Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler Ecstatic With Golovkin's Ratings, Matching Hopkins Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Sturm held a paper title created specially for him to avoid GGG. Don't uphold WBA corruption.

GGG has been the WBA MW champion since 2010.
    Not according to history. If you want to blame anybody, blame GGG's people for managing his career wrong. GGG only had a portion of the title, and no real boxing publication will say otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
      people tend to forget how much Hopkins was criticized during his mw run. His 2 biggest wins were vs Trinidad and delahoya and people criticized that because they were considered welterweights. Glen Johnson wasn't looked at as a big win at the time because Glen didn't make a name for himself until knocking out Roy yrs later. Everyone else on the mw defense record werent big names. Everyone else you mentioned happened after Hopkins moved up from mw and was over 40 yrs old. His respect started with the Tarver fight when he first moved up at the age of 41.
      Well said. Hopkins post DLH was when he really started getting the accolades and deservedly so. He was a big underdog against Tito not only because of respect for Tito but also because people really didn't think Hopkins had done much. His opposition wasn't great. As I said in the run up to the Canelo fight, Hops and Golovkin's careers had a lot more in common up to that point. Canelo was Golovkin's Tito.

Golovkin actually had more named fighters than Hops did during his time, unfortunately he couldn't get the fight (Martinez comes to mind specifically).

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
        http://www.stubhubcenter.com/stadium...boxing-stadium

Seating at the Stub Hub Tennis Center is 8,000, though more seats are added when tickets are really selling. Like Triple G's fight with Rubio sold 9.3k as you stated.

A good amount of those tickets for the Triple G-Vanes fight were slashed down in prices and some given away though. Interesting that they are saying it was the highest grossing event at StubHub. How much actually were these tickets that were sold is what I want to know?
        These tickets were likely more than the Rubio fight. To get a seat it started at $200. Wasn't worth it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          That’s capacity at the stub hub

Triple A side Golovkin
          There were a bunch of empty seats so don't know where they got that figure. I guess they count tickets sold to ticket brokers, that they didn't sell and got stuck with.

Comment

Everything coming up G right now, Golovkin is the man, the ratings and attendance numbers are showing it. Great to see a lot of hard work pay off for Loeffler and the team of Golovkin. I am real keen to see who the next opponent is, it will be a huge event.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Stfu with the matching hopkins record I swear boxing journalist are the worst in pro sports

Interim is not a Champion
              It would have been 19 WBA defenses but actually WBA didn't sanction the Kell Brook fight. So to get 20 they counted that and the interim defense lol. The IBF also didn't sanction Martirosyan. Your doing above average cherry picking when the WBA doesn't sanction a fight. So he's defended the WBA belt 18 straight times but Hopkins defended the IBF strap 20 times and was sanction by the IBF each time.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                Suddenly Hopkins is god on this forum, two years ago he was on something, he was overrated, a snoozefest, but now suddenly he's a god. Boxing fans can be truly spectacular flip floppers. Bhop is a legend and HOF but different generations and the reality is both benefitted from lapses where their divisions weren't hot with talent.
                THIS

my opinion hasn't changed at all, I didn't like Bhop before and I don't now. The only difference is it seems everyones opinion has been changing since he retired.

Comment

In retrospect. There is no way they would replace Canelo with a champion bound mando or top contender so late in the game. BUT now that GGG has got this passed date over with, its all good fights from here on out!!!! Good for GGG looking more like the GGG we have all come to know and love!!! Lols

Comment

Canelo on 'cinco de Mayo' on regular HBO would've got 5 mil+, just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                      people tend to forget how much Hopkins was criticized during his mw run. His 2 biggest wins were vs Trinidad and delahoya and people criticized that because they were considered welterweights. Glen Johnson wasn't looked at as a big win at the time because Glen didn't make a name for himself until knocking out Roy yrs later. Everyone else on the mw defense record werent big names. Everyone else you mentioned happened after Hopkins moved up from mw and was over 40 yrs old. His respect started with the Tarver fight when he first moved up at the age of 41.
                      ive actually been saying that for awhile now...about hopkins mw run....but golovkin fanboys try to use it as some false equivalency for golovkins status...ive been saying that hopkins is considered a legend because of what he did after...yet somehow golovkins fans are desperate to put golovkins name next to hopkins as if it cements some legendary, ATG, status for golovkin

Comment

Working...
                      X