No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter Noncommittal Regarding IBF Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick scenario for you guys...

Would you be okay with the IBF doing something similar to what the WBC just did with Thurman, and allow GGG to give up the belt, let 2 high ranking, deserving fighters fight for it, only to be guaranteed to allow GGG that mandatory to that very same belt after his next fight?

I understand they are totally different scenarios, but like the 47 division, they have quite a few people at middleweight that are deserving and willing. So that way not EVERYONE is sitting around waiting.

Comment

• On a side note how FKN Old School is Sergiy???

Dude didnt turn down the fight for money?? GGG did! Said he wanted to be paid MORE to fight him.

Sirgiy was WILLING to fight a P4P top 3 for Vanes money AND on SHORT notice AND he just had a fight himself!!!!

He's now one of my favorite boxers.

Comment

• where is jubei and progressive jedi?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Street15 View Post
          Quick scenario for you guys...

Would you be okay with the IBF doing something similar to what the WBC just did with Thurman, and allow GGG to give up the belt, let 2 high ranking, deserving fighters fight for it, only to be guaranteed to allow GGG that mandatory to that very same belt after his next fight?

I understand they are totally different scenarios, but like the 47 division, they have quite a few people at middleweight that are deserving and willing. So that way not EVERYONE is sitting around waiting.
          I would be cool with that! The only problem is if it went to a purse bid? GGG would have to follow the challengers split %. I'm sure Sergiy would LOVE that....

Comment

Cotto was obligated to fight GGG. Step aside money was paid to GGG, so he allowed the Canelo vs Cotto fight to happen.

Canelo was obligated to fight GGG after GGG allowed that Khan fight to take place as well. He then said no more step asides

All of this was done in agreement and in conjunction with the WBC. Sulaiman already spoke on this ad nauseam.
            Again, that's not a contractual obligation. There's a difference. He was ordered to come to an agreement or vacate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
              Mr legacy though, I’m staying at 160 till i unify though, all bs excuses to never move up or down to test himself. Shameful, and even more shameful all you ggg fans ate that sh.it all the way up. Fools
              He lied and fooled his fans for years. What more evidence do you need? Passed on a chance to unify all belts with Saunders last year, passed on Saunders this year refusing to move his date to June, refused to defend against his mandatory even when they told him if you make trash vanes fight we will not approve and sanction it and it will cost you the belt.

He's a hypocrite for attacking guys like Sergio, Cotto, Canelo for being "businessmen" and not respecting boxing. Remember that load of crap. I want all the belts was always horse shyt to justify turning down better fights by moving up or down weight. He is trying to protect a money fight and ducking mandatories, refusing to take any risky fights exactly what he and his fans killed others for doing. Karma coming back and exposing him.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-02-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

GGG could just unify with the IBF champion later. He would have to get passed Canelo first though.

Comment

I’d be cool with that, just because ggg gets stripped doesn’t make him any less of a fighter or threat. That way people stay active and Gennady can get paid vs canelo, and if he wins, can go for his “dream” and try and get that belt back and then finish up with bjs... but it’ll be tough. Id be very surprised the ibf does anything close to that

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    Again, that's not a contractual obligation. There's a difference. He was ordered to come to an agreement or vacate.
                    That's the contractual obligation. The obligation is to face (insert fighter) OR lose your belt.

I get what you're saying kind of. You indeed can't MAKE someone fight someone else. You're right. I was simply saying he had no other option but to drop the belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      I would be cool with that! The only problem is if it went to a purse bid? GGG would have to follow the challengers split %. I'm sure Sergiy would LOVE that....
                      Shoot. You're right.

Comment

Working...
                      X