia
                  Jermell Charlo
                  Martin Murray
                  Willie Monroe Jr
                  Jesus A Gutierrez
                  Josh Clottey
                  David Lemieux
                  Peter Quillen
                  Jleon Love
                  GGG

that's Gabes last 10 fights which seem like a better or equal resume to GGG.

I would be quiet if I was you because you def don't know boxing.

Thank you Management
                  Are you fkn serious?

Resume is not just who you fought .. it's who you beat.

Comment

clenelo is not fighting jacobs or charlo you dopehead lol too much risk for very little reward! maybe bjs because he has belt but again he has a style that clenelo and team fishnets know are all wrong for them. ggg can fight murata in japan that's a big fight over there and there's already talk about it happening. ggg is fine without the cheater there's the jacobs rematch which would sell out MSG again a fight with charlo will also be big down the line.
                    unlike ggg , canelo has done high risk low reward fights before...

Comment

• Originally posted by BDG View Post
                      You know Cotto wasn't a real MW. I bet you don't want GGG to fight Kov
                      I actually do since Abel Sanchez always try to bait us into believing Golovkin would Drop Kovalev in sparring!

Comment

Working...
                      X