Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nelson: If Wilder Turns Down Joshua Offer - It Doesn't Look Good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelson has zero credibility to me as a boxing analyst. Hes proven his bias many times and clearly pushes whatever agenda the man tells him to. Nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tygshsu View Post
      NO, it will only be PPV on both sides if the fight is held in America at PRIME TIME.Why do you idiots have such a hard time understanding that ?
      Hey Moron, Wilder has never sold one PPV... Get that? Idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
        Stop this stupid nonsense doe.
        Tell Haymon to do the fight in Vegas.
        Hearn has no clue how to do PPV in the US.
        No reason why Wilder's team can't make their own offers.
        Agree?
        I do believe the fight would do better in the U.S., but Joshua has insisted the fight be in the UK, or did you forget that part?

Anthony Joshua Says He’s ‘not Interested’ in Coming to U.S.

Joshua (21-0, 20 KO) was asked in his post-fight interview in the ring, “Are you interested in trying to conquer America?”

His reply was blunt.

“No,” he said. “All these years, the UK fighters have had to go to America, everyone had to spend a heap of money to go to Vegas. We can do it in London around Wembley, Cardiff. It’s local. We’re staying right here. We’re staying right here.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/3/3...-coming-to-u-s

I'm sure Finkel will be announcing the counter-offer soon! Stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
          No you don't. You're talking out of your ass with absolutely nothing to back up your statement.

Off the top of my head the highest attendance for a fight in the US I can think of was Canelo vs Smith at the AT&T was close to 50,000 and that had a gate of $5,000,000 and close 300,000 PPV buys which was $20,000,000.

So when the biggest cash cow in US boxing fights in front of 50,000 fans and generates only $25,000,000 can you explain to me how a US boxer that is nowhere near the draw as Canelo and a UK boxer that is yet to fight in the US generates 4 times that amount?

That said, yes a flat-fee offer is rarely successful and shouldn't be successful in this case either.
          I don't have anything to back it up, because we haven't had a fight which drew 90,000 people! I also think Joshua is a slightly more credible opponent than Liam Smith!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            I do believe the fight would do better in the U.S., but Joshua has insisted the fight be in the UK, or did you forget that part?

Anthony Joshua Says He’s ‘not Interested’ in Coming to U.S.

Joshua (21-0, 20 KO) was asked in his post-fight interview in the ring, “Are you interested in trying to conquer America?”

His reply was blunt.

“No,” he said. “All these years, the UK fighters have had to go to America, everyone had to spend a heap of money to go to Vegas. We can do it in London around Wembley, Cardiff. It’s local. We’re staying right here. We’re staying right here.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/3/3...-coming-to-u-s

I'm sure Finkel will be announcing the counter-offer soon! Stay tuned!
            Joshua just recently announced he will accept $50 mil flat fee from Wilder's camp.
            Meaning, he admits it's not a one-way street.
            Which also means he's willing to fight in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              You can’t take anything anyone says who’s associated with Skysports / Matchroom seriously when it comes to this fight

Because they all tow the company line

Nelson opinion on this doesn’t matter and just full of sh.it
              Wilder is this you??

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                You people just don't get it as if it's rocket science.
                Hearn is not the only player in the game.
                There's no rule in the book where it says only one side makes the offer.
                Wilder is advised by powerful Haymon backed by Showtime/CBS.
                CBS is one of the prime networks in the US. It is not a joke.
                If Wilder's people feel it is worth more than what Hearn projects,
                then make the fight in the US and offer AJ his flat fee, which he is willing to accept.
                it doesn’t matter where the fight is and AJ has said plenty of times including after the Parker fight , that if he fights wilder it must happen in the UK. Where did read that AJ will fight in the US for a flat fee ? Again if they market this fight correctly it will be a globa fight .

Comment

Johnny Nelson? Let me guess he's from the UK??? Your opinion don't matter what matters is the truth, according to this ****** Wilder should fight for peanuts otherwise he's gonna look bad?? I'm not a fan of either fighter but it's clear as day that Joshua and Hearn are doing everything for the fight not to happen, they know what's up...why fight and lose when you can fight bums and make money...at the end of the day UK fans don't care about boxing they care about bandwagoning the hype train

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                    Then let team wilder make a counter offer. Must all the offers come from team AJ? Are you a learner?
                    This brother is bringing nothing to the table except a belt, no ppv, no commercials, nothing.
                    Be guided.
                    How do you know they haven't? They said they would by Friday. Could they have countered and not spoke to media like the AJ fans prefer?

Wilder brings danger. Big danger. In boxing danger sells. The more dangerous the opponent to Mayweather the more it sold. Same principle here. Wilder fans, UK fans who have been waiting for AJ to lose, plus UK fans who would only by a AJ fight that's this big a risk will be added to the pot that bought and attended Joshua Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      Nah b*tch, stop hating on Deontay: Understand whats at stake, UNDISPUTED in the HW division ; going down in history. You must think Deontay is a sucka for taking a flat offer for what this means. But you know Johny Nelson is a SKY houseboy, thats the only reason they employ Nelson -- hes a poor-mans Roy Jones jr.

Trust me when I say, Anthony Joshua is in for the beating of this life!
                      Deontay this really is you huh?? 🤔🤔

Comment

Working...
                      X