No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua, Hearn Stand Firm: Wilder Fight Must Be in The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smash View Post
    i mean going to vegas is great, for wilder, its a cesspit of home town decisions week in and week out, it happens so often its shock when it doesnt, people may say this fight is not going the distance, but it might and there is no way that wilder could actually decision joshua, except if its in the states and then its a near guarantee i would say unless its a total wipeout from wilder which is very unlikely.

Joshua needs to ko wilder in vegas and vice versa, except thats the only way wilder wins. Plus the ref, so important in these big fights and can often make or break the fight for one guy, vegas is bought, uk is close behind tho p

Then whats wilders purse in this fight if joshua agrees a flat fee? 20 mil, 40 mil, 70 mil? What if the fight really does great somehow. Speculation is great but people are often wrong.
    The problem with your argument is that one way or another this fight will not go to the scorecard. This isn't Joshua verses Parker it is Joshua against Wilder. Both are punchers and both can be hurt. I don't think the fight goes past eight rounds, tops.

Comment

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
      I think what I said was pretty clear. When has any A side fighter reluinshed their A side privileges for any amount of money? Never. They take both the money and the control of choosing the location. He didn't say "if you give me 50 mill I'll do whatever you tell me to." Wilder is going to have to accept that no matter what he says or does he is the B side of this fight. He isn't going to be deciding where the fight takes place. And it sounds like Anthony Joshua is willing to take less money to maintain his advantage in this regard. You as a Wilder fan may not like it but no fan likes it when their guy has to take a subordinate position. It's just the facts of life.
      Give Wilder a fair percentage say 40% and Joshua 60%. That's would mean Joshua's additional take would be 50% more than Wilders. The fight will make Wilder a super star and diminish Joshua, that is why Hearn doesn't really want the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        If you honestly don't think that near 90,000 people will be in Las Vegas to enjoy Wilder-Joshua, whether it be in the packed arena, or on one of the MGM Resorts properties, you're kidding yourself.

Hang your hat on the novelty of taking over one venue versus taking over a city if you want.
        What AJ's fans are missing is that in Vegas it is not just the live crowd or PPV that dictates the fights effect on revenue. Many tens of millions of dollars in additional revenue will be realized due to increased ******** (not just bets on fights).

The fight won't go the distance so in this fight the judges are not an important factor but of course the referee certainly is as he can favor one or another of the fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          right! well then you all should be asking eddie why he doesn't think wilder is worth a percentage! but parker was! 35-40% is fair and wilder would go to the uk. but if this 50mil offer is there I don't see them allowing eddie to dictate where it is held. thanks for the balanced post! rare these days. seems like aj is fighting pedvtkin next
          I don't think the $50 million is there if the fight happens in the UK. Only if it happens in the USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by rydt88 View Post
            Why would they be ducking Wilder?
            He can't even punch properly...
            Are you aware of Wilder's record and KO percentage?

Comment

• Originally posted by rydt88 View Post
              Why would they be ducking Wilder?
              He can't even punch properly...
              Wow! then his opponents need to be happy about that. If he punched properly no one would live through being punched by him.

Comment

• Ah ****! Here we go! It's safe to say that this fight isn't going to happen anytime soon because Eddie keeps moving the goal post. He is fully informed that the U.K venue is a deal breaker for the $50 million guarantee for both fighters.

They both stand to lose millions if the fight is held in the U.K. Especially Deontay Wilder. Joshua asked for $50 Mil for this fight and he got it. So what is with all the delaying and stalling tactics?

Comment

• Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  It would be foolish for AJ and team to fight anywhere but England for fight #1. 1/10th the crowd in the States, less money, less interest. It will be a mammoth event in England. Here? Not that much.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  You are wrong about the less money part.

It has already been established that there is MORE money to do this fight in the U.S. Even Eddie Hearn admits as much.
                  Possibly. But if you look at the number of fans that would pack a stadium for this in England @ 60-90K, vs a 10-15K event in Vegas... it would likely be more money over there. Plus, that's what Joshua wants, so Wilder may as well get used to it. If Wilder is so confident, why not? He can then get the rematch in the States. Problems solved. Fans win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dat View Post
                    I believe that Joshua will get knocked out in front of his homies.
                    I believe he won’t. ... There is really only one way to find out ✌🏿

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
                      I don't think the $50 million is there if the fight happens in the UK. Only if it happens in the USA.
                      thats the reason they should offer him 40% i dont understand why hearn doesnt just at least offer 35% parker got a %

Comment

Working...
                      X