No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Derevyanchenko: IBF Ruling is Expected Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    "The IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO have a rotational system in place for instances when one boxer possesses multiple championships in the same weight class. England’s Billy Joe Saunders (26-0, 12 KOs) holds the WBO middleweight title and the IBO doesn’t order mandatory matches.

It was the WBC’s turn in the rotational system before Golovkin’s fight May 5.

The WBC’s mandatory Jermall Charlo, was unavailable to replace Alvarez on May 5 because he was already scheduled to fight Hugo Centeno Jr. on April 21. Houston’s Charlo (27-0, 21 KOs) knocked out Centeno (26-2, 14 KOs, 1 NC) in the second round to win the WBC’s interim middleweight title that night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn."

I thought Jacobs was the WBA mando?
    I believe Jacobs is the mando for the WBA world championship belt or w/e i hate the WBA. It’s either Jacobs or the Asian cat. Now this is a little out of topic but why doesn’t the IBO doesn’t order mandatories ? Even though they brag about their computer non bias ranking? Makes no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
      I believe Jacobs is the mando for the WBA world championship belt or w/e i hate the WBA. It’s either Jacobs or the Asian cat. Now this is a little out of topic but why doesn’t the IBO doesn’t order mandatories ? Even though they brag about their computer non bias ranking? Makes no sense.
      I mean I thought GGG's last mando was Jacobs when they fought and it was a WBA mando.

Comment

• Don't care about the belt. I want Trip G and Alvarez.

Winner can go clean up straps from BJS and Jacobs/Derevyanchenko afterwards if they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          He didn't leave the division and will be back in Sept, fighting in that division. You lose your ranking when inactive for a year and he was only suspended for 6 months. And even then, as soon as he fights his next fight at MW, he's the lineal champ again, just as he left.
          Lol, he dumped his belt and went down to jmw running from ggg. “Im not a middleweight” bla bla bla.

Comment

• What's sad to see is that people are making the High Risk low reward argument for Derevyanchenko. The same argument Felix Sturm, Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam, Cotto, Martinez et al made when GGG was coming up. He should fight Derevyanchenko next. If not him then Saunders (if he decides he is willing after his fight in June). Canelo will ask for a tune up fight (at a catch-weight of 163 or something). So there will be a slot open in September. Either that or Golden boy will negotiate for as long as possible and then pull out making it impossible to get another fight with enough time to hype it up properly.

Comment

• Golovroids will turn it down the same way he ducked Canelos rematch. Calling it now

Comment

• It’s all pretty simple. Professional boxers are in this game for money. Golovkin’s no exception. For anyone to suggest he’s ducking anybody is ridiculous. Until the big money Canelo rematch happens, Golovkin will hold onto his belt and face Derevyanchenko. One more notch on his belt. No big deal. Let’s not try to kill a mouse with an elephant gun trying to analyze why or when these guys face each other. It’s simply economics. Nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. EBT 97K View Post
                  Golovroids will turn it down the same way he ducked Canelos rematch. Calling it now
                  Rematch was signed bud. Canelo tested positve for banned substances and was suspended. How is that Golovkin fault? Or do you mean the fight that has yet to happen?? Try to be just a little unbiased.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graz View Post
                    It’s all pretty simple. Professional boxers are in this game for money. Golovkin’s no exception. For anyone to suggest he’s ducking anybody is ridiculous. ...
                    No, it's not ridiculous. He could have fought Derevyanchenko instead of Martirosyan but he ... well, let's say he wasn't sure enough in himself.
                    And now, most probably, GGG will be stripped of his IBF belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      I mean I thought GGG's last mando was Jacobs when they fought and it was a WBA mando.
                      Jacobs and Hearn don't seem to be pushing the issue. Once GGG loses the IBF , then faces Canelo the WBA will order a mando so let's wait and see . That Asian had that minor belt for a while now and Arum hasn't said anything about a GGG fight. If Canelo wins the belts will be scattered . He's going to drop the WBA and IBO. Who is number 3 on the IBF rankings ? it's Danny Jacobs that's the more easier belt . If I was him I would jump on that.
                      Last edited by Removed Now; 05-23-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X