Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: Bring on Golovkin - I Want That Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Charlo is a hell of a threat to be the best MW. That said, need him to fight better quality fighters in next few fights. Anybody who thinks he is fighting GGG any time soon has their head up their rear. As I said almost a year ago a Golovkin fight might happen in 2019. At this point, if it does happen, it is almost a certainty that it won't happen any time sooner. Golovkin will face Canelo most likely in Sept and then Saunders next. So best case for Charlo is mid 2019. Even then Golovkin has other options, rematch vs. Jacobs (that would be more lucrative of a fight) or even Derevy. Golovkin may also move up. Of course this all assumes he wins those fights which he may not.

A Golovkin-Charlo fight would be fun to watch. The best way Charlo can expedite this fight IMO is to fight Jacobs. Saunders would be a good fight but that won't happen. Saunders has a big pay day vs. GGG/Canelo so he'll wait.

The Golovkin haters of course will blame GGG for everything. If you dare suggest Jacobs-Charlo they'll cry that Charlo is the #1 and doesn't need to fight Jacobs (or vice versa). The MW division has the potential to be a very fun division right now. It isn't just dependent on GGG making good fights. He has one last crack with Canelo. Make the fight in September or get moving. As for the rest in the division step it up too.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      True. GGG is tied up until early 2019 at the earliest and even then Saunders is the fight in the division for the GGG-Clenelo winner.

In the meantime Charlo should step up. Jacobs I'm sure would be down but he seems intimidated by Jacobs.
      I said this same thing . . . well before the first Canelo-Golovkin fight. The same putz GGG haters cried like a bunch of women that I suggested the best path for Charlo would be to fight Jacobs. That it would build his name recognition and pedigree. It would be his best means to get Golovkin. Beating the guy that a lot of people (not me) believed beat Golovkin.

It was also not likely GGG would fight Charlo until probably 2019.

Comment

• 9 months later and nothing has changed. Charlo needs a much bigger opponent in his next fight. Jacobs is that guy IMO.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...Charlo&page=10

Comment

• Cracks me up all these mfers saying Charlo is going to KO Golovkin. Hate makes these fools talk right out of their asses.

Comment

• The King Must Wait

Seems to me that the fighter with the most belts should be able to wait for the up-comers to fight each other and then fight the winner of those "qualifiers". So with that in mind Charlo and Daniel Jacobs should fight each other with the winner fighting Canelo Alvarez. The winner of that should fight Billy Joe Saunders and the winner of that fights GGG. Its an elimination just like in so many other sports.
            HOWEVER! GGG is too old to be waiting for all of this to play out so I would say he should fight the holder of the only belt he doesn't have, Billy Joe Saunders. Win that and retire baby. He's the best, but father time will not wait.
            In my humble opinion the sport of boxing suffers from three things you don't see in other sports and it hinders the adoption of the sport by more fans.
            1. What other sport has many months and even years before top opponents face one another? I mean if a fighter is beaten up badly its understandable to have long recovers, but otherwise ....fight!
            2. Drug test these guys more frequently and with a violation even more frequently whether they're suspended or not. Cheating cannot be tolerated.
            3. Try to eliminate the nonsense trash talk between fighters. GGG shows us how.
            Last edited by Mostovnik; 04-23-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
              Who does??
              Good question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
                You know what's really funny though...people hate on GGG for fighting Vanes (and admittedly I would like to see him fight Dervy if Dervy really wants it). But most people agree that Vanes is the same level as Trout...who is Charlo's only real opponent lol. Kind of funny when you think of it like that.

And hard to call a guy a slow footed robot when he is able to walk down every guy he has ever fought, no problems...anyway I hope we see the fight soon, I know you're just a troll anyway :0
                Jacobs didn't get walked down neither did Nelo, only the lesser opponents have....

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                  And all this being said by you while hyping an unaccomplished and easily hit mw lol. Charlo gets handled by jacobs and GGG. The two best mw out there. And of course GGG beat a LHW jacobs. None of these others including Canelo beats Jacobs.
                  You got some bad choices....after all this is done I'm a call you one luck chuck....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    Charlo vs Jacobs for right to fight the king GGG.

Charlo still needs a marquee win.
                    lil g aint a king. Jermall/Jacobs happens when the 2 are the top 3 in the division.

Stop protecting lil g. #Lions Only!

Comment

• Originally posted by genrick View Post
                      I don't know what protection this clown is mentioning.
                      Don't you speak english? I already mentioned, "I hope the fight happens." So I can finally see this Charlo in a real manly fight.
                      His best win was an unstable Williams.
                      He moved up fighting a one-legged opponent.
                      And that was okay with you clowns.
                      Why would GGG need protection from a bum killer?
                      In contrast, you want 3G to move up and fight the huge #2 p4p Ward.
                      Kills me with these fake fans.
                      S.O.G. was #1 as soon as Floyd left & offered the fight to lil g but lil g & his team said aw hell no! Jermall is licking his chops while lil g is looking like a lil b*tch....lol

Comment

Working...
                      X