Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Willing to Drug Test from May to September for Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
    I am in full favour of drug testing but exhausted with this obsession. Why should Canelo fight a true beast like GGG right off the bat after a full year off and a knee surgery?

GGG challenge Saunders, get that belt in September, beat Derevyanchenko in December or even January. Canelo is now a middleweight, he is not running away. You can fight him in May 2019 after he has had his tune up.
    Maybe he should have thought of that before he cheated?

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
      I think this whole saga of Canelo/GGG has lost its shine and people would rather see both fighters in different opposition.
      GGG should stop chasing Canelo cause its getting very apparent its only for the money.
      I have a feeling GGG has been a fraud all along.
      GGG has fought more top ten fighters than anyone in boxing right now and he destroyed them all in average 4 rounds. He had to get 35 years old for a p*ssy outweighting him +15 pounds to go the distance and an other p*ssy by running for 12 rounds like floyd. This dont sound like a fraud to me.
      I would reserve the word fraud for fighters like Ward for example

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
        I think this whole saga of Canelo/GGG has lost its shine and people would rather see both fighters in different opposition.
        GGG should stop chasing Canelo cause its getting very apparent its only for the money.
        I have a feeling GGG has been a fraud all along.
        GGG is not a fraud, he's just a hypocrite! He calls out 154 to 168, but no Canelo at 155, and no Ward @ 168! Then he disses Canelo for fighting Khan, and then turns around and fights Brook @ 160. He just had to fight Dominic Wade because he was the mandatory, but he didn't fight Dervy when he was the mandatory! Remember "GGG is not businessman?" Now he's chasing a drug-cheat, who isn't a title-holder @ 160! Why? Because it's all about BUSINESS!

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
          I'm open minded on this topic, if someone can point out the actual decline rather than going into an emotional rant. Real actual analysis.

The GGG of 2008 - 2010 is different and very visible, but for the last 4 years, it's hard to make a real case other than big speech about age.

Other fighters who rely on certain attributes easily show their decline, GGG relies on pure power first before anything else.

not sure about that

he was fighting made-to-order opponents who were " available "

and why go back to 2008 ?

Golovkin was a killer against Lemieux and Dominic Wade..... his struggles started in the following 3 fights when he stepped up in class with Brook, Jacobs, Canelo

it was the step-up in levels/styles that gave Golovkin problems in those fights

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
            ahaha. Totallllly different situation.

The IBF stripped him because prior to the fight, they did not make the IBF aware that there was a rematch clause in the contract.

In addition to that, Fury was under investigation for a hate crime. The IBF wanted to nothing to do with him and made it that much easier to ultimately decide to strip him. But again, this was just "in addition to" what the sole reason was. So please don't try to only focus on the "hate crime" reason. The focal point should be the fact that there was no provisions for a rematch prior to his Klitschko fight.

In Gennady's case, the IBF, WBC, and WBA were well aware of the rematch and they ALL sanctioned the rematch. There was absolutely NO issue there.

Totaly different situations. Night and day

ok

the IBF refused to sanction Vanes

I think he will be stripped if he fights anyone other than Derev

especially come September

Dibella mentioned that he will act on May 6th, and he said the last thing the IBF want are more legal problems

it was in a recent Seckback video

they will probably strip that boy, and good job

shht, or get off the pot

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              GGG is not a fraud, he's just a hypocrite! He calls out 154 to 168, but no Canelo at 155, and no Ward @ 168! Then he disses Canelo for fighting Khan, and then turns around and fights Brook @ 160. He just had to fight Dominic Wade because he was the mandatory, but he didn't fight Dervy when he was the mandatory! Remember "GGG is not businessman?" Now he's chasing a drug-cheat, who isn't a title-holder @ 160! Why? Because it's all about BUSINESS!

I don't think he is anything like the killer they painted him out to be

Golovkin would not fight the mover/spoilers, but him and his team were more than happy to criticize those guys and throw them under a bus for their "boring" style

that whole team is full-of-it, but Golovkin is Captain Bullshht

very good, yes..... fearless killer, no

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Golovkin would not fight the mover/spoilers, but him and his team were more than happy to criticize those guys and throw them under a bus for their "boring" style

At least you acknowledge that he's very good! He avoided Ward because he was waiting on Cotto and Canelo, 2 smaller guys who make a lot of money! He fought Brook in the UK, because he was a smaller guy coming up to 160, and he sells a lot of tickets in the UK. And now, when he had choices between Andrade (southpaw, no), Zurdo (too big, no), and Dervy (no excuses), he's fighting Vanes Martirosyan (seriously???), a smaller guy who poses no threat. Why? Because he doesn't want to risk a loss while waiting on Canelo, the cash cow! GGG is "business man," and has been for a long time!

Comment

ok

the IBF refused to sanction Vanes

I think he will be stripped if he fights anyone other than Derev

especially come September

Dibella mentioned that he will act on May 6th, and he said the last thing the IBF want are more legal problems

it was in a recent Seckback video

they will probably strip that boy, and good job

shht, or get off the pot
                  Wait....you're all over the place. So you think they will strip him now? Or after this fight?

Why would they strip him for fighting Canelo when they made it clear they were, are, and will sanction that rematch?? You don't sanction a fight, then strip someone of that very same fight.

And he very well may get stripped. I'm not saying it's impossible. But you're talking as though he got stripped already. Almost hoping for it. LOL. Which is a bit odd.

The IBF has never enforced a mandatory with 3 weeks left until fight night. They know better than that.

You say they will strip him if he fights anybody other than Derev but.....Unless they refuse to sanction a Canelo rematch or a Saunders unification fight (which they already agreed they would) I don't see how they can strip him. And he already is going to fight Vanes, they refused to sanction it and are looking for an exception. So with him officially fighting Vanes, why didn't they strip him already?
                  Last edited by Street15; 04-23-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Exactly what movers/spoilers did he choose not to fight that he was in line to fight? Who exactly was he SUPPOSE to fight that he didn't fight that was a mover/spoiler?

I really hope you aren't talking about anybody that was in 154. Because he has no obligation to fight any of those guys until they move up and are placed as a #1 challenger. Until then, it's all talk, and all conjecture.

And certainly you can't be talking about the Saunders fight. That's a unification bout that just hasn't materialized.....yet.

And I think Willie Monroe is as slick as they come... at 160. He lost to Saunders, but he's still a slick mover.

I can't think of anyone else at 160 over the last 2 years that were movers outside of Saunders.

If Saunders or Lara or Monroe were his #1 challengers and he kept paying step aside money when there wasn't really a big fight awaiting him or if he vacated his belt - then I would definitely agree that he won't fight movers or spoilers. I would hate for any boxer to do that. GGG is no exception. He'd be called a ducker.

I just can't label anyone a ducker unless they are SUPPOSE to fight someone, then find a way out of it - either vacating, or some other blatant move that says " I don't want to fight anyone with this style".

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      Actually the title is misleading.

What team Golovkin said is that they expect Canelo to prove he's clean and do drug testing from now on until the fight.

Golovkin is already doing 365 testing so the title is misleading.
                      That's what confused me??? I read it that GGG only does VADA when fights are signed and not year round?

Comment

Working...
                      X