Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz: After I Beat Gary Russell - I Will Be The King at 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
    Well to contradict your notion that no one mentions GRJ name that's a lie, Oscar Valdez has been very adamant in fighting Russell, Valdez mentioned he wanted the Green belt, a he said and I quote "I want the WBC belt, and if it means I have to fight, and beat Gary Russell, that's what I want to do"
    Honestly my sentiment is that Gary is the main man at 126, and I think he beats Jo Jo Diaz on fight night.
    You failed to read my previous post, Valdez was all talk : he was lined up to challenge Gary for the WBC, Oscar went the WBO route, but we all can run our mouths cant we?
    Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    Nobody recognises Russal because they think he's retired with the way he goes on. He fights once a year against bums, so it's no surprise the top featherweights don't acknowledge him.

The only win of merit for Russal is against a finished Gonzales, so why would the other feathers care about him when there are bigger fights out there against active fighters?
    If its like you say, why didn't they come take the most prestigious title from this inactive overrated fighter? theres a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      You failed to read my previous post, Valdez was all talk : he was lined up to challenge Gary for the WBC, Oscar went the WBO route, but we all can run our mouths cant we?

If its like you say, why didn't they come take the most prestigious title from this inactive overrated fighter? theres a reason.
      How can they take the title from someone who doesn't even fight? There's bigger fights out there to go for. Russal is irrelevant.

Comment

May I ask what experience Russal has? He's fought no one. Nothing but bums for him.
        Lomachenko for one, Jhonny Gonzalez for another and a bunch of guys with pretty good records. Plus he had a great amateur record. I don't think anyone can dispute that Russell has experience. He certainly is more experienced than Jo Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
          Lomachenko for one, Jhonny Gonzalez for another and a bunch of guys with pretty good records. Plus he had a great amateur record. I don't think anyone can dispute that Russell has experience. He certainly is more experienced than Jo Jo.
          I don't think getting dominated by Lomachenko and knocking out a finished Gonzales in 4 rounds constitutes as having experience.

The other guys Russel fought were complete bums.

I don't dispute that Russel has more experience than Jo Jo, but not to the point where it could be called the deciding factor.

Comment

I don't think getting dominated by Lomachenko and knocking out a finished Gonzales in 4 rounds constitutes as having experience.

The other guys Russel fought were complete bums.

I don't dispute that Russel has more experience than Jo Jo, but not to the point where it could be called the deciding factor.
            People often learn more from failure and defeat than from success or victory. The greatest in every endeavor have experienced defeat and failure and became great, Michael Jordan, Tomas Edison, Albert Einstein, Muhammed Ali, and so on. Failure is lifes's best teacher. Lebron James puts this well, "You have to accept failure to get better."

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
              People often learn more from failure and defeat than from success or victory. The greatest in every endeavor have experienced defeat and failure and became great, Michael Jordan, Tomas Edison, Albert Einstein, Muhammed Ali, and so on. Failure is lifes's best teacher. Lebron James puts this well, "You have to accept failure to get better."
              That sounds great and all, but you don't really learn anything from getting dominated do you?

What has Russel done since the Lomachenko fight that is great if that's the case?

Comment

Nobody recognises Russal because they think he's retired with the way he goes on. He fights once a year against bums, so it's no surprise the top featherweights don't acknowledge him.

The only win of merit for Russal is against a finished Gonzales, so why would the other feathers care about him when there are bigger fights out there against active fighters?
                Exactly. When all we have seen is Gary Russell Jr vs tba, nobody cares. He beat Jhonny Gonzalez three years ago too, and still hasnt done anything since. This will be his third fight in since then. Gonzalez on the other hand, has fought 10 times. Part of the problem with amercian fighters is they think they are owed everything for little work.

Comment

Since Russell beat Gonzalez, Gary has fought 2 times, Jhonny 10.

You can take away a title from someone who doesnt fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
                    Since Russell beat Gonzalez, Gary has fought 2 times, Jhonny 10.

You can take away a title from someone who doesnt fight.
                    Oscar Escando was the interim World Boxing Council World Featherweight champion, top ten at the time when Gary Russell jr. beat him defending his WBC 126 title, but you would of had to follow the weight to know this before making such a dumb comment.

Yeah Jhonny Gonzalez fought after losing to Gary Russell jr. and lost again in his second fight right after, so what?

Comment

Oscar Escando was the interim World Boxing Council World Featherweight champion, top ten at the time when Gary Russell jr. beat him defending his WBC 126 title, but you would of had to follow the weight to know this before making such a dumb comment.

Yean Jhonny Gonzalez fought after losing to Gary Russell jr. and lost again in his second fight right after, so what?
                      Your comment has nothing to do with Russell fighting 2 times while Gonzalez has fought 10 times in the same span. Guys who want to fight, do. Guys who dont, fight twice in 3 years.

Thats why nobody cares about Gary Russell jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X