No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Rejects The Idea of Facing Gassiev in Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    Acting like a diva would be refusing to fight overseas and nearly exclusively fight out of Oakland with paid off judges and reff, not fighting in your opponents backyard over half a dozen occasions in world title fights.
    You obviously have no clue about Ukrainian/Russian Politics, typical fat ignorant yank eh? nice to see people keeping up the stereotype
    Oh I get it. Andre Ward is a diva but Usyk isn't.

And Wilder will get crap despite wanting to fight Povetkin in Russia and even flying to Europe early in preparation. But Usyk won't get crap.

I see how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

And Wilder will get crap despite wanting to fight Povetkin in Russia and even flying to Europe early in preparation. But Usyk won't get crap.

I see how it is.
      Usyk has fought in way more countries than Ward

Comment

Usyk has fought his two WBSS fights in the opponent's backyard. It's unfair for him to do it a third time.

The fight doesn't even have to take place in the Ukraine, but just make it somewhere neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
          Usyk has fought in way more countries than Ward
          Because it's hard to beat 1

ShoulderRoll Wilder has no option in the matter, povetkin was mandatory, he either had to drop the belt or go to Russia. i have no idea what that has to do with you implying Usyk is a diva for fighting in his last 4/5 fights:

Undefeated World champion Glowacki in Poland
          Undefeated World champion Breidis in Latvia
          Former World champ Huck in Germany
          Undefeated Michael Hunter in the USA

what a diva, he should of stayed in Kiev with paid off judges and reff instead for his entire career

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I see how it is.
            Yet you are in here hinting that it's unfair to label Ward a diva yet your first response in the thread was to call Usyk a diva. I see how it is. It's even worse than labeling someone a diva to complain at others for doing it whilst also doing it yourself.

Usyk went to hostile territories to win the WBO title (Poland), his first fight of this series (Germany) and to win the WBC title in the semi final (Latvia). It's only fair a final is on neutral turf and given the political aspect of things it's also reasonable for Usyk to have some paranoia about getting a fair shake in a fight that's most likely to be close fought and go the distance.

You are being a hypocrite.

Comment

People in Ukraine are very angry about Russia these days.
              He would be crucified by his own folks if he just hinted about going to Russia.

Comment

I don’t blame him at all. I know Saudi Arabia is too neutral but having it in Russia should be a no no. Take it to Germany, Sweden, Denmark etc anywhere but Russia.

Comment

Don't get the complaints, he's fought for all his titles in his opponent's backyard and now he is on EQUAL footing with Gassiev (both 2 belts each) and I'd wager Usyk is more of the A-side.

It would be a diva move if he wanted it in HIS country, all he is asking is that the biggest fight of his career and the biggest fight in the CW division (all 4 belts) NOT be held in his opponent's backyard, that's not even considering the political aspect between Russia / Ukraine.

Usyk's path to victory will likely be a decision, good luck getting a fair shake in enemy territory, he'd have to win 8-10 rounds convincingly.

Neutral territory......is it that much to ask? Anyone who disagrees isn't even a boxing fan but a biased little bytch, boxing fans should demand fights be held in neutral territory after all the robberies that go on.

Comment

Working...
                  X