Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz: After I Beat Gary Russell - I Will Be The King at 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great scrap!

Comment

Jo Jo is overall a basic fighter with little power. I'd be shocked if he pulled off the win.

Comment

You have to admire Jo Jo's confidence, but I just do not see him coming close to beating Russell. Russell has more experience and much more speed than anyone Diaz has faced. It will be a good learning experience for Jo Jo and will boost his stock if he manages to make it a close fight.

Comment

Looking forward to this May 19 card but this weight class is stacked! The winner of this fight has more work ahead taking charge of this division.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            I agree 100%, theres a reason why all the featherweights have been ducking Gary Russell jr.

The only man to step up was Lomachenko in 2014, ( yes WAY Back when ) but where are all the other champions at? No other real featherweight but Johnny Gonzalez has come to see tha champ not : Leo Santa Cruz, Carl Fraudton, Lee Selby or Oscar Valdez.

These guys leave Gary Russell out of the conversation as if he don't even exist!

Why do I get the feeling that if Jo-Jo upsets Gary Russell jr. the other champions are finally going to recognize the WBC as a title again? Oh maybe I would like to unify with the new WBC champion, hmm I wonder why.
            Well to contradict your notion that no one mentions GRJ name that's a lie, Oscar Valdez has been very adamant in fighting Russell, Valdez mentioned he wanted the Green belt, a he said and I quote "I want the WBC belt, and if it means I have to fight, and beat Gary Russell, that's what I want to do"
            Honestly my sentiment is that Gary is the main man at 126, and I think he beats Jo Jo Diaz on fight night.

Comment

I agree 100%, theres a reason why all the featherweights have been ducking Gary Russell jr.

The only man to step up was Lomachenko in 2014, ( yes WAY Back when ) but where are all the other champions at? No other real featherweight but Johnny Gonzalez has come to see tha champ not : Leo Santa Cruz, Carl Fraudton, Lee Selby or Oscar Valdez.

These guys leave Gary Russell out of the conversation as if he don't even exist!

Why do I get the feeling that if Jo-Jo upsets Gary Russell jr. the other champions are finally going to recognize the WBC as a title again? Oh maybe I would like to unify with the new WBC champion, hmm I wonder why.
              Nobody recognises Russal because they think he's retired with the way he goes on. He fights once a year against bums, so it's no surprise the top featherweights don't acknowledge him.

The only win of merit for Russal is against a finished Gonzales, so why would the other feathers care about him when there are bigger fights out there against active fighters?

Comment

Wasn't Oscar Valdez Gary Russell's mandatory but then Lomachenko vacated the WBO and Toprank jumped on it ASAP? Its a good thing Valdez went dat way, otherwise who knows where he be right now

....hahaha I just remembered Valdez still has his jaw wired!
                Valdez would spank Russal. Russal is nothing but hype from a few idiots like yourself. He's done nothing and fights so infrequently that he doesn't matter in the featherweight landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                  You have to admire Jo Jo's confidence, but I just do not see him coming close to beating Russell. Russell has more experience and much more speed than anyone Diaz has faced. It will be a good learning experience for Jo Jo and will boost his stock if he manages to make it a close fight.
                  May I ask what experience Russal has? He's fought no one. Nothing but bums for him.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
                    Well to contradict your notion that no one mentions GRJ name that's a lie, Oscar Valdez has been very adamant in fighting Russell, Valdez mentioned he wanted the Green belt, a he said and I quote "I want the WBC belt, and if it means I have to fight, and beat Gary Russell, that's what I want to do"
                    Honestly my sentiment is that Gary is the main man at 126, and I think he beats Jo Jo Diaz on fight night.
                    How can you be the main man when doing absolutely nothing your whole career?

What, a finished Gonzales makes you the man now? Because that's all Russal has done.

Comment

I think Russell takes a comfortable win here, either by late stoppage or clear decision. But then again, I dont know **** about boxing so might as well be wrong here

Comment

Working...
                      X