Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    It would be foolish for AJ and team to fight anywhere but England for fight #1. 1/10th the crowd in the States, less money, less interest. It will be a mammoth event in England. Here? Not that much.

Possibly. But if you look at the number of fans that would pack a stadium for this in England @ 60-90K, vs a 10-15K event in Vegas... it would likely be more money over there. Plus, that's what Joshua wants, so Wilder may as well get used to it. If Wilder is so confident, why not? He can then get the rematch in the States. Problems solved. Fans win.
    Joshua isn't getting $50 million if the fight is in the UK. What does that tell you?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Immaterial.

You’re not asking what Deontay brings to a fight that doesn’t involve Joshua.
      so your saying joshua is the host with the most then.....he is invited to joshuas mansion and to feast on the best food and drink the best champagne.
      And if wilder don't come to joshuas mansion he go's to mcdonalds for a happy meal and cup of sprite.
      So plainly speaking wilder eats the best he ever eats because of joshua lol

Comment

• I believe Joshua has the right to say the fight should be in the UK.There has never been a undisputed heavyweight fight held there before and its a good time now to do it..At least the AJ camp is offering a 2 fight deal vs. 50 million with no control and no rematch..If I was the unified champ from Canada I would much have it here in Toronto, Montreal etc. and make history for my own legacy over money..

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Joshua isn't getting $50 million if the fight is in the UK. What does that tell you?
          and wilder aint getting no 12.5 million if he don't face joshua.
          $50 million is not worth getting shafted for your world titles....it happened once to lennox lewis and it aint going to happen again.
          Joshua is the kingpin of the division and kingpins decide when and where .

Comment

• Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
            It’d all be done through company structures, I’m pretty sure they’d pay him in USD in his own country, they’d be mad to be paying him like an employeee
            All company structures do is change the rates. Britain taxes businesses, just like the US and most other countries

Comment

• Wilder is not in the position to have any say in any matter he’s nothing but a country bumpkin ass dude with a tittle that belong to him he should just hand over to AJ if not AJ is going demolish wilder the paper champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                All company structures do is change the rates. Britain taxes businesses, just like the US and most other countries
                There is no way everyone who works in the UK gets taxed twice. Every country has rules around what makes you a tax-domicile, I think the US just assumes everything you earn regardless of where is US taxable but that doesn’t mean the UK taxes the person on top of that, otherwise no one would work in the UK from the US and lot of people do.

Comment

• of course he's the one in the driving seat, and he doesn't need to go to the US, only these patriotic fanboys think so

Comment

• Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
                    There is no way everyone who works in the UK gets taxed twice. Every country has rules around what makes you a tax-domicile, I think the US just assumes everything you earn regardless of where is US taxable but that doesn’t mean the UK taxes the person on top of that, otherwise no one would work in the UK from the US and lot of people do.
                    That's why I specifically talked about offsets; they might do it, but I doubt that the British taxing authorities are chasing down the national origin of every person and company that makes money in their country.

Follow the money, tax what is to be taxed, and reconcile with home.

Made $100, got taxed $40 in the UK, you only owed $30 for the US, so the US pays you back the $10 that you overpaid [BUK makes $100, got taxed $30 in the US, actually owed $40 in the UK, so the UK will look for him to pay another $10 to reconcile].

Hassle or not, folks deal with it because they can work wherever the job arises, while also still keeping the privileges of being a US citizen (for a traveler, having a national passport that can get you into every country, outside of North Korea and maybe still Iran, without the extra effort of having to chase down a visa, is a pretty big deal).

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      If he brings nothing to the table, why did his offer pay Joshua nearly twice as much as Joshua’s offer paid to himself?
                      that offer is fake news. Stop peddling bull****!

Comment

Working...
                      X