Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is boxing so watered down now??people wanna call fighters great wit no work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loma literally moved up fight the best. Berchalt and Davis want go in a different direction cool he'll go up to fight the #1 in the next division. He got Russell, Walters, Rigo, Roman,Sosa, Marriaga. Even his wins that people like to scuff at are good wins. Marriaga a come forward fighter who gave a tough fight to Valdez and kept coming forward against power puncher Walters. Agaist Loma who "has little power" he fought in a way he never had running around backgrounds just trying to survive while beaten and stalked down. Sosa a come forward fighter who beat Gamboa(bs scorecards) and KO'd Fortuna who many had winning against Easter

Comment

How the heck is Loma on that list? That dude is putting in work

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Name the top 5 wins of these boxers

Joshua-

GGG-

Wilder-

Kovalev-

Lomachenko-

Mikey Garcia

The problem with boxing today is none wants to put in the damn work anymore!!!
        I've seen plenty hype up Wilder, Loma and Mikey in various categories, threads on here stating Wilder has more power than Foreman, Mikey is labelled P4P and some label Loma a great already, although he hasn't done much....but why have you included AJ on the list?

When was the last time there was a thread stating AJ was better than Foreman in any aspect? Or anything along those lines?

The fact is, of those listed, AJ has the best win, GGG has the best career and the other's are playing catch up.

Wilder is a decade old joke. Mikey is scraping the barrel with his opponents and Loma has a lot to prove but the fight with Linares is amazing.

Comment

yeh i'd go with that 3G or kovalev as having the best career, espceially since you can happily argue that kovalev has a "draw" with a future ATG.

Perhaps kovalev is just ahead of 3G, he also started his title run younger despite being the younger of the two.

And he looks like a member of Carter USM, gotta count for something.

edit - kovalev is actually ahead of 3g in defences, 3G's run starts after takng his first title with danny geale, thats 8 defences in total. Sergey has 9 since coming back. So yeah Serg is arguably more accomplished.
          Last edited by DreamFighter; 04-07-2018, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Agreed. It's like people calling Mayweather a top 10 ATG without having a single victory over a prime HoF opponent.

Comment

D- troll thread.

Comment

i love how every single larryxxx thread is about his love for mayweather, he tries so hard but he cant hide it

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                  Name the top 5 wins of these boxers

Joshua- Wlad (top 5), Parker( top 5), Breazeale (top 10), Martin( top 10), takam .

GGG- Jacobs( top 3), Lemieux( top 5), Murray (top 10), Geale( top 10), Brook

Wilder- Stiverne( top 5), Ortiz (top 3), Scott, Duhaupas, Szpilka

Kovalev- Hopkins (top 3), Pascal (top 5), Chilemba, Cleverley (top 10), Pascal 2

Lomachenko- Rigo, Russell( top 5), Martinez ( top 5), Walters, Sosa

Mikey Garcia- Lipinets (top 5), Broner, R. Martinez, Zlantičanin ( top 3), Salido

Of all of them I say Mickey has the best resume. I feel like beside Garcia, Joshua and Kovalev too a certain Degree, you can make a case for the other guys being avoided.
                  Walters had to be top something when Loma fought him.

Comment

Loma has had 11 fights! How many fighters at 11 fights can you pick out with 5 incredible wins?

That said, he's won world championship at two weight classes in those 11 fights, so I'd say he's done pretty well so far.

Comment

TFW no Mayweather anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X