Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    What are you risking by moving the start time to accommodate American TV? You can still do all the British TV, Sky Sports, yada yada. Everything remains the same in the UK except the time the fights starts. Is AJ not a big enough star over there for folks to sit up late and watch him fight?
    Again because they would lose the guarantee British PPV buys, they are not prepared to take that chance. If they were then they would have done that with Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
      You are an absolute HIT KING with this post! This is always my go to argument concerning Wilder - but its simply ignored. KING MAYWEATHER and his humble beginnings started somewhere. NOW look at his pockets. Not saying, Wilder will get anywhere close at the age of 33......but who's to say and to put a limit....

Wilders just as WORTHY as AJ in the skilz dept., he's put in just as much work in the gym, and more importantly its a LEGACY FIGHT for AJ! AJ doesnt seem the least bit interested and DOES SEEM SCARED (if he's not is a different story), while Wilder KNOWS in his heart he can beat this kid (if he can remains to be seen). Lets see...

This popularity thing is unbelievable! Wilder isnt a draw?! He is NOW for ALL TRUE boxing fans, thats why the AJ supporters make it their top priority to discredit him....the more they do it, the more they believe their assertions stick on everyone who disagrees - it won't! Deep down, they even can't wait for it to happen..

Mainstream public being aware?? I'll have to admit no.

This fight is for us though - both sides of the fan base!

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, how much MORE do the Hearn-Team NEED & WANT? Isnt there such a thing as "enough money(?)" They act like theyre DESTITUTE......what about legacy?
      You always write rubbish all the time.
      Why not give AJ X3 flat fee of his regular purse and let the fight be signed.
      If it's all about legacy, what is stopping your champ to sign the contract and prove to the world he is the undisputed champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
        All I want to know... Is where these undisputable facts are here for this fight selling well as PPV in the states??

Wilder has never sold a PPV in his career... AJ would do bad numbers too because his market penetration in the US is non existent.

US PPV costs like 50/60 bucks... You think showtime would charge less? Pfft... No one is gonna pay that US PPV price for two fighters they don't know because guess what.. the majority of the US buying public is casual too...it is all over the world!!

One guy on here's talking about why would putting fight back to midnight hurt it in the UK? Do you know nothing of our culture? The fights are on Saturday nights... The vast majority of buyers are casuals meaning they buy the fight and then go out drinking.. if you postpone it to midnight then voila.. no drinking and trust me the UK public would always pick going to the pub and watching it there or getting the result in a notification on there phone's than miss out on a night on the piss.

The fight sells **** all in the USA.. quote me now and have it as a sig when I'm right.

Yeah he wants them to put the fight 6 hours forward to accommodate American audience, so basically he wants networks to lose those guarantee buys from the UK and hope the American audiences who have never paid for a Joshua or Wilder fight would buy it. Do this posters really think they know more than TV executives, lawyers, marketing executives etc?

If it’s that simple then they would have done that for Wilder, if this was Mayweather then of course, but we are talking about an American that the American public isn’t in to yet. Even mike Tyson would make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
          I hope not. I really want to see this fight.
          Fair enough, you can help us make the fight. Am happy to hear this.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Life ain't fair, and Joshua's 2X is much harder to get. Ever hear the saying that going from very good to great is much harder than average to very good.

That is the price of being on the high end already only so much higher one can go, and unless Joshua opens up new markets that number will be rather stagnate, which is why it is worth paying Wilder, sooner or later.

They can dance around for a bit and the pie is only getting bigger as long as no one flubs it up which is possible for both men.
            Now in defence of wilder, you want to refer to him as average.
            Wilder is not the only fighter that can help AJ open new market in America.
            Undefeated miller can do absolutely the same as wilder. AJ has options to open market.

Comment

• "Joshua has overpaid his opponents. He overpaid Charles Martin, he overpaid Dillian Whyte, he overpaid Breazeale, he overpaid Takam, he overpaid Parker. We ain't doing it again. We're not going to overpay Deontay Wilder for this fight."

Ohhh riiight....they suddenly became business savvy when they got to Wilder....lol Hearn is such a conman.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan4ever View Post
                How deluded you are ... Hearn just does not want his man to be knocked out, because Joshua's biggest test is Wilder, and Hearn knows that he is most likely knocked out, it's obvious that after he knocks out his Man to top it off will pay a good slice of the cake ... Wilder should forget about Hearn and Joshua and create with The Gypsy King the scaffolding for a massive confrontation .... 2 billboards with Wilder defending his title and Fury of co-starring. ... and from there for Las Vegas to the great contest of the True Champion against the Linear Champion !! Joshua does not have anyone else to make a huge ticket with Wilder and Fury .....!

