Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter Explains GGG's Position: He Wants Fair Split!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter Explains GGG's Position: He Wants Fair Split!

So why is Golden Boy Promotions saying they are moving on from the rematch between their client, Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, and unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin? While Golden Boy feels this now a dead issue, promoter Tom Loeffler of GGG Promotions believes they are still negotiating the rematch for September.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You guys agreed to the deal when it was for May 5. If it was good enough then it should be good enough now.

Comment

Canelo brings the ppv buys not Mr. 97k. I would move on and take all the top $ fights from GGG if I was Canelo. Comparing a star like Cotto to GGG . Delusional for sure.

Comment

I'd want more money if I was G too. He had to just have a 1m fight when he should have had a huge payday because Canelo couldn't keep off the gas

Comment

You can't compare GGG to cotto. Cotto brought more to the table. GGG's has no room to negotiate yet his team is jeopardizing this fight thinking they have an advantage. The fight in September was never a possibility imo. Canelo needed a tune up fight. Its best GGG team takes whatever deal was originally negotiated and prepare for the fight to happen May 5th 2019

Comment

ggg have the upper hand now.. not his fault canelo tested positive. not his fault canelo pulled out! not his fault canelo got suspended.

ggg went ahead and fought someone else because of that and took a major pay cut but then knocked his opponent out so he should have the leverage now.

Comment

Up your ass Oscar you scumbag!

Comment

Sounds like Loeffer's confirmation that GGG's pricing himself out .

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                  Canelo brings the ppv buys not Mr. 97k. I would move on and take all the top $ fights from GGG if I was Canelo. Comparing a star like Cotto to GGG . Delusional for sure.
                  it's not all about star power, it's about fight demand. Yeah cotto is a bigger star than ggg but which ppv sold more? And it wasn't even close. Not to mention, because of all the drama, the rematch will do even bigger numbers. Canelo f%cked up the rematch and should make some concessions for that. Plus, he won't do anywhere near a mil buys vs anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    You guys agreed to the deal when it was for May 5. If it was good enough then it should be good enough now.
                    **** has changed since the rematch was originally signed. Don't be gullible.

Comment

Working...
                    X