Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nelson: If Wilder Turns Down Joshua Offer - It Doesn't Look Good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
    I’m sorry but no. Offering someone 10 million more than they’ve ever made is definitely worth their time. Especially when you’ve said time and time again it’s not about money.
    Yep but all you will get is Wilder shouting Bombsquad and signing to fight Breazeale meanwhile telling all of these 'Khanlike cretins' that Anothony Joshua ducked him and is running scared .....I honestly can't make head nor arse of it.

Comment

Anybody with sense knows that flat fee offers for a fight that is guaranteed to do big ppv numbers is a creative way of ducking or pushing back a fight. When mayweather offered it to pac its because they didn't want the fight at that time. Pac wound up making 4 times as much as the flat fee offer when they eventually fought. Same exact scenario when Canelo offered ggg a flat fee and now with Joshua offering it to wilder. They don't want the fight yet but want to go back and tell the people who don't know any better, hey, we made an offer and they declined.

Comment

Marquez: Canelo's Flat Fee Offer is a Way To Avoid Golovkin!

By Miguel Rivera
        October 2, 2016:

"They are really punishing Gennady Golovkin [by offering a flat fee] .... because it's just a way to avoid to Golovkin, .it's a way of saying we do not want the fight. We are not going to pay you that much, would you like to accept it?" Go ahead. Logically they can generate $200 or 300 million [from the pay-per-view event], which is just an estimate," Marquez told Golpe a Golpe.

"If the fight will generate a certain amount, they have to pay Golovkin well, because Canelo is not the only one in the fight. Canelo Alvarez is the one with the popularity, but he has to accept the contest with Golovkin if he wants to prove that he's the best in the division. So if they offer Golovkin 30, 35, 40% [I think the fight will get done]."

https://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-...lovkin--109369

Comment

Hunter Says Canelo is Doing Golovkin Dirty With Flat Fee Offer

By Miguel Rivera
          February 20, 2017

The big issue in finalizing Canelo-Golovkin for this coming September is the money. Canelo has offered Golovkin a flat fee - while Golovkin wants a reasonable percentage of the revenue. Golovkin reportedly rejected as much as $10 to 15 million.

Hunter agrees with Golovkin's position. He feels Golovkin is a big enough draw, and a big enough name, to receive a percentage.

Several years ago, Manny Pacquiao rejected a flat fee of $40 million to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. At that time, Pacquiao had never made that type of payday for a single fight. Pacquiao stood his ground, and in 2015 - when they finally fought - he walked away with well over $100 million based on a 60-40 percentage split.

Hunter believes Canelo and his team are killing time while waiting for the near 35-year-old fighter to get old.

"I just heard today [Canelo made an offer to Golovkin]... $15 million, you take it or leave it. I think even that is unfair, because you wouldn't make what you're going to make without [Golovkin's] popularity. If he wasn't who he was, you wouldn't be making what you're making. It's a leverage thing right now. It's pretty simple, they are just waiting until he gets old or hope that somebody knocks him off or something like that," Hunter said to Villainfy Media.

https://www.boxingscene.com/hunter-s...-offer--113789

Comment

Originally posted by Tygshsu View Post
            CBS/Showtime have to remain neutral.They have a solid relationship with Joshua and Match room.If they back Wilder and Joshua wins, that will look very embrassing
            That's total bull.
            There no such thing as neutrality when it comes to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
            It doesn't even have to be in a hostile environment because everyone will get their fair share. If fairness is all they're after.

Comment

Biggest question is why do you believe Wilder even deserves $12.5 mil?
              He never showed any interest in fighting Klitschko and Fury.
              And you'd wonder how much he would have demanded in those fights.
              Personally, if he fought one of those guys and AJ didn't.
              I would say the same things if AJ refuses to accept any deal offered by Wilder.
              But then only few people are real fans of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                Anybody with sense knows that flat fee offers for a fight that is guaranteed to do big ppv numbers is a creative way of ducking or pushing back a fight. When mayweather offered it to pac its because they didn't want the fight at that time. Pac wound up making 4 times as much as the flat fee offer when they eventually fought. Same exact scenario when Canelo offered ggg a flat fee and now with Joshua offering it to wilder. They don't want the fight yet but want to go back and tell the people who don't know any better, hey, we made an offer and they declined.
                Pac went from $40,000,000 to making over $100,000,000

GGG got another $8-12 million. A flat fee is basically a stall tactic. They pushing this fight to next year

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  At the end of the day let’s see what they come up with, offering Wilder 40% doesn’t mean it would be more than the 12.5m on offer.
                  Exactly, and I think AJ tried to make this point earlier in the week. Ok, if you’re telling me 12.5m isn’t enough because it’s a 100m fight, then guarantee me 50m, in a 50/50 deal and i’ll take it.

Comment

Arum Rips: Golden Boy's Flat Fee Offer To Golovkin is Bull****!

By Radio Rahim
                    September 28, 2016

Arum, who promoted De La Hoya for the majority of his boxing career, says the Golden Boy is forgetting his roots and blatantly ducking the fight.

"I felt Canelo Alvarez fought a guy [Liam Smith] who he had no business being in the ring with him. I think that Oscar should remember how we promoted him, when he would fight anybody. To duck Golovkin the way they've been doing it - demeans Canelo, makes no sense at all. Even if you did that fight and Canelo lost the fight, he would lose it bravely and he wouldn't hurt his fanbase. By ducking Golovkin he hurts himself with his fanbase," Arum said.

Arum also recalls when Floyd Mayweather offered Manny Pacquiao a flat fee of $40 million for their mega-fight several years ago. Pacquiao turned that down. Years later they reached a deal with a 60-40 split - and Pacquiao made $150 million, according to Arum.

He says De La Hoya and Golden Boy need to compensate Golovkin and Loeffler proper terms.

"A flat fee is bull****. Remember Mayweather offered Pacquiao a flat fee of $40 million - an amount that Pacquiao had never seen before. Pacquiao turned it down. He wanted a percentage and he ended up making a $150 million, so that's what Golovkin is looking for. Work out a deal with Loeffler, pay Golovkin a fair percentage. That's the way if you want to do the fight, do the fight," Arum said.

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-rip...ullsht--109223

Comment

So Parker gets 35% to survive not take risks didn’t go all out. Wilder who will go for it just gets a flat fee? Not the same 35%? Costing himself millions. How does that make sense

Comment

Working...
                      X