Comments Thread For: Usyk Rejects The Idea of Facing Gassiev in Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    Not even close

And he’s not walking away they’re still deciding on the location.
    What's not even close? Russian Fed rep said they're making a bid of $20-25M for this fight. $7.5M each to Gassiev/Usyk leaves $10M to pay for stadium, licensing fees and promotion.

Maybe it will be $5M each, but that's still 'close'.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      he schooled people in their hometown and him asking the fight to be somewhere else is being a diva?

Ask Wilder.
      Ask Wilder what? He was going to fight Povetkin in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Acting like a diva already?
        Acting like a diva would be refusing to fight overseas and nearly exclusively fight out of Oakland with paid off judges and reff, not fighting in your opponents backyard over half a dozen occasions in world title fights.
        You obviously have no clue about Ukrainian/Russian Politics, typical fat ignorant yank eh? nice to see people keeping up the stereotype

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          Acting like a diva would be refusing to fight overseas and nearly exclusively fight out of Oakland with paid off judges and reff, not fighting in your opponents backyard over half a dozen occasions in world title fights.

You obviously have no clue about Ukrainian/Russian Politics, typical fat ignorant yank eh? nice to see people keeping up the stereotype
          Yeah being a fatyank he probably doesn't, but how about educating me. I understand that Usyk is a pro russian from eastern ukraine or Crimea. If so then why would he feel on foreign ground fighting in Russia? I would think that the russian fans, if they are interested in politics, would support him or at the very least not be against him.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Yeah being a fatyank he probably doesn't, but how about educating me. I understand that Usyk is a pro russian from eastern ukraine or Crimea. If so then why would he feel on foreign ground fighting in Russia? I would think that the russian fans, if they are interested in politics, would support him or at the very least not be against him.
            Because he would get a backlash for going to Russia considering there are major talks agains each and every sportsman from Ukraine who is taking a part in a stage in Russia of World Tournaments let alone in a tournament which takes place in Russia as a whole.
            And if he looses there he will get hell back at home.

Comment

I don’t blame Usyk. I think for a tourney final the match should take place in a neutral country if possible.

As long as the fight happens I don’t care where it is, gonna be one of the best fights of the year

Comment

Fight in Wembley Stadium. Plenty of Russians and Ukrainians in London who would love it.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I thought Usyk was a pro russian from eastern Ukraine?
                  Hell no. Opposite

"Roughly one month after the annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation Usyk declared (on 28 April 2014) he would never exchange his Ukrainian citizenship for a Russian one and that he will always consider Crimea a part of Ukraine"

Comment

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Seems to apply to more than a few Wilder fans in here

Comment

Originally posted by stellen View Post
                      I dont blame the lad. You only go to corrupt russia for a payday. If you want to engage in a fair and reputable boxing contest DO NOT go to corrupt russia.
                      Why, how many robberies has there been in Russia?

The one place no international fighter should go is the US. Now that is a corrupt country if ever there was one.

Comment

Working...
                      X