No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Rejects The Idea of Facing Gassiev in Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Usyk Rejects The Idea of Facing Gassiev in Russia

As previously reported, the world cruiserweight champion of the World Boxing Organization (WBO) and the World Boxing Council (WBC), Olkesandr Usyk of Ukraine, withdrew from a scheduled fight with IBF, WBA world champion Murat Gassiev. Usyk, who suffered a minor elbow injury, was scheduled to fight Gassiev next month in Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow!!! Wow...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      But the location does not sit very well for Usyk, who rejects the idea of facing Gassive on his home turf.

"Most likely, I will be ready to fight by the end of June or the start of July, and [the fight] will not be Russia. Of course, it could take place in Russia, but then [the fight] would be without Olekandr Usyk," said Usyk to Ukrainian Sport.
      Seems perfectly reasonable.

If he loses a bum decision, the only winners are the promoters and Gassiev, Usyk's career would hit a brick wall and he'd have to work his way back up and he'd take a massive loss on potential earnings.

He isn't asking for it to be in his home country, only that it is an even playing field in neutral territory. The Russians trying to buy this fight can **** themsevles with a broken bottle of vodka.

Comment

I can understand why. Ballsy of him to walk away from such a payday, think they talked about the fight costing ~20-25m, that's most likely ~7-10m for him

Comment

Why would he ? Who the fug would fight at the home of state sanctioned cheating ever since the days of bearded women Olympians, that and the fact they invaded his country lol

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            I can understand why. Ballsy of him to walk away from such a payday, think they talked about the fight costing ~20-25m, that's most likely ~7-10m for him
            Not even close

And he’s not walking away they’re still deciding on the location.

Comment

Acting like a diva already?

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                Aint that much money in a usky fight

Comment

Makes sense. The contract was for a neutral venue for the final and then to change it last minute to the other guys backyard is sort of unfair.

Comment

Wow. I thought Usyk would fight anybody anywhere. Maybe it's a political thing.

He is not very feel for Russia.

Comment

Working...
                    X