Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Blasts Hearn's Three-Fight, $6.75M Offer as 'Slave Deal'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing wouldn't miss Broner one jot. Maidana still officially owns him and always will do until he hands him his soul back, so Eddie should be negotiating with Chino.

Comment

• This begs the question of why the hell Hearn would even want Broner anyway

Comment

• Obviously, Bonehedd isn't anywhere near Einstein, so what else do we expect? And forget him ever getting his act together, dedicating himself, performing at a true elite level. Like many others have said, he needs his head examined if he pizzizz away this gift. In reality, he should be doing backflips over a generous offer of this level.

Comment

• [MENTION][/MENTION]
          Originally posted by The Mack. View Post
          hearns gonna find it hard to crack this market, a lot of these fighters are deluded divas. this type of stuff is private negotiation, got broner and charlo talking about it on twitter ffs. show some class and negotiate in private, the mans making you a business offer but i guess its more important to impress some idiots on twitter than act like a man and politely decline. and for the record thats a good deal for someone whos becoming a whipping boy for the top fighters and is firmly in the B level category. you went into your shell against a damn lightweight i dont wanna bring race into it but ive got a funny feeling some of these fighters (and fans) are so hostile to hearn cause hes not black, its not a normal reaction from broner and charlo to someone whos making you a genuine offer. ive never known such a hostile reaction to someone whos trying to bring some interest into the sport
          Jay Z offered him $40 million and Broner told him publicly to suck his d*ck. So, no.. This has nothing to do with race. And Hearn is more disliked in Britain than anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Benavidez could have played this a little smarter. Feel bad for him. Could end up in court for a while—and lose everything in the process.

In the end, promoters just don’t care. If Arum did, he would’ve gone to Sampson, who he’s done business with, and tried to work something out. Instead, because he needs fighters, he offers the kid the moon and in the process may have screwed his career over short-term. The end result? Either Benavidez is shelved and loses his title...or he has two promoters taking a good chunk of his money like what happened to Pacquiao. But this is boxing and it’s the sport we choose to love.
            wha are u talking about? Arum did go to Sampson to work out a deal. Sampson turned it down and would rather shelve the kid than to let him fight in August on espn.

Read dan Rafaels story. Sampson admits arum tried to work a deal before he signed him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              Maybe. But since he's shot, Haymon isn't risking anything. Worst case scenario is what you described and the end result is the same for Haymon, losing the belt.

But what if Benavidez is tied up in a lawsuit, can't fight, and therefore can't make his mandatory defense? Then he's stripped and Haymon keeps the belt.
              Haymon loses nothing your right. The Dirrells definitely aren’t a priority. I don’t think Benavidez will be out very long. There’s some loophole I’m sure Top Rank is using and I bet they end up just paying off Sampson and send him on his way. Sampson may have a lot of pride but if its shown to him he’s fighting a losing battle he will take the best economic package he can and cut him loose.

Comment

• I'd say Hearn would be massively over paying him at that rate. What a classless douche to copy paste his offer into a tweet. Never go full Broner.

Comment

• Broner probably couldn't sign off on the "Keep your mouth shut" clause; regardless how much money was involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    man this dude is fuggin dumb....

what was it that rocnation offered? 40 mil or something and then he only ended up making like not even half that in the same amount of fights
                    I’m still,laughing at him for that bad business decision. What an idiot.. But, that’s when AB was touting himself as the second coming of Mayweather!

Comment

• https://www.npr.org/2012/02/28/14758...rn-day-slavery

Comment

Working...
                      X