Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Martirosyan Finalized For May 5 on HBO, StubHub

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    You are CORRECT.

They've also just posted Vanes will be fighting for a chance to win the

IBO
    WBA
    WBC
    MW titles.

IBF is NOT listed.
    yup ..... just waiting to see if IBF has balls or no balls at this point

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
      hes a top 5 pfp fighters, thats what theyre supposed to do, not fight a guy in a lower weight class who hasnt fought in 2 years
      Look at the current top10 P4P. Who has faced tougher opposition in his last 2?

And he was fighting a fellow P4Per before the guy tested positive for PEDs. Vanes is a a replacement they announced less than 3 weeks away from the fight.

Have we previously gotten great fights out of last minute replacements? Sure - Vitali vs Lewis springs to mind. Most of them are pretty bad though, and this one is either about the same or even slightly better than typical replacements.

Comment

• I got my duckets for the fight. Going to the track for Kentucky Derby day to win some cash then going to the fight afterwards. Going to be an awesome day. Heard Chacolatito is fighting on the undercard. Cant wait!

Comment

• I give the guy a pass it aint his fault fans got screwed out of the canelo fight this is just a stay busy fight

is it a pointless fight? yes but the whole event became pointless once canelo pulled out anyway Golovkin will have bigger fights further down the line

Comment

• Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            But he had a really close fight with Jermell Charlo and Lara in 2015 and 2016. Id take that over a guy who has been KO'd by Eubank
            Ummm you do know this is 2018???

Let's not forget 2 years off and moving UP in weight with now 16 days to train. If THAT!! More like 8-12 good days with rest...

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
              They couldn't even afford to stack the main event. Not enough money in the budget for it.
              You right but they could still put on go no name brawlers from Mexico. I would be content with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                Look at the current top10 P4P. Who has faced tougher opposition in his last 2?

And he was fighting a fellow P4Per before the guy tested positive for PEDs. Vanes is a a replacement they announced less than 3 weeks away from the fight.

Have we previously gotten great fights out of last minute replacements? Sure - Vitali vs Lewis springs to mind. Most of them are pretty bad though, and this one is either about the same or even slightly better than typical replacements.
                We get it!!! You dont give a *** who GGG fights as long as it's a body.

Hellen Keller your like HELL YEAH!!!
                Ol Yeller! *** that dog! Team GGG
                Bruce Jenner!!! GGG knocks his dic off...

Comment

• I hope Martirosyan does better than I expect him to else they should have cancelled Saunder's Murray bout to have GGG fight Saunders next. Does anybody remember Calzaghe vs Manfredo? That was a waste of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Ummm you do know this is 2018???

Let's not forget 2 years off and moving UP in weight with now 16 days to train. If THAT!! More like 8-12 good days with rest...
                    Hey im not saying its a good fight but its better than Spike; and dont forget this **** is all clenelo's fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      yup ..... just waiting to see if IBF has balls or no balls at this point
                      They have no choice by their OWN rules. Sergiey is throwing a HUGE fit for GOOD reason and is not gonna wait until 2019. The IBF HAS to strip him.

Comment

Working...
                      X