No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Jacobs Drops, Decisions a Very Game Maciej Sulecki

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Sulecki should go back to 154! I think he gives problems to Lara, J-Rock, or Ali! As for Jacobs, it pains me to say that he's slipping.

Jacbos is getting hit way too much, and his power is not what it use to be. Murata, Charlo, and GGG, could hurt him! Canelo, Andrade, and Saunders are all 50/50 fights. Even Jarrett Hurd would be a 50/50 fight at this point!

Jacobs is still fast, and he's still in great shape, but he's eating right hands, and his footwork is not what it used to be. If Sulecki was a body puncher, I think he could've got the decision! I think Hearn should seek a fight with Ryota Murata. I think Arum would make that a big deal in Japan! Charlo should fight Dervy in Houston for the IBF title! Hopefully we'll see Charlo vs. Jacobs in a title fight in Brooklyn in 2019!
    I think Canelo would beat him. His head movement and punch selection would put him down at least once. Canelo has some VERY good combos and usually all have a body shot in them. If they ever fought I would go all-in on Canelo.

Comment

• The only way I could see Jacobs beating Canelo if he fought like he did against GGG and Canelo had to chase after him. But when they engage??? I'll take Canelo's chin over Jacobs ALL DAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
        Sulecki is career 154 fighter.
        No, just last three fights

Comment

• Sulecki was a game solid fighter, I hope people don’t diminish Jacobs over this fight.
          Let’s be honest that was a close competitive bout, everyone knows styles make fights and it looked like the hand speed and head placement of Sulecki gave Danny problems. Sulecki was Landing clean right hand all night.
          I believed it was the body work by Jacobs sealed the fight.
          I had it 7-5 Jacobs and with the exra point in the 12th.
          It was brutal as usual listening to RJJ and POM POM Lampley telling us something different that my eyes are seeing.
          Is it really necessary to have Harold Lederman scoring anymore, it’s like a record that skips, time after time. He sounds like all pilled up every broadcast. I disagree with just about everything he says. Great fight last night.
          And that’s that 🥊

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            I think Canelo would beat him. His head movement and punch selection would put him down at least once. Canelo has some VERY good combos and usually all have a body shot in them. If they ever fought I would go all-in on Canelo.
            Canelo looked very good vs. GGG, but Jacobs has faster hands than GGG. Would be a great fight! Canelo would definitely do what Sulecki didn't, LEFT HOOK TO THE BODY! Jacobs would do what GGG didn't do enough, LEFT HOOK TO THE BODY!

Comment

• I love reading these comments!

This fight was an easy fight to score. I actually agreed with Lederman for once except I had Sukecki winning the 3rd and Jacobs winning the 10th. Jacobs was in control of the fight for the majority of the rounds. Sulecki had success because he is a really good fighter. I don't know if this was smart match making to put Jacobs in a competitive fight or a dumb one where they underestimated Sukecki. With that being said Jacobs clearly won. His counters was the sharpest I've seen. His catch and shoot was a thing beauty. It's almost like Jacobs was trying out new things last night. Don't get me wrong Sulecki was game but he had no answers. He picked his spots when he saw it but the counters had him confused. His punch output was down. Why do you think that was? He started grunting around the 8th to try and psyche himself up. I suspect he got a broken nose around the 10th. He was pawing at it and it looked oddly swollen. I saw the KD coming but Sulecki still fought on. Reminded me of Lara. Jacobs tried again too hard for the KO and lost a little bit of technique.

I have a feeling a lot of Golovkin fans can't wait for Jacobs to lose so they can say, see I told you he didn't really win. But he definitely won last night. That was a clear victory even without the KD.

Comment

• Good fight. Sulecki did very well. Max and lampley had a bias the whike fight as usual. But lets be honest Sulecki is not a true middleweight and jacobs has trouble with him. Same grief canelo and ggg recieved He should too.

Comment

• Jacobs looked sluggish , got hit a lot and he better thank god that wasn't any of the top MW in the ring with him last night. He hasn't looked good since his GGG fight and taking the fights that Hearn is getting him isn't cutting it.

HBO needs to get a new commentary team , they are horrible.

Comment

• It was a close fight. At times though, I thought that Danny appeared more bored, lethargic, listless and unfocused than usual.

I thought Jacobs needed to let his hands go more. Also, well at least to me, he was loading up one big shot at a time, in order to KO Sulecki; Something which he almost did in the 12th round.

However, I thought that Sulecki was outworking and beating Danny to the punch for most of the fight. While Jacobs on the other hand were landing the harder and cleaner shots for most of the fight.

In the end though, I just don't believe that Maciej had done enough in order to justify winning that fight. In my judgement, the right man won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      Why would you think evaluating Jacobs is an attack on GGG? That seems to be a reflection of your own doubts about GGGs resume.

The criticisms you're seeing are things that have been the knock on Danny for years. It's why he lost to Pirog and why he was dropped by Sergio Mora (think about that). It was only in the last year or two that people started giving him this "elite" tag and got amnesia about his past performances.

I've been posting about his flaws in the ring well before he fought GGG. I think people saw him fight the fight of his life against GGG and thought he'd continue to perform that way, but fighters have tendencies that don't go away. Even in the GGG fight we saw how his sloppiness and footwork hurt him. That's why he was dropped by that jab. He was completely off balance and out of position. It's a trend with him. The jab wasn't even one of GGG's best in that fight.
                      I just agree with it. He looks as if he is about to fall front as he moves. Have never seen anyone mention this here.

Comment

Working...
                      X