Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers who went from being Exciting to Watch to Boring!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard that said about Camacho Sr post Rosario fight I believe.

Comment

Hopkins i say

Comment

Wlad
        Camacho
        John Ruiz
        Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
          Denny's Garcia. Oh wait. That was boring the entire time.

Lol, word.

Comment

GGG.

He was only exciting because of inferior comp. We saw what happened the first two times, ever, that he fought a B range boxers.

The Canelo fight (from skills perspective) was particularly painful to watch-- with GGG shooting blindly and robotically in the dark, with his face as his main defensive weapon.

He'll be exciting again if he's allowed to fight the Wades of the world again. Not likely!

Comment

Eubank Sr became quite boring after the Watson bouts, mainly because he never sat down on a power punch ever again and his immense stoppage ability greatly reduced.

Comment

Calum Smith is heading that way a little for me but I wouldn't like to say boring as that's disrespectful.

And a strong opponent will may bring the best out of him but his style is quite metronomic. High held gloves, jab, jab, right hand and sink the left in when its available. But it's more the pace. Everything is at the same pace there doesn't seem to be a switch of gears. When fighters step up the levels usually the KO's dry up and the have to find other things to take the play away from their opponent.

With Smith I don't know what he does to beat George Groves apart from throw a huge volume of jabs against a fighter who has shown he is adept and landing his own heavy jab and countering effectively against talented fighters. But maybe something else is in Smith.

Comment

Wladimir and Mayweather....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Calum Smith is heading that way a little for me but I wouldn't like to say boring as that's disrespectful.

And a strong opponent will may bring the best out of him but his style is quite metronomic. High held gloves, jab, jab, right hand and sink the left in when its available. But it's more the pace. Everything is at the same pace there doesn't seem to be a switch of gears. When fighters step up the levels usually the KO's dry up and the have to find other things to take the play away from their opponent.

With Smith I don't know what he does to beat George Groves apart from throw a huge volume of jabs against a fighter who has shown he is adept and landing his own heavy jab and countering effectively against talented fighters. But maybe something else is in Smith.
                    Good shot on Callum Smith. His power seems to have faded even when facing guys outside the Top 10 and whats left is a rather boring jab jab jabber.

Comment

fraud mayweather jr, he exemplifies the word, 'boring,' to the next level. his fights are being used now to cure people with insomnia.

Comment

Working...
                      X