Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz: After I Beat Gary Russell - I Will Be The King at 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz: After I Beat Gary Russell - I Will Be The King at 126

LOS ANGELES - Undefeated featherweight contender and former U.S. Olympian Joseph"JoJo" Diaz Jr. (26-0, 14 KOs) hosted a media workout in Los Angeles at Azteca Boxing Club. Diaz, Jr. will challenge Gary Russell, Jr. (28-1, 17 KOs) for the WBC World Featherweight World Title on Saturday, May 19 in a clash televised live on SHOWTIME from MGM National Harbor in Maryland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I can not wait for this fight. Just my opinion I am looking forward to this fight way more than Santa Cruz vs Mares.

Jo Jo has the obvious skills, and talent but my biggest question is how will be he react in the ring against a guy who is just as if not more talented then him?

Up to this point Jo Jo Diaz has never really been tested against a real former champion or serious contender. He's never been in any serious trouble or down in any fight that I can recall.

I just hope this isn't Lubin vs Charlo 2.0 and it's more like Spence vs Brook.

Comment

Not impressed by Diaz.

Comment

I agree 100%, theres a reason why all the featherweights have been ducking Gary Russell jr.

The only man to step up was Lomachenko in 2014, ( yes WAY Back when ) but where are all the other champions at? No other real featherweight but Johnny Gonzalez has come to see tha champ not : Leo Santa Cruz, Carl Fraudton, Lee Selby or Oscar Valdez.

These guys leave Gary Russell out of the conversation as if he don't even exist!

Why do I get the feeling that if Jo-Jo upsets Gary Russell jr. the other champions are finally going to recognize the WBC as a title again? Oh maybe I would like to unify with the new WBC champion, hmm I wonder why.
        Last edited by 1hourRun; 05-10-2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          I agree 100%, theres a reason why all the featherweights have been ducking Gary Russell jr.

The only man to step up was Lomachenko in 2014, ( yes WAY Back when ) but where are all the other champions at? No other real featherweight but Johnny Gonzalez has come to see tha champ not : Leo Santa Cruz, Carl Fraudton, Lee Selby or Oscar Valdez.

These guys leave Gary Russell out of the conversation as if he don't even exist!

Why do I get the feeling that if Jo-Jo upsets Gary Russell jr. the other champions are finally going to recognize the WBC as a title again? Oh maybe I would like to unify with the new WBC champion, hmm I wonder why.
          Valdez has called for Russel numerous times. But i do agree Gary Russel is an A class fighter and the best at 126. Lets see what JoJo can do.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Not impressed by Diaz.
            Me too, the kid has no technique. He just throws punches in bunches really. I think Gary Russel got this in the bag.

Comment

I love this fight! Jo Jo Diaz vs Gary Russell Jr is one of my favorite fights! The other great fight is Jorge Linares vs Lomanchenko! I love both of these fights and I can't wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                Valdez has called for Russel numerous times. But i do agree Gary Russel is an A class fighter and the best at 126. Lets see what JoJo can do.
                Wasn't Oscar Valdez Gary Russell's mandatory but then Lomachenko vacated the WBO and Toprank jumped on it ASAP? Its a good thing Valdez went dat way, otherwise who knows where he be right now

....hahaha I just remembered Valdez still has his jaw wired!

Comment

Diaz is talented, but I don't think he has enough power to drop or stop Jr... but I could be wrong. I think if he does win it will be by decision. Not a huge IF, but not a small IF either. Looking forward to this one. Should be interesting.

Comment

JoJo gots this great fight

Comment

Working...
                    X