Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: I Want To Send a Message That I'll Dominate 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Floyd Mayweather went to the next division & fought the champ in his 1st fight there. Bud is going to do it now against J.Horn who beat pacquiao. Props to J.Horn!

Boo Boo has ducked a couple of times but I bet he would take the golovkin fight in a heart beat.

36 is not old if you live clean....Just look at Bernard Hopkins. He told you he lives a clean life style & it took up till he reached 50 before he would lose a fight since the 1st Roy Jones fight.....Jerry Rice played when he hit 40.

There are a lot of fighters/athletes that did dirt when they hit that top level, too many temptations....
    Floyd fought the champ in his first fight when moving up? What has that got to do with what i'm saying? Huh??

You tried to make out Golovkin doesn't want anything to do with the fighters who are at the weight now. So I asked you who has Golovkin ducked? Give me the time and date?

36 is old for nearly every athlete today and in history. There are a few exceptions Like Hopkins as you say, but that most certainly isn't the norm.

Hopkins didn't lose from the first Roy Jones fight all the way till he was 50?

Erm, Calzaghe, Taylor and Kovalev say differently.

Comment

Big fan of the guy's style but have been seriously underwhelmed by his 160 run thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        Floyd fought the champ in his first fight when moving up? What has that got to do with what i'm saying? Huh??

You tried to make out Golovkin doesn't want anything to do with the fighters who are at the weight now. So I asked you who has Golovkin ducked? Give me the time and date?

36 is old for nearly every athlete today and in history. There are a few exceptions Like Hopkins as you say, but that most certainly isn't the norm.

Hopkins didn't lose from the first Roy Jones fight all the way till he was 50?

Erm, Calzaghe, Taylor and Kovalev say differently.
        I mentioned Floyd cuz you lil g fans say Jermall has to beat some people to fight lil g....Bud will do the same in his 1st fight in the division.

B-Hop been getting robbed then he lost to kovalev & joe smith.

lil g ducked S.O.G. "On October 8th, just three months after Rafael’s report, Loeffler gave an interview to boxingscene.com explaining why the official offer was rejected...."

https://www.thefightcity.com/golovki...ovalev-boxing/
        Last edited by j.razor; 04-20-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          I mentioned Floyd cuz you lil g fans say Jermall has to beat some people to fight lil g....Bud will do the same in his 1st fight in the division.

B-Hop been getting robbed then he lost to kovalev & joe smith.

lil g ducked S.O.G. "On October 8th, just three months after Rafael’s report, Loeffler gave an interview to boxingscene.com explaining why the official offer was rejected...."

https://www.thefightcity.com/golovki...ovalev-boxing/
          No, you tried to make out Golovkin didn't want to fight the new kids on the block. So I asked you when he supposedly ducked them, but you couldn't come up with a valid reason. Golovkin has been busy taking on the big fights recently, so the likes of Charlo can wait his turn.

You think Hopkins was robbed against Taylor and Calzaghe? You need to do a course in scoring fights. It's woeful.

It was actually Ward who turned down the fight with Golovkin when it was put to HBO. HBO asked if Golovkin was on board and he said yes. They asked Ward the same question and he came out with excuses as to why the fight couldn't happen, even though he made out he wanted the fight. So get your facts straight.

After all this had happened Ward piped up again but Golovkin said that Ward was dead to him after all the rubbish that had already gone on between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Stop that. Charlo, #1 Contender, is fighting Centeno, #4 Contender. Meanwhile, Jacobs is fighting the #1 JUNIOR Middleweight Contender. I got love for Jacobs, but Alantez Fox and Maciej Sulecki is not getting it done!
            CW Jacobs will outweigh that guy by 40 lbs

Comment

Stop that. Charlo, #1 Contender, is fighting Centeno, #4 Contender. Meanwhile, Jacobs is fighting the #1 JUNIOR Middleweight Contender. I got love for Jacobs, but Alantez Fox and Maciej Sulecki is not getting it done!
              you do know the polaco fought the majority of his fights at 160? even had one at 168 lbs and already beat centeno at middleweight

just sayin!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                you do know the polaco fought the majority of his fights at 160? even had one at 168 lbs and already beat centeno at middleweight

just sayin!
                I know he's fought at 160 before, just like Gallimore dabbed at 160 before too! I'm just sayin', we can't **** on GGG for fighting Vanes, and give Jacobs props for fighting Polaco! The WBC has chosen Charlo's last 2 opponents. Jacobs has picked his last 2 opponents!

Comment

I know he's fought at 160 before, just like Gallimore dabbed at 160 before too! I'm just sayin', we can't **** on GGG for fighting Vanes, and give Jacobs props for fighting Polaco! The WBC has chosen Charlo's last 2 opponents. Jacobs has picked his last 2 opponents!
                  of course wbc chose the opponents hes a champ....

is jacobs currently a world champ? nope.....

the polaco only had like 3 fights under 160 and he ko'd centeno at mw

plus when the fight was announced for the polaco vs jacobs fight pretty much everyone was saying it was a good fight to do
                  even you called it a decent scrap:

Decent scrap, but I don't know how Jacobs will get back into the title mix without becoming a #1 contender in any of the sanctioning bodies.
                  so idk why you are changing your tone now

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=771868

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    of course wbc chose the opponents hes a champ....

is jacobs currently a world champ? nope.....

the polaco only had like 3 fights under 160 and he ko'd centeno at mw

plus when the fight was announced for the polaco vs jacobs fight pretty much everyone was saying it was a good fight to do
                    even you called it a decent scrap:

so idk why you are changing your tone now

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=771868
                    Because at this point, I don't want Jacobs to still be fighting "decent scraps!" Mora, Quillen, that was then. After GGG, I thought he was moving up a level, but his career is moving laterally. At least Charlo's last 2 are still forward movement, hopefully for a fight with Jacobs! Every body is playing it safe waiting for Canelo and GGG, and the whole 160 is a mess!

Comment

Working...
                    X