Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler Ecstatic With Golovkin's Ratings, Matching Hopkins Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dray435 View Post
    A prime Marvin Hagler would have sodomized GGG.His toughest fights to date were with Jacobs and Canelo and many boxing fans me included believed he was beat in both those fights.Marvin would have koed both Jacobs and Canelo.Im talking the prime Marvin not the shell of a fighter who fought Leonard.When you talk about the greatest MW in history Marvin is that fighter.He didnt get his first title shot until his 49th fight but still managed to to secure close to 14 title defenses.He defeated fighters in crushing dominating fashion.Not with a safety first style. When you look at the Leonard debacle as well as the Antufermo first fight which was ruled a draw but everyone knows Marvin won that fight.In reality he should have over 14 defenses.30-35 defenses would have been a real possibility if he had gotten is title shot at 19-20 fights which is the norm today.
    GGG is legit the best MW of all time. Can brawl and box. Hagler never beat a boxer/puncher/mover. A small Leonard embarrassed him, Willie Monroe (Who??) beat him twice, and an old fat Duran almost beat him.

Hagler would have gotten beat soundly by Jacobs and Canelo in those fights. Marvin couldn't box his way in, he just came in and brawled. Would have gotten outpointed against Canelo and Jacobs just like he did against Leonard and Monroe (twice).

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      Wasn't attendance 7.7k?

That must have been a low merchandise figure to beat lol
      I believe thats capacity. And 1.3 mil on tv real good too. Last few showtimes been getting half that

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
        GGG is legit the best MW of all time. Can brawl and box. Hagler never beat a boxer/puncher/mover. A small Leonard embarrassed him, Willie Monroe (Who??) beat him twice, and an old fat Duran almost beat him.

Hagler would have gotten beat soundly by Jacobs and Canelo in those fights. Marvin couldn't box his way in, he just came in and brawled. Would have gotten outpointed against Canelo and Jacobs just like he did against Leonard and Monroe (twice).
        Lay off the drugs buddy. Seriously lol

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          It's possible to have 3 WBA champions because they create new titles whenever it suites them and hypocrites like you are ok with them doing so, when it suites you.

Say the IBF created a super title and awarded it GGG, then told Derevyanchenko he was only mandatory for the regular IBF title, and Golovkin didn't have to fight him. Would that be ok with you?

FCUK OFF !!

I have never supported that rubbish..... not once, EVER !!

when the WBC announced that they were going to recognize three champions..... I laughed at them, just like everyone else with an ounce of common-sense

when Sturm/Geale were ranked ahead of Golovkin the situation was this..... the WBA #2 contender was fighting BUMS..... your cool story bro, is that a great champion was making genuine title defences lol

that is NOT the same thing, and you know it

GTFOH

Comment

According to history GGG, since Dec 2010, has held and defended the same version of the WBA title that BHop and Hagler once held

And you do understand that it was GGG's own German promoter who bribed the WBA to create a new version of their super title and award it to Felix Sturm, yeah?

bull****, the WBA came up with that fukwittery in 2009

stop telling silly stories

FACT: the WBA do not/cannot, have three genuine champions..... so stop being ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
              Canelo on 'cinco de Mayo' on regular HBO would've got 5 mil+, just saying
              Canelos last hbo fight in May of 2015 vs Kirkland did 2.1 mil and that was following the replay of mayweather vs pac. Highly doubtful he'd do 5 mil.

Comment

I don't think GGG should have to fight his mando. I think the IBF should just create a super title and give it to him, then let Derevyanchenko and Andrade fight for the "regular" IBF title, which wouldn't be a real title, of course.

I also think it would be good for the WBC to create a "super duper" title for GGG so he doesn't need to fight Charlo.

What do you think?

I think that your willingness to **** all over this sport..... and completely dilute the standards simply because it favors your guy..... a fighter who has never shown the slightest willingness to reach for greatness..... is totally disgusting

supporting the WBA " three champion " corruption is disgraceful

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post

who let Gennady's little sister post on the internet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    ive actually been saying that for awhile now...about hopkins mw run....but golovkin fanboys try to use it as some false equivalency for golovkins status...ive been saying that hopkins is considered a legend because of what he did after...yet somehow golovkins fans are desperate to put golovkins name next to hopkins as if it cements some legendary, ATG, status for golovkin
                    defending a belt that many times is an accomplishment to be respected but it also has to be put in perspective based on the competition. As you stated, Hopkins didn't separate himself until he left the mw division and the upset wins vs Tarver and Pavlik mixed in with wins vs winky, pascal and cloud set him up to be considered an atg. I don't see ggg reaching that status although I believe that had the judges given him the decision o think he deserved vs canelo, it'd make his run look a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      Lay off the drugs buddy. Seriously lol
                      Can't refute what I said, so try and throw out insults, interesting...It's just the truth. Look at some of Hagler's fights if you haven't. Totally different game now and then. I give Marvin credit, he was tough as hell and if you went to war with him you would probably lose. But his only 2 wins of note (Duran was old, fighting 20 pounds up of his natural weight, and still almost beat him!) were against two brawlers who were moving up in weight (Mugabe and Hearns). He was supposed to be able to outlast those guys, and he did. Hearns fought him all wrong, but I do give Marvin credit for taking the punishment from Mugabe and Hearns and stopping those guys.

But if you could box and move, Marvin was in trouble. He had no real boxing pedigree, he was just a tough brawler. I don't think GGG matchup wise was good for him anyway, with Marvin's height disadvantage and GGG's jab, I see Marvin trying to walk GGG down and GGG keeping him at bay and working him over pretty well. Show me any footage of Marvin boxing his way in against Monroe or Leonard, if you have any?

Btw - if GGG was black, all the people who hate him would agree he was the best ever MW. And all the people who love GGG now would agree. Just let that sink in...

Comment

Working...
                      X