Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Martirosyan Finalized For May 5 on HBO, StubHub

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious what the tickets were selling for, seem pretty ridiculously high. Lowest $53 to stand. North of $200 to get a seat. It is a small place but that seems pretty steep for the match-up and not knowing the undercard.

Comment

• In all honesty Golovkin was well into his training camp focusing on Canelo and making any drastic changes could have been costly. I don't blame GGG for taking this fight, matter of fact I'll let it slide because of the circumstances. I'll be interested in his next fight though. Will he face Canelo, Saunders, or give Sergiy his shot. That's what matters. May 5th will be a stay busy fight which he needs at 36.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
        Just curious what the tickets were selling for, seem pretty ridiculously high. Lowest $53 to stand. North of $200 to get a seat. It is a small place but that seems pretty steep for the match-up and not knowing the undercard.
        If Chocolatito fights on the under-card I can see those prices being justified.

Comment

• GGG should be Ashamed to take this BS

They claim they cannot take a tough fight on short notice, but Vanes is jumping a division, to fight the number one p4p fighter, on a few weeks notice. Yet GGG can’t be asked to fight a top contender at 160 on the same notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
            If Chocolatito fights on the under-card I can see those prices being justified.
            He's fighting Pedro Guevara on the undercard

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
              Derevyanchenko? Man, 90% of the posters even spouting this guy's name have probably Never seen him fight at all. Let's be honest, most posters are just looking for an excuse to nag on Golovkin.

How is it Canelo's fault? Are you serious? He got caught with PEDs and had to back off from the fight 1-month prior to. This whole scenario is team Canelo's fault.

Why don't we go through the list of notable fighters who couldn't take the fight with 1 month notice:

Danny Jacobs - signed for a fight, and already stated he wouldn't have taken it in such short notice

Jermall Charlo - signed for a fight already

Saunders - signed for a fight with Martin Murray

Canelo - obviously, had to back off the fight

Those are the certain top 4 opponents he could pick. What other top middleweights can you name that would have taken the fight 1 month in advance, or that you'd truly like to see?

You can criticize team Golovkin depending on their next opponent, heck, I'll join you if it's a bum/no-hoper, but considering he fought Jacobs-Canelo back-to-back, and was signed to rematch Canelo, I'd say he's done enough to warrant people shutting up for this fight at the least, which was entirely last minute.
              idc what 90% posters whatever.....

you are throwing out assumptions....

here are some facts....

derevyanchenko is his mando
              derevyanchenko said that they are ready to go for may 5th
              golovkin's team willingly picked vanes, a career 154 lbr, to fight at middleweight and the ibf wouldnt even sanction the fight.
              it doesnt matter if its at the last minute as long as the replacement, derevyanchenko, is the one who is ok with it.
              golovkin has had a full training camp, so that last minute switch bs is just a nonsense excuse

now if you reply please refute these facts 1st

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                They claim they cannot take a tough fight on short notice, but Vanes is jumping a division, to fight the number one p4p fighter, on a few weeks notice. Yet GGG can’t be asked to fight a top contender at 160 on the same notice.
                is this THEE progressive jedi?

am I reading this right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  Or Derevyanchenko could get his shot. I'm cool with either one.
                  Has to be Saunders or Derevyanchenko next for me. If Golovkin starts talking about Canelo in September he needs to be stripped... I can get he wants them Canelo $s to retire on, but he has no business holding up the contenders in the division from getting their chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                    well hes a 154 pounder, gg has never been dropped, 1 tko in 5 years yet he has a punchers chance somehow...

"There's nothing to complain about here." lmao good lord
                    Sigh, this gets tiring. Here's a link to the current table of champions: http://boxrec.com/en/champions

Outside of Rungvisai who should get a gold star, find me a couple of guys who have taken on more difficult opposition than Golovkin in the last 2 fights.

Save your outrage for Max Bursaks, Jamie Munguia, Rupert Murdoch and Alexander Brands of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      Has to be Saunders or Derevyanchenko next for me. If Golovkin starts talking about Canelo in September he needs to be stripped... I can get he wants them Canelo $s to retire on, but he has no business holding up the contenders in the division from getting their chances.
                      Agreed. The Golovkin and Canelo nonsense has slowed the division down way too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X