Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Willing to Drug Test from May to September for Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    I'll add that his training regime has been brutal as well.

He has NO clue. Most likely a teenage kid who thinks he'll feel the same 'forever'.

Got news for him - I'm 57 and even though I'm fit for my age I'm less fit than I was at 55 and way less fit than I was at, say, 47. As for 34 I was running half marathons - no chance to repeat previous times. Aging is progressive.

Hopkins was amazing and Foreman too - but I gotta think they were on something but just never got caught.
    This is all true, but to be fair I think nobody has a clue until Father Time catches up with them. And it´s not always a steady slope. Just a few years back I was schooling 25 yos playing hockey, now I´m waiting to hear if my hip can be repaired or will I need a new one. Knees and left shoulder are already complete siht. And I´m fcuking 43.. as they say, life´s a ***** and then you die. PEDs or not, I´ve learned to really appreciate guys like Hopkins and Klit bros for their long careers at the top level.

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
      power doesn't just suddenly fade off at 37
      Unless your name is Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        You really don´t know anything about boxing, aging and and staying in shape while getting older, do you?
        No I don't l. Reason I said you should tell me the decline you see in GGG. Say something real about what you have noticed about GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
          Vanes is a terrible fight. Nobody wants that. No one cares about Vanes. It's dangerous.

Now that that is out the way, it isn't likely that he will get stripped. It's actually more likely that he won't. The IBF wouldn't ask for a file exception if they were gonna strip him from the get go.

I'm guessing they let him keep it, he'll fight Canelo in September, and if Canelo decides not to fight Gennady, then GGG will unify with Saunders in the UK. Sergey will have to wait, no matter what. And the WBC, IBF, WBA will obviously sanction that Canelo fight, as well as a unification against Saunders.

the IBF stripped Fury after 8 days

Dibella said, if they refuse to defend against Derev in May..... then May 5th will become irrelevant to them, because what happens on May 6th will be far more important

wonder what he means by that ???

making Derevyanchenko wait for another 18 months+ is absurd

he should be stripped, and I am sure that he will be

the IBF stripped Fury after 8 days lol

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
            No I don't l. Reason I said you should tell me the decline you see in GGG. Say something real about what you have noticed about GGG.

I wanna hear an answer to this question as well

Golovkin's problems coincided EXACTLY with a step up in competition..... and Abel Sanchez recently stated (AFTER the Canelo fight) that he see's exactly the same Golovkin in the gym

Pac had the same problems with Bradley/Marquez/Mayweather.....
            ..... that Golovkin had with Brook/Jacobs/Canelo

#levels

Comment

GGG's obsession with Canelo is getting to be as bad as Porter's obsession with Thurman.

Comment

Lil g willing to do ANYTHING for that Nelo $$

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  I wanna hear an answer to this question as well

Golovkin's problems coincided EXACTLY with a step up in competition..... and Abel Sanchez recently stated (AFTER the Canelo fight) that he see's exactly the same Golovkin in the gym

Pac had the same problems with Bradley/Marquez/Mayweather.....
                  ..... that Golovkin had with Brook/Jacobs/Canelo

#levels
                  I'm open minded on this topic, if someone can point out the actual decline rather than going into an emotional rant. Real actual analysis.

The GGG of 2008 - 2010 is different and very visible, but for the last 4 years, it's hard to make a real case other than big speech about age.

Other fighters who rely on certain attributes easily show their decline, GGG relies on pure power first before anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonis View Post
                    i agree 100% but unfortunately Loffler wants to make it a trilogy. There will certainly be a demand for remach clause from golden boy as well if alvarez loses the fight. I much prefer to see G against other fighters im sick and tired of the chasing of the ginger diva
                    I think this whole saga of Canelo/GGG has lost its shine and people would rather see both fighters in different opposition.
                    GGG should stop chasing Canelo cause its getting very apparent its only for the money.
                    I have a feeling GGG has been a fraud all along.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      the IBF stripped Fury after 8 days

Dibella said, if they refuse to defend against Derev in May..... then May 5th will become irrelevant to them, because what happens on May 6th will be far more important

wonder what he means by that ???

making Derevyanchenko wait for another 18 months+ is absurd

he should be stripped, and I am sure that he will be

the IBF stripped Fury after 8 days lol
                      ahaha. Totallllly different situation.

The IBF stripped him because prior to the fight, they did not make the IBF aware that there was a rematch clause in the contract.

“Following the title fight between Klitschko and Fury, the IBF became aware for the first time that there was a contractual agreement between both fighters for an immediate rematch,” it said.

“There were no provisions for any rematch in the contracts which were submitted to the IBF prior to the IBF agreeing to sanction the Klitschko vs. Fury bout.”
                      In addition to that, Fury was under investigation for a hate crime. The IBF wanted to nothing to do with him and made it that much easier to ultimately decide to strip him. But again, this was just "in addition to" what the sole reason was. So please don't try to only focus on the "hate crime" reason. The focal point should be the fact that there was no provisions for a rematch prior to his Klitschko fight.

In Gennady's case, the IBF, WBC, and WBA were well aware of the rematch and they ALL sanctioned the rematch. There was absolutely NO issue there.

Totaly different situations. Night and day

Comment

Working...
                      X