If wilder kniws his role and understands joshua calks the shots he can get a career payday.

If not, wilder can keep making 2 million Hahah

How pathetic wilder is compared to joshua. Uglier dumber and poorer. Poor guy! 2 million vs 20 million hahahah wilder must feel like such a sucka fo life and a 2 pump chump bwahahag.

JUST KNOW UR ROLE, BOY!!33
                Last edited by Cheek busting; 04-21-2018, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  "Joshua has overpaid his opponents. He overpaid Charles Martin, he overpaid Dillian Whyte, he overpaid Breazeale, he overpaid Takam, he overpaid Parker. We ain't doing it again. We're not going to overpay Deontay Wilder for this fight."

Ohhh riiight....they suddenly became business savvy when they got to Wilder....lol Hearn is such a conman.
                  He is a ****en conman.

As I said earlier, Joshua and Hearn have this coming week to try to cut a deal with Wilder or he will be exorcized from the boxing world as a living breathing coward.

He can go ahead and keep robbing his fans because if they're gullible enough to keep buying that boring **** then you get what you deserve. He can fight old Headvetkin and Whyte again and pray that Fury makes it back.

Joshua's career is a fascade. It's smoke and mirrors. Frauds don't last in boxing. They always get exposed, lmao. You have one week before I never utter your cowardly name in the boxing world again.

And ugly ass tiny teef Hearn, you're one of the most detestable people in boxing right now. You know Joshua can't speak a ****en thought with any sense, so you speak for him. You tried to talk tough to Parker's promoter. He should've smacked you with his dick lmao.

Comment

• Kinda does seem like total bias to me that Joshua is getting all the hate here.

Yes that first offer from Hearn was bull**** and a flat fee for a fight of this magnitude should never fly but it was a first offer... a first offer is always low. The expectation in any negotiation is that the first offer will not be accepted and a compromise is then usually met that suits both parties. Yet so far Wilder's team haven't turned up to the party with a counter offer... Yes Hearn has talked about being out in NY so hoping for a face-to-face to discuss but again that is something that he himself has instigated and not Wilder's team.

Finkel himself said that he'd have a counter offer to Joshua over a week ago? Where's is that? Why doesn't that bother any of you? The ball is just in much, if not more, in Wilder's court with regards to this fight happening yet all i'm seeing here is constant discussion about Joshua stopping the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
                      I never said neglect anything. The business aspect is of course important. Its one of the reasons Wilder isn't settling for Hearns silly take it or leave flat fee offer. Oscar didnt do that for GGG/Canelo, Team-Mayweather didnt "force" anything down Pacs throat. So why should Wilder accept? He's fought hard to be where he is, his championship status wasn't given to him. Simply because his potential foe is rich doesnt mean that he's a better fighter, it just means he was managed properly and he's in a location where fans are yearning for a champion to lose their minds over. Close to "equal" fair pay is the "champions" goal right now for Wilder.....of course business is important.

The point is, AJ is RICH and he's focusing more on being MORE RICH instead of focusing on defending his championship status, which many believe is bogus (people are gonna believe what they want). AJ will still get his highest paycheck to add with all his other MANY 8 figure checks - he's set for life financially! Why is it that this is STILL such a priority for him!? He'll get paid waaay AFTER fighting Wilder - against somebody else. Yet "money" - that aspect of the "business" - is all Hearn & AJ is preocupied with?!?
                      .......Hearn was the one who said, "risk free fights." I didn't. I suggest u find out what HE means. As far as I'm concerned, Wilder has 20 more fights experience over AJ ("risk free" is synonomous with "tomato cans" - to me). Again, you can ask Hearn what he means after he takes his foot out his mouth.....
                      So all these epistle you wrote is to convince me that the man with 4 belts is not entitled to ask for more money cos he is earning high already.
                      He has not even earn as high as the money man or pac man. It's not his fault wilder is a low earner, that's because he never fought fighters within top 10 and he didn't try to unify belts 3yrs after being a champ.
                      It's nobody's fault but him and his team.
                      You can't be requesting for X10 or more of your payday and want the guy with the majority of the belt take home barely X2.
                      It doesn't work that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X